Project 'B is for Baller'

2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport.

Bought it completely standard, low mileage, full leather, good condition, Full Audi history etc etc.

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

I had a few ideas in my head, but nothing set in stone. All I knew was that I HATED the rear bumper, so that was the first thing to change. I used to have this one...

DSC_0016.jpg

So I hunted down a 2010 rear bumper, smoothed out the parking sensors and fitted. :)

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

I used TruePaintworks for the bodywork, Timmy is a good mate of mine and his work is immense as youll know from seeing C4RBD and other various cars out there. I had the bumper all done, and the complete passenger side was sprayed as there were a couple of marks I wasnt happy with, most of them not visable to the human eye. :p

Obviously I wanted lows, but didnt know which coilovers to go for, luckily a set came up in the sale section, which had already had custom rear springs made by MerseySpeed for extra lows. :)

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Didnt have time or motivation to fit them though, so they got chucked in the shed, with a few other bits id bought.
Rare 19" A5 Sline Splits.

IMG_0537.jpg

Sline front bumper.

IMG_0485.jpg

The plans are to smooth the toeing eye off the front bumper and maybe change something else slightly.

The splits aint going on anymore and ive decided to sell.

So it sat like this for a month or so...

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

Until I got my hands on a nice set of winter wheels.

The tyres arnt perfect and will be being change very soon.

The coilovers went on, the same night.

IMG_0560.jpg

and after a clean and some tweaking...

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

The car goes back into the bodyshop tommorow, for the front bumper to be fitted, and front end respray. A few other little touches too, but nothing major.

The new tyres are on order, so once they are on, I can go down abit more, particularly at the front.

The sill line shows it isnt reverse raking, but the arch line gives the impression it is... until the new tyres arrive!

Thanks for reading, all comments welcome. :)

The car went into True Paintworks for a 2008 Sline front end. (My favourite A3 front!)

I then spent £200 on 2 grills and 2 fogs.

Had a blowout on one of the wheels, my mate had gone on holiday to Dominican and left the locking wheel nut key in his garage.
So... Another 2 weeks without driving it.

Had new tyres fitted all round yesterday, as the others were HUAGE! Gone for 215 35s, and they look loads better.

Im not crazy about the stance now though, made me realise I need more lows up front.

So, I think itll be going into Plush HQ soon for shavved hubs. I need to get it down, and staticly. :p

a3snow.jpg

a3snoww.jpg

Wheels are being painted silver again tomorrow by my mobile sprayer next door. :p Just to get them mint.

ALL comments welcome.

Nothings happened this week.

Got a part on order which will clean up the front end.

The wheels are on ebay, and a sale is looking likely.

I need 19's really.

a3snowww.jpg

CRAP weather. :( I hate it.

Couple of pictures for you.

Needs a full day spending on it tomorrow, clay bar, polish and wax.

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

It's probably too high for some peoples tastes, but thats tough. Im a happy man. :)

Nice daily coilover stance I reckon? :D

Cheers to Greenson for the pics.

stance is bang on mate!!
the wheels, oddly look better on an A3 then they do on a Bentley!
what was the goodies in the brembo box?

Excellent looking mate, are your splits for sale or winter wheels?

ps facelift rear lights have to be next lol

nice car - a bit too low for me too, but you made the right choice with the S-Line front.

keep us posted :icon_thumright:

aythreee your sig has grown! still no idea what your car looks like tho?

aythreee your sig has grown! still no idea what your car looks like tho?

Hahaha! Yep, thought I'd give you lot a bit of a history lesson.

My car.... looks a lot like yours. Just a different colour. With less nice bumpers. Got my eyes open for a couple of s-line ones though.

Hmmmm... is that allowed? I'm not sure anymore. :happy:

Come to think of it, I've still no idea what your car looks like either.

young dan your car is awesome looking mate those bentley wheels are spot on matey as said you need some facelift rear lights and a rear spoiler in your life lol , ps how is the ride with it being that low im looking to lower mine this year sometime

young dan your car is awesome looking mate those bentley wheels are spot on matey as said you need some facelift rear lights and a rear spoiler in your life lol , ps how is the ride with it being that low im looking to lower mine this year sometime

+1

db80126c.jpg

Going to dewiper this weekend!

Still need another 10mm lower at the front, so trying different top mounts too.

Will never be putting a spoiler on, but I will be putting facelift rears on.

:)

Going to dewiper this weekend!

Still need another 10mm lower at the front, so trying different top mounts too.

Will never be putting a spoiler on, but I will be putting facelift rears on.

:)

Think the spoiler would ruin the look your going for.
dewiped rear and MY09 lights would be a nice finish look nice and smooth lol

keep coming back to look at this, completely agree on the no spoiler, de-wiper, facelift rears and some S3 skirts and its job done for me! So nice on those rims mate!

So what about these splits? Selling them?

Bought some Genuine Mats today! :)

Fitted new plates at the weekend.

Bought a US filler plate for the front.

Added a second set of locking wheel nuts on the hoops!

LOVING it at the mo! :D