ASN's Pub

I'm so bored of football these days. I used to watch everything, but over the years I've just lost interest. There's many other sports I'd rather watch....such as topless darts.

I'm so bored of football these days. I used to watch everything, but over the years I've just lost interest. There's many other sports I'd rather watch....such as topless darts.

I'll watch tonight but I've lost all interest in England. From world cup 98 till euro 2008 I used to wear the latest England shirt and go down the pub with a st George flag and really get into it but now I'm just used to the disappointment so don't bother.

Exactly THIS

And you still follow arsenal....

Know what you mean though it does get tiring watching them fail year upon year, and there is no sign of that changing anytime soon... but still love the hype of world cups and its always good beer time....

Just think yourselves lucky that you actually qualify for tournaments.
Supporting Scotlands not been easy since the 70's.
The big difference I notice though is, England Expects, Scotland Expects to get beat.
I'll be happy when we're back in the top 50 FIFA rankings, theirs teams above us I couldn't even find on a map. Lol.
Still you can't beat a game against the Auld Enemy, you were lucky last time.

Oh yeah, we certainly enjoy ourselves.
I think that's down to the fact that we don't really expect to win. It's nice but not a definite.
They seem to be getting better recently though, just lack consistancey.

Yep and the fact that we can get leathered and have a laugh when we lose. I think all fans should learn from us......wear a skirt, get bladdered when we lose, have a laugh.......simples!!!

Reactions: S3-Sandy
good evening boyz and girlz.....
how is everybody hanging?
it's been a hectic couple of weeks at work lately! who said there was a recession?
not the case at all!
business is at an all time high so must not grumble!
any who, just preordered GTA5 and have next week off, so the later part should be entertaining!
not really touched my PS3 for ages, but as the nights are drawing in, i can safely say it is playstation season again!
should be fun!
football................................well, i lost all interest in that at about 9! so could not give a monkeys really except the world cup, as that is really what football should be like! the best of the best with no silly business like falling over and fake injuries etc!
been a bit quiet in here of late!
has everybody been out chopping wood for the fires? because my word it is cold now.... and dark!
i leave the house in the morning and it is dark, i return on the evening and it is dark...
god i miss the summer already! it was a good one this year thank feck!

Evening all,

I'm volunteering at the local adult community college and I've just got back from my first session in a classroom...

Hate these dark, wet, cold mornings and it's not even that dark, wet, or cold yet

Been spending my evenings scraping wallpaper off of the walls in our lounge which is the biggest room in the house. Not even half way round yet, it's a beast.

Hate these dark, wet, cold mornings and it's not even that dark, wet, or cold yet

Been spending my evenings scraping wallpaper off of the walls in our lounge which is the biggest room in the house. Not even half way round yet, it's a beast.

That's what you get for living in a castle sir westalot. 🇬🇧🏰

Reactions: jojo and Jason.s
Get one of those steam wallpaper strippers fred!
There the muts!
I borrowed my mates, but i am sure you can hire them!
There awesome

Shove the tumble dryer in the room you want to strip the walls from if you cba to buy a wall paper stripper or rent one

+1 makes it a million times easier if you're not already using one - wouldn't try stripping the walls without one personally.

Agreed +1 on the steamer.

Just bought our house last year and the couple before us seemed to have a fetish for woodchip wallpaper.
God knows why, damn you 70's decor. Artex ceilings and woodchip walls. Far out man!!

would not have been able to remove it without the steamer, that stuff sets like cement.
Ended up stanley blading it then steaming the rest off. Had to get some replastered though.

Just like Chez am well looking forward to GTA, hopefully it will keep me busy till Nov when the One comes out.
Week off work for that, Battlefield fest. Get some.

Reactions: CHEZ
Ended up stanley blading it then steaming the rest off. Had to get some replastered though.

Was just going to say about this - I'd only use a steamer if you're confident on the plaster behind it... blown plaster isn't fun and can work out expensive to sort out. I had that problem when I decorated my kitchen.

I have to scrape the wallpaper off a feature wall in my new house! Some people have some really rum ideas when it comes to decorating!

Whooo hoooooooooo it's Friday

Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?

The highlight of my weekend will be getting my birthday present fitted to my car tomorrow....a new fuel pump! lol

Reactions: Nicki
Was gonna go to see family this weekend, but my travel companion's car failed its MOT so the trip had been postponed for a week so he can spend tomorrow getting his car sorted.

However, this means I can go with my Dad to the Corvette Nationals tomorrow instead (my Mum doesnt want to go both days and the ticket is for the whole weekend, so would be rude not to!) Means an early morning tomorrow, but I'll get a lay in on Sunday, so its not all bad.

Morning people!
Nicki take a few pics of the corvettes I like them.

Staying in Nottingham for a few days.
Up early today. Going to Honda to pick up a few gaskets and help my friend fit an exhaust to his s2000.

Hope the weather holds up though!

Reactions: Nicki
Good weather all round I hope.
I just put out some washing, bout to head off for some paintballing then I got to try and fit some touran electric windows into a Caddy.

Wedding for me today...Yay.
Should always try and opt in for the night doo **** the wedding... unless its you that is getting married of course...

Just stripped Karls old block ready for the re-bore Monday, his block must have had oil leaks from new, I have degreased it, and it is as good as new with the original black enamel all intact...wonderfully preserved...

:sign_pics:

Busy day of wallpaper stripping today. Now going to sit down and stick the channel 5 boxing on.

I've got a wedding tomorrow which should be interesting! Weather forecast isn't looking too clever.

That what your mrs uses when you`re away with work and i cant get round?

Reactions: CHEZ
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…