Split hose from PCV Valve to Inlet manifold, Replacement ideas?

bristolbaron

Reaction score
Hi..

I have been suffering with a struggling boost issue..

I have an A3 8L 1.8t 180BHP Quattro [AJQ engine code]

The car pulls well until around 4-5.5k and then judders, without pulling higher revs.

I've looked into coilpacks and everything seems fine so took a closer look round the bay today.

I found a very split hose which I believe to be:

Block to Intake Manifold Hose - (06A 103 221C)

This runs from a larger diameter T piece, through a PCV Valve (035 103 245A) and up to the Inlet Manifold.

Looking around here and other fourms I can't find anything with the exact part number, but advise for similar issues is to replace the hose with OEM or a Silicone option, or using 19mm oil hose.

I'm not keeping the car long so would rather keep costs down.. If I go for the oil hose option will it matter that it's not shaped? Do I need to make sure the length is identical?

Is all of the above total rubbish and I'm looking at the wrong part?!

Fingers crossed this will solve the issue, if not at least it's another leak removed!

Cheers

Baz

manifoldhose.jpg
manifoldhose.jpg

manifoldhose.jpg
manifoldhose.jpg

i had the same problem with the split hose on the same engine code but it wasnt giving me any real driving problems, just made the car idle pretty poorly. ive just used a length of silicone to replace it with no problems at all. have you checked the pipe coming from the top boost pipe (the first pipe that comes from the turbo at the back of the engine) to your diverter valve? that had split on the under side on mine which was giving me a massive drop in power higher up the revs.

Took a look at that hide and around he rest if the bay.. Can't see any other obvious splits..

Will go for silicone as you have, or oil hose if I can find it.

Any other possible causes for top end hesitation - I thought I cracked it!

hmm dodjy n75 valve maybe? maf could be a possibility i guess? unplug the maf and take it for a spin if it seems better than thats the prob but to be honest it doesnt sound like a maf problem. id more than happily lend you my known working maf and n75 if you wanted to try them out? im in bristol too

I have both of those on my list of potentials now!!

Would be great to arrange something if possible if i cant get an answer from the MAF - will send you a pm..