Are Audi turning down the wick?

manc_s3

Reaction score
My S3 went in for its first service at 9,000 miles recently.
The day it came back I thought it seemed a bit slower.
Over the next couple of days I noted that it felt like there was not quite as much boost and the real shove at 4krpm seemed to be a lot less.

I thought perhaps it was just me and ignored it. I only do a few miles a week, 30 or 40 ish so thought I would give it time. Perhaps the ECU had been re-set.

The following weekend I went for a longer drive, as we were going to see something and the wife was coming along. It was a good B road blat, very quiet roads and mostly NSL. After about 20 miles the wife says "the car seems slow". I had not mentioned it to her before... so I wonder if now they have done something to lower boost or restrict when it comes on full boost at that kick that I used to get at 3.5 to 4k has now gone. It still shifts, but just not quite the same kick.

Thoughts? I know BMW did this with the 135i a few years back after some failures.

Maybe some sort of std software update being applied that has that effect.

Ring audi up & ask them if they applied the new ecu module update. They shouldnt have done it without asking you though

dont know about ECU or DSG updates but it could just feel a little diff if they have used an other oil or over filled it.

This happen to my wifes A4 2.0T SE about a year or so ago, went in for a service and was told it needed a ECU upgrade, just assumed it was normal. Car seemed a little less responsive after but thought nothing of it. Went for a remap a few months later and found it only 200 BHP (220 Standard). I made sure they wrote no ECU upgrade on the last service note.

1st has the car been mapped by you at all or stock settings?

probably trying to map round flat spots and misfires, and put less strain on weak coil packs to reduce warranty claims!

As production ramps up to cope with US, China and India, you can't help but feel quality is dropping off slightly. International scalability is not easy to accommodate into a business model without teething issues creeping into the production and supply chain processes.

How long before a rich Chinese businessman sledgehammers his Lambo???? Oh, he already has!

Can they load the worng software update on your car. No limp mode signs I take it?

As production ramps up to cope with US, China and India, you can't help but feel quality is dropping off slightly.

How long before a rich Chinese businessman sledgehammers his Lambo???? Oh, he already has!

Exactly my sentiments, quality is becoming an issue for audi tbh.

Yeah I watched that, tbh VAG CEO probably thought, his car, his money, he'll be back lmfao.

Reactions: warren_S5
I was gonna buy a gallardo too but that's put me off! Just cancelled my order:laugh: