alarm messing about

saxonblue

Reaction score
my alarm is going off at random,,
last night i got about 3 hours sleep with the thing going off, God knows why, i was sure sombody was about to steel the motor right from under my window, so i sat and looked out for ages after stoping the alarm and locking the car,
then after about 45 mins with no signe of anyone or anything to set it off, beep beep beep etc etc, this went on ALL NIGHT!!!
the car in the end locked its self BUT the alarm wasnt turnd on, i havent a clue whats going on with it coz thismorning i un locked it with the remote, but couldent lock it with the remote????,
whats happening,,,,, it starts and drive fine, any ideas please help,
but do speek slowley and dont use big words thanks... i havent sleept that well :(

in the drivers door, there are 2 switches, Anti Jack and Internal sensor, my advise is to try the anti jack switch 1st,

flick the switch so the led comes on and shows its selected, then lock the car up with nobody in it and see if that stops it,

if that fails,

try the internal sensor off and lock it up again,

see if one of them solves the issue before we start going down any other roads just yet,

also has the passenger side foot well been wet lately ?

A VCDS/VAG.COM scan will tell you what's setting the alarm off - these errors are logged in Convenience Module.
Could be any sensor as Turkster has advised or a duff micro switch in any of the locks (bonnet or boot).

well igot to the cause of my problem,,,
SOME TOSSERS TRYD TO KNICK MY CAR,,,,:motz::angrymod:, I only noticed yesterday morning after posting the first pose on here about it,
the chrome trim at the top of my drivers side door wasnt fitting proply, it was sort of lifted up in the midle and there was a few scratches at both ends of the trim where someones had a screwdriver under it:banghead:, after sorting this out i thought tossers, at least they didnt get the car,
then after the alarm started to off againe all by its self, i thought i would take it for a scan using vagcom to see whats up with it,
it was only when driving on the way to have it done that i realised i had moved the seat forward after getting in the car thismorning!!!!!!!,
nobody else uses my car and the seat hardly eva gets moved,, then it hit me and made my blood boil,,,,they got in my motor!!!
this as you can expect realllllly p155ed me off!
i cant belive they got in....
nothing was taken from the car so i sopese thats somthing, but never mind that, i still want to see if i can remember the boxing and karate i did years ago on the sod that tryd to knick it,,,,:no:

vagcom shown up the boot lid had been messed about with and the sensor was/is trigering the alarm, also the the drivers door lock was going mental,, they must have put somthing down between the window and the inside if the door and hit a wire or somthing on the lock???
after clearing all the codes off and testing it again, the boot is was still playing up, everything was lined up ok but after the alarm had beed trigerd a boot open symble came on on the dash,
after a lot of messing about the guy sorted it out, and it stayd ok, untill lastnight at 2:30am when BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP!!!!,
as you can imagion i was up out of bed and out side like a shot!:superman:,but not a signe of anyone, while watching the car it went off againe.
i took it back to the place that scaned it today and the boot lid sensor was trigering it same sa before, but we saw the catch itsself was loose, after doing it up and re scaning and testing, and waighting.... everything is looking ok now, fingers crossed, as i need some sleep!

but people keep your eye on your cars!!!!!

after telling the police about it, i was told its happening a lot this sort of thing, people are getting in somehow and messing with the port for the obd, in some cases ripping it nout all togeather, and there after audi and vw's, there was a report in the manchester eveinig news about it, a few people have been smacked over the head at light and had to hand there keys over and other things like that,,,,, not good at all and very worrying!
so pleeeaaasssee, keep your eye on your motor, more so if you live in thr greater manchester areaa,,
but not that i am this condoning this or or anything, but remember police need proof, all we need is a bassball bat and an excuse!!!
sorry about the long post but dont say youv not been warnd if somthing happens to you car!!!:gun2:

update,,,the ****** things going off again,,,,arrrrrrrrrrrrr
just after posting the last bit, beeb beebbeeb
the tossers, if they have stuffed up my car i want them to,,,,well i wont say on here but you can guess!!!
waht can i do to stop it going off untill i can get it sorted out next week???help please as i am fed up allreadyy

could be a disconect the battery job and lock the doors by the key, i would go about this in this way, open the bonnet, lock the car so all doors are locked, disconnect the cars battery and close the bonnet, the cars alarm will then be de activated, but you wont be hearing the alarm go off all night, in the morning open the drivers door with the key and open the bonnet and re connect the battery and get it fixed if you can,

every time the alarm gos off, get a boot open sysble on the dash, i took the cover off from under the boot lid last night (at ****** 2;45am)
and it was wet inside,,, it did look like condenstion more then anthing else , but i dont sopose its doing it any good,
i have got it booked in for next wensday to hopefully get it sorted,, but thats days away
i dont want to keep disconecting the battery and having to put it back on all the time, and i could realy do with the car for work,,
i am going to have another look at this boot lock today and see what i can sort out,, funy thing is it duznt seem to to off during the day or in the dry???
lol maybe the car dosent like the dark or the rain!!!!!
if i get a new boot lock. will it come with the micro switch on it, or can i just disconect the switch and stop the alarm going off??????

ohhh 1 other thing, i have been looking about for answers to this problem, and came across somthing on the phone (wap) that said the beep bep sound it makes isnt the alarm?? its a warning sound to let you know theres a faulty or open lock/door/roof?
it this true

Have you checked your rear washer pipe isn't split?

