Recon Brembos... DIY?

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Basicaly im looking to freshen up my Brembo calipers. i hoped it was just the laqure but after rinsing them with a jet was i noticed a section of the red paint has come off. So now i need to sort the red , Re aply stickers ( i know these are normaly stenciled on ) and then laqure them, A mate in the body trade said areosol spray is no good as its solvent based and most wheel cleaners would slowly dilute the paint. ??
Ive been looking at plasticoat enamel and then their clear coat laqure...
What have people done ?
I havent realy left myself enough time to have them fully stripped and recon'd by a company but im more than willing to do the graft myself.
I want the car to look good and fresh for Audi driver international.

I used Smoothrite Satin on mine, done the rears ages ago and recently done my AP's on the front... still looks as good as the day I put it on (rears) and I use Megs wheel brightener to clean the wheels

<tuffty/>

Ive redone a front set of R32s, had the blue shot blasted off and repowder coated in red and they do look mint, it was about £50 but to re do them yourself you would spend loads on stuff like nitromorse etc

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0256.jpg

Its the fact i want to keep them looking as they do but alot fresher.
So i need to reaply the "brembo" logo .
Ive looked at both a sticker then laquar the whole caliper OR trying to have a stencil made to spray the logo on in white.

whats wrong with hammerite? if done properly it will outlast any spray

My car has brembo callipers so have a smooth finish ( or did have )