1.8 RED T?

haha. that thread is full of win.....

As said previously, I can't prove that I'm right, I simply know I am, and nobody is going to convince me otherwise.

Unlike many on the forum, I only post if I know the information I'm giving is correct and true. Othewise, I say nothing.

as mine is already mapped, can I stick a red T on it and get ANOTHER 30bhp? that'd be epic!

I think the original poster was talking about the 1.8T 8L not the 8P.....

Considering it's in the 8L section I did kind of know that. Was just using the 8P as an example that the badging mean naff all!

The badging doesn't mean anything. Audi fit what they like and so do the dealers because back in the early 2000's it was up to the dealers to badge the cars as part of the PDi checks...

This. ^^^

Although there is probably a rough trend, i.e. MOST quattros have red T, but this does not mean that only quattros are badged with the red T, or indeed non quattros are badged with the silver T.

To be honest, who really cares though? Just consider it to mean nothing, and you'll be right. Its only a T...

quit-your-jibba-jabba-mr-t-snickers-demotivational-poster-1233793989.jpg

colour of the badge means NOTHING at all folks. Sorry.

there is possible SOME correlation between the TDIs, with 90's having a silver T and 110's having a red T, but this wasn't consistent through the years at all.

basically, they stuck on whatever badge they felt like at the time!

some have red, some have silver.

Most 1.8t A3's have a silver T.

red means nothing. sorry chaps.

What he said. Simples.

Mine isn't a 1.8T but a 110hp TDi

Following Golf logic it should have a red i but doesn't, it's silver. However i have seen 110TDi's (not quatrros) that do have red i's..... mostly i think it's the 130TDi that have them but i do also think it's either random or previous owners trying to fool ya!

Golfs always went 90 & 100hp -silver, 110hp (and i beleive 115) red i, 130hp Red Di and 150hp Red TDi... however my mate has a 100hp with a red Di as he wanted it to look faster...lol

so after reading this strange thread the quattors had the red t and the other didnt and the t makes sod all difference as its the engine code that detemines the difference in cars not the badge.

i may just get a silver t and paint it yellow to get people to ask wtf what car is that lmao

Ive spoke with Christine.Germain@audi.de at the Audi Brussels S.A./N.V plant who build the cars. I asked her about the question of the Red T and Silver T and she is going to put my question forward and reply shortly..Guess we will find out once and for all wont we prawn..lol

Ive spoke with Christine.Germain@audi.de at the Audi Brussels S.A./N.V plant who build the cars. I asked her about the question of the Red T and Silver T and she is going to put my question forward and reply shortly..Guess we will find out once and for all wont we prawn..lol

Erm??? Thats taking it a little far aint it? More to the point, any reply given will be the official Audi reply, and possibly not take into consideration the fact that the dealer could perhaps just do what they wanted when badging.

Lol, this is getting personal,

Get over it, care bears...

Erm??? Thats taking it a little far aint it? More to the point, any reply given will be the official Audi reply, and possibly not take into consideration the fact that the dealer could perhaps just do what they wanted when badging.

Not taking it too far m8ty. Just want a solid answer an not one from "a mate" "my mechanic" "ive heard" "its on a forum"...This way it will be a Actual Fact. This question / debate will run and run and run. Just want to put it to bed what the people who make the cars you drive say should be on it. Simples really.

WOW.
bet she think you have nothing bettter to do in your spare time that compare badges lmao
i wonder if you will actually get a response or not.

WOW.
bet she think you have nothing bettter to do in your spare time that compare badges lmao
i wonder if you will actually get a response or not.

I told her some crap about me owning mine since brandnew and its always serviced at Audi and has been the past 12years and im a loyal customer, blah blah blah..
Hope she does reply, i mean i did that reply in the first place

Also it will give a Proper answer to the OP`s question and give some closer to this post.
:beerchug:

and still it goes on lol lets try and make it the longest thread :)

Who gives a ****

I want a 1.6 badge for mine.