knocking after hitting pothole :(

kaos

Reaction score
last night on way home in evening hit a puddle and a massive pothole was lurking beneath :(
was only doing about 20 but i now have a clunk/knock when braking just before car stops. and suggestions? had a quick look with a torch but was dark and raining. im guessing ive snapped a spring or something :(

Maybe you have split a rubber bush or maybe the top mount bump stop

Chris

been ******* down all day but had a look at back earlier as think it may be there not the front. i did spot theres something with a small link rod on thats on the passenger wishbone and rear bottom stabiliser bar. its where this connects on a plastic thing at the back where its not connected anymore :( what is this for guys?

been ******* down all day but had a look at back earlier as think it may be there not the front. i did spot theres something with a small link rod on thats on the passenger wishbone and rear bottom stabiliser bar. its where this connects on a plastic thing at the back where its not connected anymore :( what is this for guys?
Sounds like the level system for your xenon's...

^^ What Dave said, sounds like the levelling arm, and if it's broken, you won't be the first!!