AUTOBAHN TIP

AGU-TURBO

Audi a3 1.8t AGU
Reaction score
Just bought a AUTOBAHN TIP off ebay just wondering if they are any good compare to like the forge one's etc:

KGrHqVg8E2evYihwBNtWoTdDkg0_12.jpg

3inchtip-parts-assembled.jpg

the only diference i can see is the pipe is bigger but it has a adaptor in it that shrinks it again. does this realy make much of a difference or am i missing somthing. lol

Last edited:
The B5 TIP is 3" diameter the whole way through where the standard silicone is only 3" at the airbos end then it tapers down into the turbo end. The B5 allows more air flow because of this.

The Badger TIP wont fit on your car.

The Autobahn ones and the Forge ones both do the same job so either will be an improvement over the stock one :)

Yeh lol i no it won't fit on mine,i didn't honestly think that there would be so much diference between the forge etc to the badger tip as they both shrink, i could understand it, if it was 3' right through.

but hey, ive seen the dyno prints comparing them so it must make all the difference

The B5 TIP tapers down in size only when it hits the alloy adapter that fits on the turbo. The forge/autobahn TIPs aren't 3" in diameter for long before they taper down.

The B5 TIP means that the KO4 turbo doesn't have to work so hard to draw air in and as a result makes more power on less boost as it's able to move air through it easier.

A 3" downpipe also aids breathing for the ko4 big time too.

Hopefully bill will develop on of his TIPs for the k03/k03s too

Hopefully bill will develop on of his TIPs for the k03/k03s too

Not likely :(

The ko3 sits SO much lower than the Ko4 setup does, the gear cables and metal heater pipe are RIGHT in the way, it'd be a mammoth job to do, certainly not a bolt on swap!

I'll be trying to make one for mine at some point, so I'll post my findings when I do

Not likely :(

The ko3 sits SO much lower than the Ko4 setup does, the gear cables and metal heater pipe are RIGHT in the way, it'd be a mammoth job to do, certainly not a bolt on swap!

I'll be trying to make one for mine at some point, so I'll post my findings when I do

It has been done, however the gear cables need to be relocated out of the way which is a bit of an ****.... :-/

I'll buy it off of ya mate as you were the one who outbid me at the end! lol

Unless your gear cables run in the car like Prawns ;)

Doesn't make any difference mate... its the position of the support bracket for the cables on gearbox that get in the way... we had to make a plate on the Lupo to offset the bracket at the right angle to enable all the gears to engage properly... took a couple of attempts to get it in the right place... its not as simple as it sounds, slightly off the right angle etc then it alters the travel of the cables and the ability to select gears...

<tuffty/>

I've got a autobahn tip, was very cheap
Thought id replace the standard with this then save up for a badger 5 tip later down the line

The normal silicone TIPs make a huge improvement over the OE ones, likewise for the 3" TIP but to get the best benefits then I feel that the map should be tweaked to accomodate, as with most mods :).