Audi A4 Tdi 130 sport

nafmughal

Reaction score
Hi Guys :sos:

sorry im a newbie!!

Got a problem with my A4 tdi 130bhp engine code AWX. What is happining is that the car is lacking 130bhp. The car has a chip on it which has been installed by the previous keeper to boost power to 155bhp!!! the car doesn't feel 130bhp never mind 155!!! at the moment the car has the chip still connected, it is a plug in chip from a company called TDI TUNING. the car lacks 130bhp runs fine no smoke, but has hesitation on power has a slight miss on the car aswell. when i put my foot down it feels like a 2 second lack before it picks up power but turbo does kick in. but when i remove the chip, the power 130 bhp is there but only after 2800revs, but it takes ages to pick up the revs to 2800, whilst it is picking up the power it is chucking out black smoke constantly. once the turbo has kicked in the smoke has gone, but when it stationary or when i rev it it chucks out black smoke and when driving until the turbo kicks in it throws out black smoke. i have had diagnostics machine on it, no error codes. could somebody help me as i dont want the chip, i just want the car standard 130 bhp. some ppl have said to me that the injectors are faulty, some say the chip has played games with ECU and you need to take chip off, battery off, and disconnect ECU and leave it overnight and it should reset the car.

:blackrs4:

Ist thing to do is check it with vag-com and see if it has any fault codes. I would also remove the tuning box and try to get it running right first, then re-install the tuning box. You could also check the MAF, unplug it and see if it runs any worse or the same, if its the same then a MAF is needed, GSF car parts do them for about £55 exchange for the bosch units. Also if it has a misfire check the injector wiring loom as it can go faulty and cause a misfire. check some of my posts as I had the same problems..

Cheers

i have changed MAF still same problem as soon as i remove chip thats when it starts to smoke. i have put it on a amchine but no error codes were found. injector wiring loom, where csn this be found? sorry to sound stupid!!! also which are your threads can put some links on here please.

thanks