Twin pipes and new lower valance

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Thank you all that gave advice on this job.
Very happy with the outcome.
Got dragged into painting the kitchen this morning, but as soon as the last drop of paint was on the wall. I was off like a shot. Mrs can clean up the paint.

So here is the handy work.

Before. Very plain, uber boring.
26032011359.jpg

After, slightly less plain. Still pretty boring.
27032011360.jpg

27032011361.jpg

Much better! I always imagined your car being black lol.

Are they welded tips and what size? I really must pull my finger out and find a new valance for mine.

I like alot, and a massive difference.

Thank you lads!
They're actually E-Tech bolt on tips. Got them from passionauto. £48 posted. Really good quality with tiny lips inside, make them look abit more genuine.
If anyone needs a link let me know.
I'll get them welded on when I get a chance. When I do, I'll have them abit further out.

The trouble is to get them sitting right, to far out and you will have people smashing there shins on them.

Very true, I didn't want them out too far, looks abit more oem now.

Post up a side shot of the rear bumper.

I'd be interested to see the link please. I take it they fit over the downward swoop of the TDi pipes ok without obstructing them?

Looking good! with the wind in the right direction i should have all my bumper parts in place by the end of the week and then off to the body shop for paint then my local performance place for a custom built s/s make up, i can't wait!!

Yeh, I had to cut them down to the first bit of the straight. If that makes sense.

Could someone confirm my car is dolphin grey?

BlackQuat You have got my uncles old car, nice to see it still on the road, where did you get it from if you dont mind me asking as i know he traded it in for a Land Rover 2yrs ago in kendal..

I'm using my phone so its a bit hard to tell for sure, but it certainly looks like Dolphin Grey to me!

BlackQuat You have got my uncles old car, nice to see it still on the road, where did you get it from if you dont mind me asking as i know he traded it in for a Land Rover 2yrs ago in kendal..
Small world!
I bought it December 2009 from Rogers of Brock near preston. Sounds like the next owner from your Uncle didn't keep it long.
Would you ask him if theres any history I should know about? Any majour work whilst he had it?
Let him know it's being looked after, been treated to a audi cambelt recently too.

It is a small world, he bought it from the audi garage just outside of grange over sands, Lindale Audi i think its called, any work he had done was done there. I will ask him tomorrow what work he had done, i think most things were kept up to date so you should be ok, you'll be glad to know he know wishes he never got rid of it, the land rover didn't last very long got him through the bad winter and that was it..

It is a small world, he bought it from the audi garage just outside of grange over sands, Lindale Audi i think its called, any work he had done was done there. I will ask him tomorrow what work he had done, i think most things were kept up to date so you should be ok, you'll be glad to know he know wishes he never got rid of it, the land rover didn't last very long got him through the bad winter and that was it..
It goes to that Audi garage still. They did the cambelt on it.
Let him know it's being cared for. Does he by any chance live outisde Morecambe?

One of the guys there is a friend of the family he found the car for my uncle. He lives just outside grange in Allithwaite, he might want it back off you now haha..