S3 sportback with buckets

Virdee

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone on here who can answer my question

Debating on whether to go for buckets in my new S3 SB, and wanted to know how much rear leg room is sacrificed with the buckets

is it a great amount over the normal S3 seats, or bearable. Could small adults sit in the back in comfort?

Really want them, but the car will be used 4 up most of the time, so this is a real deciding factor

Otherwise I'll just stick to the normal S3 seats and save myself £2k!

Thanks in advance!

I haven't actually sat in the back so can't answer that, but on looks factor and feel buy buy buy with buckets! They are stunning!!!

That side of it's already sorted. Heart says go for it without a doubt!

Head says please check the rear leg room before purchase and don't waste £2k!

Lol, debatable! Good thinking though! ;)

deffinatly buckets only thing i regret not getting on mine

Got them in my SB and the wee fella (2yrs) can comfortably sit in the back and not scuff the rear black gloss of the passenger seat.....if he could the he might have to go before the buckets...that is how superior they are :happy:

S3 BUH if you don't mind me asking - why didn't you originally decide to opt for them?

And Elton, do you have any pics of convince of the seats and/or rear leg room. TIA

Its all about the buckets...;)

No problems in my mine, they are sexy from the back as well :laugh:

DSC07569.jpg

:wub: you HAVE to get buckets man HAVE to

Worst thing is they'll be the icing on the cake in my instance

N8 are the front seats quite far back in tha pic. It looks it, or is it just me?

I hope this helps! Ask yourself.... Will you ever be sat in the back? If the answer is no, then buckets it is! If the answer is yes, then I suggest you STOP doggin fella!

well ive been in the back of mine as i carnt drive at the moment its a 2 door not a sb and i think there plenty room in the back so sb sld have more

I think I prefer buckets in sportbacks, they remind me of mini RS4 avants

The only bad things about the buckets are the quality of leather on the bolsters and the fact that they don't slide forward on the rails when getting in the back of a two door. The latter of which obviously isn't a concern for you.

I honestly think that the hard backs will make minimal difference to leg room but I think they would scratch easily with regular rear seat passengers - may be a consideration.

Honestly....they prob take up an extra inch but that it...

Buckets, nav, piano black inlays and flat bottom steering wheel really make the cabin look special imo...just seems to work

Get them Hyacinth buckets! you will only regret it if u dont:drag:

bucket.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I think you guys have convinced me s

It's just a shame that you have to pay another £2k to have them in any other colour apart from black! Arghhhh!

You can just get them wrapped. Guy on here did some on a White s3 looks amazing and flawless work!!

I didn't mean the backs. I meant the actual leather on the seats.

I didn't mean the backs. I meant the actual leather on the seats.

i don't own buckets but some members have said that the quality of the leather on them leaves something to be desired anyway. you can get a retrim from soewhere like MJ Interiors for less money than an Audi Exlusive interior, you'll get exactly the colour you want ad the quality will be higher. just something to think about

S3 BUH if you don't mind me asking - why didn't you originally decide to opt for them?

And Elton, do you have any pics of convince of the seats and/or rear leg room. TIA

when i transfer into the car from my wheelchair its such a faf with getting past the side support and getting over the bottom seat support but when i was in there there just so superior the support is great just could deal with hasle of them for me personaly on a daily basis.

OK another Q

AFAIK the buckets come in black leather with WHITE stitching. Does the White stitching carry over onto the rear seats? And the door panel inserts are just plain black leather, right(?)

DSCF2406.jpg

The leather looks way darker in real life and after 35K mine are still almost perfect condition and i never really feed them or anything...they are soooo comfy:yes:

Looks White/silver to me

Have a look in the above pic where the backrest bolster is at it's peak towards the bottom of the pic

Does this carry on to the rear bench?

I think I'm getting over excited having looked into more pics on the web

It seems the B7 RS4 had silver stitching to them. S3 ones seem to be black/dark grey. Would be great if someone could confirm who has buckets.

I've not got buckets but there's plenty of room in the back behind my S5 seats so I don't think you'll have any issues at all.

Stitching is normal dark grey-definitely not white.I have a 2008 S3 Limited Edition[in Australia]and they came with the buckets as standard.
Plenty of leg room in the back,and mine's a 2 door.Great seats.

Yes, just checked, all s3 buckets and rear seat stiching is dark grey/light black as above...

Recaro's CS seat has a far slimmer profile than than that of the OEM bucket seats, maybe look into those as they look like they will increase leg room for rear passengers over the OEM S3 seat or OEM S3 bucket

CS in an S3

IMG_1557-1.jpg

Just shame they ain't got the same seat adjustment and you lose the heated, unless you are investing in new plugs and elements - £300

Ok - now I LOVE my buckets - but to answer the OP's question ;)

I have two little ones - a 5yr old and a 3 yr old. They come out in the S3 infrequently to be honest.

There are a couple of things to consider. The seat backs WILL get scratched with the little ones kicking the back of them, but it's liveable :)

Also it is quite clostraphobic in the back. My two dont really like it in the back, tinted windows, black headlining and big winged buckets don't leave much room for light or for little ones to be nosey.

Don't get me wrong I'd still spec them again as my two are not in the S3 much, but if it was a daily family wagon I'd have Probably have saved myself £2k