N75 valve

Rick22

Reaction score
What does an N75 valve do is the same as an external wastegate any help on this would be gret guys cheerz
Rick

N75 valve is used by the ECU to control the actuator on an internally gated turbo such as all A3/S3's etc come with as std...

The N75 will control external wastegates if fitted (typically as part of a big turbo conversion)

<tuffty/>

okay cool so an upgraded one will work alot better than a standard one, because i wanted to fit an external waste gate to my a3 1.8t is it worth the money and would it help with getting more bhp outa a remap cheerz

okay cool so an upgraded one will work alot better than a standard one, because i wanted to fit an external waste gate to my a3 1.8t is it worth the money and would it help with getting more bhp outa a remap cheerz

Ermmm... no.... there is no such thing as an 'upgraded' N75... and why an external wastegate?? are you sure you know what one is?

Just get a remap, FMIC, silicon TIP and a cone filter or similar for getting the best out your remap... depending if you have a K03 or K03s you should get somewhere around 200bhp to 230bhp

<tuffty/>

may make me sound stupid but what is an FMIC and i silicon TIP? i already have a cone filter so im a third of the way there

Reactions: Legacy87
FMIC = Front Mount InterCooler... A3's have a single side mounted intercooler which is ok on the std power but when remapped the turbo generates a lot more heat which overcomes the std intercooler... this leads to loosing power over a sustained period of 'spirited' driving... a decent FMIC will be more effective at cooling the hotter charge air and you will keep more of your total power more of the time...

The TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) is the rather shoddy looking piece of rubber going from the MAF (where you have fitted your cone filter) and the turbo.. the OEM TIP doesn't flow very well and most people replace this with a silicon one which flows better..

<tuffty/>

sorry for hijacking the post, i have a remap stage 1 revo, where/whats the best TIP to use?

regards tom

A silicon one :)

Horses for courses tbh... buy a Forge one if you want a known brand or have a look around on ebay...

<tuffty/>

Thnks man real good help id better get some stuff ordered then

Just to add i recently replaced my N75 valve with a new standard from Audi stealer, as it was being flagged as faulty in diags. I was surprised how much performance i was losing from my stock S3 with faulty N75, just thought i was used to the mild acceleration and it's 11years old, goes like new!!!

Yep, similar happened to me recently. It's like a new car power delivery/band wise.

Thats the race thing i saw thats what got me thinking and asking questions

If you have time then as above. I was lazy and just ordered one. If it's done a fair few miles (mine was on 65k ish) then it's probably not in the best nick. I figured if it was OK then I just had a spare for when it inevitably gave problems.

Edit: Mine had a very spikey delivery and as that's a bad thing I thought it was good to replace it. Luckily it sorted it out...