Dump Valve Fitting????

dannyh

Nogaro S3
Reaction score
A Friend of mine has a Baily Dumpvalve, Will it fit my 1.8T (150), My engine bay is standard, is it a simple swap for the OME valve????

u dont have a dump valve as standard. you have a diverter valve. it recirculates air rather than dumping it.

These engines dont like dumps and can cause all sorts of problems.

if yours is broken get a new oem one or a forge 007p like most on there. otherwise leave it mate.

^^ Agree with that, if your after the noise you can replace your airfilter with a panel one/induction kit which will make the noise a bit louder. The bailey unit may fit but i wouldn't personally even consider putting it on my car.

Agree again...I have a 007p fitted with panel filter (rather loud) and my mate had a Forge Split-R which re-circs just enough air to stop the engine going into limp mode but still get a slight atmospheric dump maybe have a look into one of them if its the tishh you are after.

just leave it then if u dont wanna spend on it. theres also no reason to mess it up for the next owner.

causes the air to go back through the turbo trying to make it turn backwards.

imagine a sealed fan in a pipe spinning at 20,000 rpm then blasting air at it at a very high pressure and speed. the fan will stutter trying to turn the other way around and could cause it to break.

seeing how most of our cars are over 10 years old on the original turbo its not advised for that reason especially.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a bailys dump valve mate, i neva had no problems with mine and it sounded awsome.. But i would agree that it does make your car more sluggish.. You probly wouldnt notice with a swap from standard dv but get a 007p and an induction kit and it will have plenty of woosh n turbo spool :)

Had a bailys dump valve mate, i neva had no problems with mine and it sounded awsome.. But i would agree that it does make your car more sluggish.. You probly wouldnt notice with a swap from standard dv but get a 007p and an induction kit and it will have plenty of woosh n turbo spool :)

id put money on him just reading the first sentence there and ignoring all other advise lol

id put money on him just reading the first sentence there and ignoring all other advise lol

haha probley not mate but atleast i took the advice and am much happier for it lol.

haha probley not mate but atleast i took the advice and am much happier for it lol.
Ha Ha Ha correct lol......
it looks like the OME valve has a pipe to the bottom, one from the side and a small one from the top, the dump valve only has a hole at the bottom and a small hone at the top, not the side???? what happens to this,?????????

thats where it would normally recirculate. youll have to block it off.

it appears you can buy the blanking bungs on ebay. just need to measure the pipes internal diameter and buy a suitable one.

some are as much as £25.

i still wouldnt bother and just get a recirc mate.

borrow a filter from someone and see how that sounds.

I dont think it will damage the turbo, the valve still relieves the back pressure in the charge pipe.

What it will do though is screw up you fueling as you will effectively have a boost leak meaning that whilst its dumping air your engine will run rich.

Considering
you are going to sell up
and you dont want to spend money on the car
and its going to be a pain in the **** because you have to block off the reciruclated air feed pipe
and its going to screw up the ECU/Fuleing magic

then i would suggest you leave it alone.....

But each to their own

The new owner of the car is only going to have to fix what the previous owner did in order to get the Fast and Furious Wooooosh

Has any one actually had these experiences or is it all just theory and word of mouth,
It seem like everyone gets the P007 because other people have it…. like sheep,

Putting aside the Chavvy aspect has anyone had a dump valve and experienced problems????

Has any one actually had these experiences or is it all just theory and word of mouth,

Putting aside the Chavvy aspect has anyone had a dump valve and experienced problems????

my mate did on his mk4 golf. it made the car slower and laggy.

the noise is great and can be acheived with a good induction kit and a 007p or any other diverter valve (recirc).

oh your engine management light may come on also since the metered air has disappeared, hence running rich spoiling your MPG and performance

Hi mate and also yes. Read the thread cookstein sent because its about my car and what a car she is lol
Oh and i had a bailys atmospheric that just had the 25mm hole that goes into the boost side, with a small nipple on the top where the suction hose that keeps it closed during idle, and small slits around the sides for the blow off noise. I was running rich and sumtyms the valve wouldnt close under acceleration so itd just be dumping air which aint gonna be a good thing lol