Breaking warning!

S3redline

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

i have some problem with the wiring to my front breakpad.
How do i get the red ! warning sign in my dash to stop.
i tryed to connect the wires togheter with no luck. seems like the guy who had the car before me didnt bother to buy breakpads with sensor.

you can buy replacement wear detector wires from your motor factors for a few quid..

i rather just buy new pads with sensors when the old ones gets worn down. So no quick fix for getting the warning light to stop?

i rather just buy new pads with sensors when the old ones gets worn down. So no quick fix for getting the warning light to stop?
i dont think so no, end of the day they're there as a warning/safety device for the braking system so i doubt you can bypass it as it'd be dangerous, wh ydont you by new pads and use one of the sensors? keep an eye on them pads and swap them over before that sensor gets touched??

I would scan the car for faults before jumping to assumptions about the warning light... if shorting them together doesn't work then you have a bigger problem somewhere potentially...

The pad wear indicator is an orange light..
A4B5Dash-BrakeWarning.jpg

If you are having a red one come on then thats something else and more serious... thats normally to tell you to stop driving the car...

<tuffty/>

touching the wires together will cause the light to come on. unplugging might do the trick?

touching the wires together will cause the light to come on. unplugging might do the trick?

The wires form a circuit and will show the light if broken or short to earth (as they would when worn)

The fix for pads without wear indicators is to short the wires together... fast road/track pads such as DS2500's don't come with sensors... I used an old sensor plug from a set of std pads to plug into the wiring and twisted the wires together to complete the circuit...

<tuffty/>

As tufty says, brake pad wear sensor is an amber warning, if it's the red warning then there is something more serious and the car needs to be scanned to find out what.

red warning would indicate a problem with the servo / abs, not the pad wear rate

fluid level can bring on the light aswell, to tell you to check/top it up