(assuming it's an avant)

Hair drier on the lock to dry it out & spray some WD40 on it to repell the water.

took car in for a scan (again) yesterday, the bloke is a top guy and very helpfull, he took off all the locks, gave them a good clean and greesed them all up , there was a lot of condensation???? (water) under the boot lid liner, i dryd this off the other day as well, dont know why its there but the gasket had gone a little funy on the boot lid brake light, so i seald it with some silliecone,
all the coads have now been cleard off, and my old batter put on, as the last 1 went flat, i will have to see what happens now, but it looks good up to now, its not gone off yet!!!!! fingers crossed it will be ok. here's the coads (are you sat down?)

01616 can anyone explaine????

swine, flat battery AGAINE,,, i got a new one today from a place called ALPHA BATTERYS, THERE WEB SIGHT= www.alpha-battery.co.uk
there cheap as chips ,
i will put this new battery on soon ( when i have woke up a little coz of the alarm, and also warmed up a bit)

duz cold weather often cause a prob with switches?? and batterys on the cabs, coz this will be the 2nd battery its gone through in 2 weeks after the attempted theft of the car, and the alarm prob, and it only seems to be going faulty at night , when the temp drops and or its wet or frosty??????

ohhhhh if only i had vag-com and a laptop of my own, ??? :(

If it's killed a second battery in two weeks then it must have been a duff battery, either that or you've got serious issues.

How did you get on analysing those codes?

i got a few of them on wiki, but some didnt come up?????
looks like the locks are playing up, i have got a new boot catch coming off ebay as we speek. also there was somthing on there relating to a battery problem, hope it sort's everything when i put the new catch and battery on, its in for a re-scan on friday

heres what wiki came up with

01331 - Door Control Module; Driver Side (J386)
01331 - Door Control Module; Driver Side (J386): Supply Voltage Too Low
Possible Causes
Fuse(s) faulty
Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Module faulty
Power Supply (Battery/Generator) faulty
Possible Solutions
Check Fuse(s)
Check/Repair Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Module
Check Power Supply (Battery/Generator)
Special Notes
When found in an individual control module, it's most likely a local source (e.g. wiring/connectors).
When found in multiple control modules at the same time, it's most likely a common source (e.g. ground spot, battery, generator).
Intermittent codes are often stored during low outside temperature when the battery capacity goes down and may be ignored.

01333 - Door Control Module Rear Left (J388)
01333 - Door Control Module Rear Left (J388): Defective
Possible Causes
Fuse(s) faulty
Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Door Control Module Rear Left (J388) faulty
Door Control Module Rear Left (J388) faulty
Possible Solutions
Check Fuse(s)
Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Door Control Module Rear Left (J388)
Check/Replace Door Control Module Rear Left (J388

01330 - Central Control Module for Central Convenience (J393): Faulty
Possible Causes
Control Module faulty
Possible Solutions
Check Control Module
Replace Control Module

01330 - Central Control Module for Central Convenience (J393): Voltage supply too high
Possible Causes
Battery Faulty
Charging System Problem
Special Notes
Check Measuring Blocks for Voltage Readings

01330 - Central Control Module for Central Convenience (J393): Voltage supply too low
Possible Causes
Battery Faulty or Discharged
Charging System Problem
Wiring Problem
Special Notes
Check Measuring Blocks for Voltage Readings
01134 - Alarm Horn (H12): No Signal/Communication
Possible Symptoms
Anti-Theft Alarm sporadically triggered
Possible Causes
Fuse(s) faulty
Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Alarm Horn (H12) faulty
Alarm Horn (H12) faulty
Possible Solutions
Check Fuse(s)
Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Alarm Horn (H12)
Check/Replace Alarm Horn (H12)
01374 - Alarm triggered by Terminal 15
Possible Causes
Anti-Theft Alarm triggered by switching Ignition ON (Terminal 15) without deactivating Alarm first
False Alarm
Possible Solutions
Check/Clear Fault Codes
Special Notes
This fault code is only a note.
01371 - Alarm triggered by Door Contact Switch; Driver's Side
Possible Causes
Anti-Theft Alarm triggered by unauthorized opening of Driver Door
Driver Door Contact Switch (F2) faulty
Wiring/Connectors from/to Driver Door Contact Switch (F2) faulty
False Alarm
Possible Solutions
Check/Clear Fault Codes
Check Driver Door Contact Switch (F2)
Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Driver Door Contact Switch (F2)
Special Notes
This fault code is only a note
00955 - Key 1: Adaptation Limit Surpassed
Possible Symptoms
Key/Remote Control not operational
Possible Causes
Key/Remote Control not matched
Key/Remote Control operated too often while Out of Range
Possible Solutions
See vehicle specific page for synchronisation/adaptation procedures

00955 - Key 1: Lower Limit Exceeded
Possible Symptoms