Still worrying about the deseil like noise

ilim

Reaction score
Right guys I have posted here a few times, Im still concerned about the tappet like noise coming from the engine. I know it's a common noise but I just dont seem convinced about it. I took it to the dealers and they said it was normal for the Tfsi engines.

Can any one shed some light on my worry.

Cheers lads and ladies

i have a fsi, ang it also sounds like a diesel! really annoying!

My a4 2.0l tfsi is the same but only when the enine is warm whe i first start up the engine sounds like a proper audi sweet and after 5-10 mins the desil noise why

Reactions: RedDejavu
My a4 2.0l tfsi is the same but only when the enine is warm whe i first start up the engine sounds like a proper audi sweet and after 5-10 mins the desil noise why

It's probably to do with the EGR system for the emission control. Once it's warmed up and the revs drop the ticking starts.

As above. When the engine is cold it holds the revs higher so the ticking noise is lost in the rest of the engine noise. When it settles down it's easier to hear it.

As above. When the engine is cold it holds the revs higher so the ticking noise is lost in the rest of the engine noise. When it settles down it's easier to hear it.

My 2.0T ticks at idle when warmed up, you're not alone!

yep they all do it

I'd second all the above, but mine got much worse when I suffered an inlet manifold tumble flap fault on the ECU. It was like an unbelievably loud tick that was worse than the tappet tappets.

I never bothered to fix it as it didn't seem to have any other negative effects, but I wondered whether it was causing the even louder ticking.

Yep, mine ticks like a good un'!