Audi A3 1.8t AUQ 300bhp!

Paul2011*A3*

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a standard A3 1.8t AUQ 20v.

I am making a project called "The Black Pearl" my car is black :) anyway I'm drifting, back to the point is I want to make my A3 super quick! around 300bhp.

What would I need to do this? I have been saving up for this (£4500) I basically know what things I news but not everything and I thought i'll share with the Audi community :)

Can anyone give me a list with what i will be needing?

Breakpads to turbo etc, no flatspots, you put it down i will buy it (after research) possibly better than a K04 Hybrid. All suspension parts, fuel injectors, headers, exhaust (probably miltek) Just give me a list with whatever I will be needing.

Will post pictures up after project, Many thanks. :D

After running a stage 2 LCR which posted a meagre 280bhp, a turbo will be a pre-requisite (as will a decent DP and IC).

There is a phenomenal Leon Cupra 1.8T on SEATCUPRA.net owned by a guy call RobDon that is running early 300's which has hybrid turbo, INA manifold, Forge hoses, uprated I/C etc.... so as part of your ongoing research it may be worth checking that too for 'Pearls' of wisdom!

Best of luck.

Rather than being spoon fed what you need, why not try doing a little research by searching the forum. There are numerous threads, that will give you all the info you need.

Hey guys,

I have a standard A3 1.8t AUQ 20v.

I am making a project called "The Black Pearl" my car is black :) anyway I'm drifting, back to the point is I want to make my A3 super quick! around 300bhp.

What would I need to do this? I have been saving up for this (£4500) I basically know what things I news but not everything and I thought i'll share with the Audi community :)

Can anyone give me a list with what i will be needing?

Breakpads to turbo etc, no flatspots, you put it down i will buy it (after research) possibly better than a K04 Hybrid. All suspension parts, fuel injectors, headers, exhaust (probably miltek) Just give me a list with whatever I will be needing.

Will post pictures up after project, Many thanks. :D

First thing is more money tbh. To afford the suspension, brakes and assosoated mods required. Also are you doing the work yourself or paying someone?

After running a stage 2 LCR which posted a meagre 280bhp, a turbo will be a pre-requisite (as will a decent DP and IC).

There is a phenomenal Leon Cupra 1.8T on SEATCUPRA.net owned by a guy call RobDon that is running early 300's which has hybrid turbo, INA manifold, Forge hoses, uprated I/C etc.... so as part of your ongoing research it may be worth checking that too for 'Pearls' of wisdom!

Best of luck.

robs on gt28rs currently

easy solution get 7-8k drive to bill's (Badger 5) hand over the keys & Money pick car up some time later that month sorted.

unless you want to build yourself then search away my friend there tons of different advise to acheiveing 300+ bhp its how you want the power delivery torque power how you gonna use the car reliability etc etc

I think it's a little more involved than your first post suggests dude, but don't let the replies so far put you off!

First off, I'd look at making your car capable of SAFELY dealing with 300bhp.

This, for me, means brakes and suspension MUST be done first.

Budget at least £400 for some decent shocks and springs, these will improve the road holding no end, and help prevent huge weight transfer brought about by more power and bigger brakes.

ARB's would be nice, but I'd not say they're an essential before big power, just a personal preference.

Brakes : forget a 312 upgrade, if you're going for 300bhp, go for some 4 pot alloy callipers.

To just go out and buy brand new parts, you're looking at £1k on a brembo junior GT setup, although careful searching on the second hand market could net a set for £500.

With the suspension and brakes done' you're likely to have spent £1500 at LEASt, so leaving you perhaps £3k for a power upgrade.

I'm not hugely hot on GT upgrade prices, but I'm sure it could be done on that budget, and I'm certain you would build a ko4 hyrbid setup for that money.

Best bet is to spend some time doing research, get yourself onto Seatcupra.net as a few people have said, there's LOADS more info on hybrids and BT setups over there.

Good luck!