Right.......

ilim

Reaction score
Ok decided to get and exhaust system for the car and was wondering what turbo back systems are available and what's the best sounding

Videos, picture anything will do

Thank yooooouuuu:thrashi:

there is a good build thread on an orange S3 think the guys name is S3BUH. He has the Quad Supersprint system.

Agree rye supersprint is the nuts, but at 50% more then the milltek it's a big layout
If it helps I may have one up for grabs soon

if i was buying TBE again probably would go Supersprint. got the milltek, sounds great, but i'm not really satisfied with the quality, my mounting bracket keeps snaping and snaping, got it welded 3 times since i got the exhaust. maybe i just had a bad luck.

Reactions: chrissy1502002
if i was buying TBE again probably would go Supersprint. got the milltek, sounds great, but i'm not really satisfied with the quality, my mounting bracket keeps snaping and snaping, got it welded 3 times since i got the exhaust. maybe i just had a bad luck.

I think upgraded rear engine mount may help, but that said I have never had any issues so not sure what the deal is there (mine is Blueflame). Fitting uprated rear mount bushes when it goes back on this car just to be sure.

I've had the Milltek here for around 30 000 miles without problems.

Admittedly it's now half Milltek and half AMD but it keeps going.

I think there are occasional issues with welds and brackets but I can't imagine that other manufacturers don't get this as well.

yeah..i got track use (purple) Powerflex mount it's worth the money!!!
here's the link where i got it from
POWERFLEX Lower Engine Mount Insert (Large) [PFF85-704] - �19.13 : Suspension Bushes, Online Store for Polyurethane Bushings. Powerflex Distributor!
but that bracket is thin and it keeps snaping, at the end welded a thicker plate, made holes for the screws and now it's good.
i agree with you Alex but i had it for 20 000km's now and recently welded it for the third time. but as i said i really do have bad luck with those sort of things so it's maybe that.

Last edited:
I think mine has been on and off the car so often and had bits chopped out of it to the extent that it's been checked pretty often!

Maybe that's the answer......

Also all of the engine mounts have been changed to VWRacing semi solid ones.

Funnily enough I have had the same problem, the welding from the factory is **** poor. I had mine re-welded on Sunday morning by a local welder who couldnt beleive the lack of penetration from Milltek's welding attempts

Funnily enough I have had the same problem, the welding from the factory is **** poor. I had mine re-welded on Sunday morning by a local welder who couldnt beleive the lack of penetration from Milltek's welding attempts

Did you complain to Milltek?

I know a few people have had similar issues and been sorted out appropriately by the factory.

Sounds like an ongoing quality control problem.

Yeah, ive spoken to them but they wanted me to remove the exhaust/downpipe and pay to send it to them and they will repair it. However having the car off the road isnt really an option for me. Luckily I know a good welder who is mobile and based just round the corner lol

On the other hand I had a turbo back milltek on my MK3 Ibiza Cupra and had no issues. It seems that their quality levels have dropped in the recent years

It seems that their quality levels have dropped in the recent years

Since (whilst they never admit it), there has been outsource to China. Got it in black and white in a magazine article somewhere. I used to have Millteks on previous cars. High failure rates put me off as I can't be ***** with the hassle of getting things on/off to get them fixed. Costs over £100 to get a full exhaust disconnected. When I'm paying over a grand for a full system it should just work, it's not new technology!

Reactions: RedDejavu
Heard a few people complaining about them recently.
The old one on my MK2 Golf is bomb proof!
Too many cost cuts me thinks.

Since (whilst they never admit it), there has been outsource to China. Got it in black and white in a magazine article somewhere. I used to have Millteks on previous cars. High failure rates put me off as I can't be ***** with the hassle of getting things on/off to get them fixed. Costs over £100 to get a full exhaust disconnected. When I'm paying over a grand for a full system it should just work, it's not new technology!
i'm with you on this mate. over here is over 2000€ so it's a lot of money and Supersprint isn't that much more. IMHO cost of taking it off, shipping it back to UK for them to have a look at it and then fix it, getting it back, fitting it back, and beeing without a car for a while is too much hassle and moneya and deff it's not an option. if they do care about customers and their name they should take care of 5 bad items in a lot of 100-200 sold.

Yep they have been outsourcing to China, I have got all the details on it aswell lol. Like you I was astonished and rather annoyed at it seeing as its not even 2 years old. When I get my new car I definately wont be putting a Milltek on it. They may sound very nice but I really cant be bothered with the hassle of them anymore.