Tints i know its been covered.

Gareth a3

Reaction score
looking at tinting my car im aware of the law stating 70% light needs to be let through front windows so im looking for advice and pics if anyone has any. i was thinking medium or dark in back and then light smoke for front?
KGrHqRHJBwE7y2kp7jBPGsKcoSw60_12.jpg

ive got light smoke and medium in the back,

Last edited by a moderator:
i wouldn't bother tbh... back 3 windows dark makes ur car look like a van. i had all mine done, front dark too... police took them off, i took them all off in the end

The cops wont pull his off as he states that he knows the tint percentage allowed by law.

The cops wont pull his off as he states that he knows the tint percentage allowed by law.

he knows the law on fronts but still wants smoke or light
even the light will put him over and IF pulled will be made to remove and may get a probition or 3 points
if he searches he will find a very recent thred with all the info needed

he knows the law on fronts but still wants smoke or light
even the light will put him over and IF pulled will be made to remove and may get a probition or 3 points
if he searches he will find a very recent thred with all the info needed
i checked vosa it says 70 percent through front side windows and 75 through windscreen.

yes thats right
but any tint even the lighest will put it under the 70%
your glass is already tinted between 25 and 30+ %
some factory tint makes it - 30 to start with

yeah, to me its not even worth it anymore… i was quite lucky not to get 3 points and a fine to be honest and for months i didn't care but its up to you mate, your car. although to me your car would look so much better without that bodykit, lowered and some nice 18 inch in anthracite

yeah, to me its not even worth it anymore… i was quite lucky not to get 3 points and a fine to be honest and for months i didn't care but its up to you mate, your car. although to me your car would look so much better without that bodykit, lowered and some nice 18 inch in anthracite
lol thanks i thought my car looked nice :sadlike:

lol thanks i thought my car looked nice :sadlike:

Lol if you like it then fairplay, i personally would ditch the lot and make it a clean example of a rare kingfisher blue audi a3, i had one for 2years and it was the best coloured car iv ever had, got ming blue now but kingfisher is the best colour for the a3.

some nice black wheels or anthracite would look good on that colour, bodykit makes it look a little 'chavvy' for example below, take all that bodykit off and a buy an s3 front bumper for it, lower it, nice wheels... would look quality! but you mod a car to ur likin, so if u like it, who cares!

some nice black wheels or anthracite would look good on that colour, bodykit makes it look a little 'chavvy' for example below, take all that bodykit off and a buy an s3 front bumper for it, lower it, nice wheels... would look quality! but you mod a car to ur likin, so if u like it, who cares!

thats not the colour of my car dont think lol.
KGrHqRHJBwE7y2kp7jBPGsKcoSw60_12.jpg