2012 S3 Remap

PaulAr

S3 (8P)
Reaction score
Apparently the 2012 S3 cant be remapped without opening up the ECU?

Is this true?

cheers
Paul

Wow, surprised evolutions are making their wy onto the S3 at this stage in its life. You could map an Oct 11 S3 via ODBC, so im glad now mine is on the older set up. What a PITA.

Apparently the 2012 S3 cant be remapped without opening up the ECU?

Is this true?

cheers
Paul

This is what I was told back in October by the chap who re-mapped my 2009 Sportback. This and the problems with insurance is why I decided to go for the factory 2.0TDI-170 rather than the 140 and get it re-mapped like my 2009 model.

AFAIK you need to remove the ECU to change a setting in it. Replace it back in the car and then you can load the map via the OBD port. Thats what Revo told me anyway.

Massive PITA really but take it to Shark HQ and they can do the map no problem. I'll be learning how its done so we can do them when we open the unit later this year. It isn't really that big a job.

The other thing that may or may not be a problem, depending on how long the car is kept is one of the new requirements of the 2012 MOT.

6.1.9 Engine performance: (a) Control unit illegal modified. (b) Illegal engine modification. (by 'illegal', it is assumed that they mean changed/programmed differently from OEM specifications)

Obviously very difficult to know whether anything has been done if if's done through the OBD port but much more obvious if the ECU has been removed. Could affect the re-sale value of the car if there is a doubt if it would pass an MOT.

Another reason why I went for the factory 2.0TDI-170 rather than remap a 140.

Massive PITA really but take it to Shark HQ and they can do the map no problem. I'll be learning how its done so we can do them when we open the unit later this year. It isn't really that big a job.

So Shark have an ODB solution for these latest cars?

cheers

So Shark have an ODB solution for these latest cars?

cheers

No i don't think so but worth checking, when we spoke to Ben at Shark a few weeks ago he said it could be done just didn't give any more info on how

The car definitely needs some more power...we have a module that we are going to be testing once we have a few more miles on the car and doesn't affect warranty so I'll keep you posted Paul.

Only 115 miles on mine so far lol.....you fancy a meet up today Teeside Park and a run along the coastal road?

No i don't think so but worth checking, when we spoke to Ben at Shark a few weeks ago he said it could be done just didn't give any more info on how

The car definitely needs some more power...we have a module that we are going to be testing once we have a few more miles on the car and doesn't affect warranty so I'll keep you posted Paul.

Only 115 miles on mine so far lol.....you fancy a meet up today Teeside Park and a run along the coastal road?

Sorry Jen, just got this post, hope you had a good run out.

I am still undecided on this running in malarky.
Some say 1000miles but that could be 6 weeks before I can drive the car as intended, however the dealer reckons 300-500 is plenty, and all they give their demos.

Whats your plans for running in?

Defo keep me posted on the `mystery module` sounds very interesting.

Coming from a 320d the S3 feels fairly quick however with Stage 1 it should be a hoot flat shifting on the paddles:icon_thumright:

enjoy
Paul

Run out today wasn't too bad although no other Audi's turned up....we added the Pedal Box today and boy does it make a difference to the car! It put a massive smile on my face so if your around over our way sometime drop me a pm and we can go out for a test drive :)