Paolos Build Thread Finally

haha i know its a pain aint it! love it when its clean, looks rubbish when its grimy... damn winters!

haha yea i only did it like a week ago, and now ive got the intake pipe sat on my room floor as ive just wrapped that as well so now got the fun job of putting that on, need to try and fit my heat shield as well, but dont think ive got the right size spanner doh!

its made a bit of a difference, it idles a bit smoother and after a thrash the needle doesnt dip as much as it used to when pulling up to stop, so hoping that now the intake is done it will improve it more.

haha no chance, after all the grief of trying to find replacement rotors and pads they arnt going anywhere lol

Nice Mods....to start with.... :thumbsup:

haha the scary thing is that really is only a start! got way too many other ideas and bit to do floating around in my head!

As the weather was so nice yesterday thought id get my head back under the bonnet and get my CAI finished off... shinny goodness lol

ff66adcb.jpg

Looking good all round mate. You bought yours about 30 days before I bought mine from An Audi approved set up - also in Phantom Black!

Just wondering, have you gone for the catch can yet? If not, hows the car with all the mods behave? Any residue issues?

Nice one.

cheers mate
its the best colour for them ;)
not yet, its on the shopping list, next thing for the car is new pads and rotors, then a catch can and then dampers, as ive only just got stage 2, there shouldnt be too much damage from not having a catch can, but now im stage 2 its a must, so hopefully within a month or so ill have one fitted, ill prob be going BSH as they are about half the price of the forge unit
how you mean behave with the mods, in which departments? lol

Yeah, BSH price is more affordable, plus you'd have to get the Forge one re-covered to match the rest of your Aladdins Cave / Under Bonnet appearance!

I was just wondering at what point the car starts to chuck out worrying levels of residue back into the system without the catch can and after stage 1. If your running stage 2 with all the other mods adding power, then I'm not too worried yet.

Bonza.

Yeah, BSH price is more affordable, plus you'd have to get the Forge one re-covered to match the rest of your Aladdins Cave / Under Bonnet appearance!

I was just wondering at what point the car starts to chuck out worrying levels of residue back into the system without the catch can and after stage 1. If your running stage 2 with all the other mods adding power, then I'm not too worried yet.

Bonza.

yea its so much more affordable!

well to be fair the fact that it throws any back isnt a good thing for the long term well fare of the engine, ideally you would put one in the day it rolls off the production line. the only reason ive not put one in yet is pure laziness, if you know your going to mod the engine, the sooner it goes in the better. come next pay day that will be the first thing that gets ordered as prevention is better (and a damn sight cheaper) then cure!

Very nice

cheers :)

its good stuff that, has sorted out any slightly erratic idle i had after a thrash lol

so when is she going on the rollers to see what she is making now , i take it your going to wait for the map and everything to settle down first then put it on

the map should be fully adapted by now, should only take 100 or so miles to fully adapt, all things going well it should be on the rollers monday morning, gonna call evolve tomorrow to make sure its ok for me to pop in then as they are technically closed with it being a bank holiday lol

ah right thats not to bad is it , haha a little favour is it dude haha cant wait to see what she is running

haha well he only lives round the corner so he said he didnt mind as it would be first thin in the morning. think hes just as curious as me to see what its making haha

haha fair do's its really handy having a place like that so close no good for your bank balance tho lmao

close.... its not round the corner its 120 mile round trip lol im only up there for a bbq at the gfs parents place lol, but even still they are good at spending my money lol

haha nope, as much as i want to know what it was making doubt i would have gone that far to get it on the rollers
i was chatting to them when i was up there and looks like they will have some interesting parts in development soon, so looks like i could be parting with even more money... doh! lol

Now that I see you've got 360bhp from your CAI, TBE and Stage 2 map, I'm tempted to throw out my wheel plans and focus on power mods. I like the way my car looks right now enough to leave it for a few months without lowering, or 19s.

haha yea, had it on the rollers this morning, was seriously surprised by the torque numbers! the guy that does my tuning had a massive grin as we watched the numbers climb!
yea its all about producing a sleeper, i will change my wheels eventually, but i want to build a very fast and very reliable car before i touch the looks, much the better way to do it!

Reactions: jsws3
Think the actual map, and clutch, will have to wait for a bit too. If I can find a local shop to fix that Milltek, then it's just the springs we need to get rid of ;)

Looks like you'll soon have a "twin", but with a black grill :laugh:

haha the clutch should last a few thousand miles... depends how you drive really, but planting your foot gets a bit addictive
yea it would be good to find someone to take the springs, as the other 2 bits would fit perfectly in my car lol
haha yep a twin at the other end of the country lol

haha thats sort of what i was expecting for the BHP, the the torque that i was shocked at! you wouldnt believe the way it pulls!

haha yea, had it on the rollers this morning, was seriously surprised by the torque numbers! the guy that does my tuning had a massive grin as we watched the numbers climb!
yea its all about producing a sleeper, i will change my wheels eventually, but i want to build a very fast and very reliable car before i touch the looks, much the better way to do it!
:applaus::yes:for someone who lives in a jungle you have a suprisingly large amount of taste mate! lol

Gotta say dude, gonna be a lonnnnnnng while before I com cruising with you or rye lol... With those kinda figures your baby must shhhifffft!:racer: my TT was 335bhp and I thought that was fast, so jeez dude! A question tho.. Once you put all the induction, exhaust etc...... Do you still hear the "death rattle" at around 2k rpm? It must drown it out yer?

Your car looks epic mate! If I get myself an S3 after my TDI in the future I want a fast black one ;)
Keep her tidy!

Thought i would resurrect this thread... not because there is more going on, but the opposite, its time to sell the car and move on to a new toy and project, so time to start stripping parts off the car, starting with the brakes tomorrow morning... its going to be sad and odd!

Thought i would resurrect this thread... not because there is more going on, but the opposite, its time to sell the car and move on to a new toy and project, so time to start stripping parts off the car, starting with the brakes tomorrow morning... its going to be sad and odd!

Hi Paolo,

Sorry to hear that,and hope you've enjoyed it while you had it.

hey Alex

yea have loved having the car, but had it 2 years now and that the longest I've had a car, so getting an itch for a change, know where I'm going... bigger capacity, more cylinders and all the power going to the rear!

hey Alex

yea have loved having the car, but had it 2 years now and that the longest I've had a car, so getting an itch for a change, know where I'm going... bigger capacity, more cylinders and all the power going to the rear!
I think I see what you're after...!

4WD for me.

haha well with that it only really gives you a couple of choices
4WD is amazing and it makes driving very easy, i want something that going to challenge me and something i can learn from... also never had a RWD car before so it has to be done at some point!

ahh i just saw this, sad your selling up as your S3 is a monster! from sitting in it myself and being thrown around the back like a toy i have to say that was some scary power! but going over to the darkside now??? :ninja: