Milltek Exhaust

gareth_oau

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just lashed out and purchased myself a B7 RS4, to sit in the garage next to my S3.

One of the first things I plan to do (immediately) is upgrade the exhaust.

I'd love a tubi or MTM, but they are both a bit pricey, so will probably choose a Milltek.

Can you recommend any suppliers in the UK (for supply only, dont need instal), thats are probably ok for export

Cheers

pick it up tomorrow, so once I wash the S3 will post some pics of them together

Cecil, the reason I am looking overseas is that costs in Australia are ludicrously expensive.

To give you an example, I can airfreight 4 tyres ex US, delivered to my front door for half the retail price in Oz.

An RS4 would sell in the UK currently for around £25k, whereas I just paid £68k

Hi gareth, I just bought a Milltek from Badger 5. He's a registered dealer so I'm sure he could sort you out.

pick it up tomorrow, so once I wash the S3 will post some pics of them together

Cecil, the reason I am looking overseas is that costs in Australia are ludicrously expensive.

To give you an example, I can airfreight 4 tyres ex US, delivered to my front door for half the retail price in Oz.

An RS4 would sell in the UK currently for around £25k, whereas I just paid £68k

Youve just paid 68k for rs4??? and your hunting round for a cheaper dealer for exhausts....lol... would in not have been cheaper to import the car?

S3 dave, the aussie government, in the pockets of local car suppliers have that covered as well. its illegal to import a car into Australia unless you are a dealer, or unless you have privately owned the car yourself whilst living overseas for at least 12 months.

Theres little money left in the budget now, so have to be a bit clever on where its spent.

My plans are for exhaust, short shifter and a reflash, then possibly some lower suspension.

Cheers Andy, will give them a look!

well, the Milltek arrived ex UK on Thursday last week and was fitted Friday.

So far Ibe purchased some private plates, installed a JHM shortshifter and the catback Milltek.

some pics:

IMG-20110423-00022.jpg

IMG-20110423-00021.jpg

and a before and after clip of the exhaust:

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice motor you have there! however, 68k for an rs4, i think you have too much money! :)

You could have bought me one aswell if you were over here at that price! lol

It's gotta be 68k AUD :) Cars are much more expensive here as the 2nd hand market is nowhere near that of the UK. I bought an 02 S3 here with 100k km on it for $18k AUD but of course with the exchange rate at what it is now (1.5AUD to 1GBP) that's about 11/12k GBP. 4 years ago when I first arrived over it would have been just 7k GBP!

Driving here is much more expensive (other than fuel prices), fees with licensing, registration etc are way more. For example to transfer a registration (V5 essentially) will cost you around $100 + 3% of the sale price. In my case it cost me around $700 in fees just to change it to my name, in the UK that's free!

Im a member on there with the same name but don't post so much. There was a Sydney dyno day on there recently but I needed to service the car really before thrashing it. It's all good now. I got my Haldex blue controller from there too.

Oh, well 110k is still good for an RS4! (awesome btw) - I was just pointing out that the exchange rate really makes no difference as to us, it still takes the same amount of beer money out of our pay packets!

Going to look at getting a Miltek for mine eventually...

I've got the APR full exhaust on my S3, but that would work our a lot more than importing a Milltek