S3 breaking ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

motfree

Reaction score
Hi peeps ..
Looking as breaking my s3 and trying to get the most I can for it obviously .. Getting everything taken out next week as sold a few bits already but would I get much for the shell ?? Don't know weather to weigh it in or sell but it's down as cat c ( was only panel damage got pics ) .. What do you lot think ??
Cheers

i got £200 for my old punto GT shell,

you would get £100-£150 weigh in atm i think.

(if its prefacelift with piano black dash i'll have your ashtray if it works, and your rear headlight sensor bar off your rear beam if you have that too lol)

what colour is it as I'm after the left side skirt end thingy next to the rear wheel. mike

For anyone else interested in parts that motfree might have for sale, please PM him directly instead of making this a forsale thread.

I will lock this thread if someone else asks for a part, now stick with the original question and value the shell, as it's not something you can look up I believe.

Big brother is watching! :angrymod:

****** hell,,,, you move fast with the decisions.....why are you breaking, did you ever get it running right?

Yep was engine speed sensor got it running 17 psi went well but with a little one coming in april need to sell but think I'm going to get more stripping it than as a whole .. Wouldn't mind keeping it but 4 doors call :-( haha ..

ah, ok i think you would get more breaking when the weather improves...good luck with it....

Well got a garage free now .. So paying my mate £150 to strip everything off down to a bare shell .. Think I will end up getting another one after looking around get a good one for £3500 - 4k :)

For anyone else interested in parts that motfree might have for sale, please PM him directly instead of making this a forsale thread.

I will lock this thread if someone else asks for a part, now stick with the original question and value the shell, as it's not something you can look up I believe.

Dont take this the wrong way but what's the problem with people advertising/trying buy parts outside the classified section? Which is, as stated in previous thread, all but useless on this forum.

what if you value the shell and ask for parts in brackets like i did? :p

Dont take this the wrong way but what's the problem with people advertising/trying buy parts outside the classified section? Which is, as stated in previous thread, all but useless on this forum.

Take it up with the Admin if you don't like the way the site is run, there are rules, and it's not my problem you can't get along with the classifieds section.

I could make it a point by simply removing any ad I see on the open forum from now on if you like, but as it stands, I simply just lock the thread, and they are still there.

what if you value the shell and ask for parts in brackets like i did? :p

You was lucky to sneak that one in, I WILL lock the thread is anyone asks motfree for any more parts in this thread. :zen:

Last edited:
Just wasn't 100% on how much bare shell would be worth as taking literally everything off dash , diff , shafts ... Everything !!
But maybe would it be worth more than £150 if I sell it ?? Someone that has twisted their chasis ??

I'd weigh the shell in personally. Not sure on value of scrap at the moment, but you should get reasonable money for it.

The problem with selling them is always shipping, as I assume it won't be a rolling shell?

Take it up with the Admin if you don't like the way the site is run, there are rules, and it's not my problem you can't get along with the classifieds section.

I could make it a point by simply removing any ad I see on the open forum from now on if you like, but as it stands, I simply just lock the thread, and they are still there.

9677.jpg

Was only asking!

I'd weigh the shell in personally. Not sure on value of scrap at the moment, but you should get reasonable money for it.

The problem with selling them is always shipping, as I assume it won't be a rolling shell?

Well that depends you see .. It's down as a cat c but was wanting to know what it would be worth as a rolling shell and also as a bare shell .. Obviously trying to make as much dosh as poss :) ..
Suppose as a bare shell would benefit from selling drive shafts , diff , wishbones , rear beam ... Not really sure what else though ??

i wouldnt think its even going to be 750kg by the time its stripped to just the bare shell.

I presume you'll be keeping all the panels, i'd cut the rear quarters out of it too, you'll probably be able to sell those to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.