Interior Creaking Drivers side BAM 225

LD3

Reaction score
Had creaking on the drivers side sounded like the A pillar behind the trim area and also had a poorly fitted window screen when I bought it.

It creaks over slightest bumps in road but is not suspension as I had that all checked over.

Got a new screen done properly yesterday yet the creaking is still there!! I'm beginning to think it might be the dash or maybe the wing mirror housing?

Anybody had similar issues any screws near dash I should be checking etc.?

Any help much appreciated!

No-door doesn't drop too my knowledge seems to open and close fine..

Ok mate will try this tommorrow. The hinges look like they have both been sprayed after its service it received before I bought it..

sadly these piles are that old now the creaks are normal :)

although i did spend half hour last week with my glovebox off tie wrapping my bluetooth 'brain' up as it was rattling, next weekend the panel beneath the steering column is coming off to check for anything else that can creak

Yeah it is annoying the hell out of me though and my R32 was quite smooth when I had her would have thought an S3 would be just as squeak free! Looks like a long day tommorrow!

one of those things matey....i would imagine the R32 would have been smoother in how the power is delivered with it being none turbo, therefore putting less stress on parts - thats what id assume

Theres quite a large bolt head that is visable near the lock mechanism on the door. Check it, but don't over tighten.

I got rid of anoying squeek that my car had - turned out to be the seat hinge. Everytime you hit a speed-bump something would squeek, it was difficult to pinpoint what caused it until the missus ended up sitting in the back and pointed in the general direction of where the noise was coming from.

A little spray grease directed at the hinge point when the seat is leaning forward and the squeek has gone (for now anyway, it's only been a few weeks). Don't discount where the noise is coming from, I thought it was from the rear door card originally :think: