H&R Springs

Tony gold

Reaction score
Finally got my H&R springs on my s3,have got standard shocks,but what a difference over standard

How much did they lower the car, and did you change anything else or have anything else adjusted? Throw up a pic.:yes:

Did you do just the springs or did you also replace the shocks? How have you found the ride so far? as a few on here have try'd H&R springs and found them to be a little bit on the hard side.

I found the H&Rs quite firm, but they lower the front end enough to make the car handle! I'd definitely recommend new or uprated shocks though though, makes a huge difference in ride.

Did you get away with not using tie bars?

The H&Rs didn't really lower the back enough to effect the camber by much from my experience.

Just changed the springs,havent had tie bars put on as only lowered 25mm,the ride wasnt very good till got it all tracked up,I'm really happy with the ride,havent even told the mrs that i lowered it as she said that drives better and just generally feels alot better,so i think that must say something lol,will get some pics up later

i fitted h&r springs on my 1.8t quattro ive only just put a new set of genuine rear springs on the rear but wanted it lower, ive gone 25mil and what a difference !! i allways thought it was a hard ride but now it is a lot smoother not as hard but so much more responsive, allthough i have change the anti roll bar bushes for poly !!! what a difference totally transformed the car

your car sit very nice Tony...are the wheels 18's

day

Last edited:
yeah 18" wheels with 10mm spacers on the front and 15 on the back,think i'm going to be changing to 20mm on the back though

Got my eibach 20mm fitted during the week, great ride quality now. Surprisingly better on the speed bumps.
Got the back spaced by 15mm, but changing to 20mm during the week.

I got 20mm spacers for the rear wheels last week and they're not the right stud pattern gutted!