Audi A4 PD 130 Sport Condenser Question

samsam

Reaction score
To replace the rubber seals on the in and out let on the condenser is they another way with out removing from bumper can anybody advise?

Thanks

Sam

Im not sure you will be able to do it easily, its pretty tight where the connections are with the bumper on. Its going to be a lot easier to take the bumper off imo, Can you explain why you are doing this? , This kind of job really does need to be done by someone qualified to work on air con, I just hope you are not planning to use one of those recharge cans diy, not recommended.

Front bumper is easy to take off, agree with Quattro tony if you gonna play have you got the equipment to collect the old refrigerant and to dispose to, get the expects in, far safer and for £70 you get a proper job done

well over the past few week i have slowly finding out why the air con hasnt been working firstly the square clutch plate on the compressor had come off head of the bolt was sheered so managed to get the old bolt out and replace it with a stanless one and has been held on so far but then found out where the condenser connects on the drivers side it had been leaking so i have got new seals £1 for the lot i have had the air con recovered too not that stupid lol i have managed to get the drivers side done with removing the lower grill where luckly it had been leaking out but the other side passenger the connector goes up wards so i think i may need to remove the bumper for that side....

Thanks For The comments People

Sam

Trust me, it will be a struggle with the bumper on, Sorry for the health and safety stuff, you didn't tell us the whole story , There are people out there without a clue and start messing with air con. Did you use pag oil to lubricate the new seal when you put it in? btw how old is your a4?