Tyre sizes?

grantyboy83

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the website and this is my first post so bear with me

Just purchased a set of BBS speedlines for my 08 plate S3. Was wondering if anyone had some input as to which tyre size I should be looking at? Also if there will be any problems with fitment to the car? The rim sizes are 19" x 8.5 ET48 front and 19" x 9 ET52 rear

Any help would be greatly appreciated:huh:

Many thanks

Grant

im geussing youre lowered or have plans for it, in which case you need 215's rather than 225 to help avvoid rubbing

Coilovers are next on my list mate. Will a 225 go on that size of rim especially the rears? That's my only concern

Thanks for your help

at an et of 48 to 52, 225 tyres should fit easily without rubbing.

i had an et46 with 235/40/18 and that didnt rub at the rear

Hi everyone,

Just purchased a set of BBS speedlines for my 08 plate S3. Was wondering if anyone had some input as to which tyre size I should be looking at? Also if there will be any problems with fitment to the car? The rim sizes are 19" x 8.5 ET48 front and 19" x 9 ET52 rear

Many thanks

Grant

Whate3ver you do tell your Insurance Company what you are planning, some companies will be OK others will NOT cover you. If you don't advise your Insurer and have a problem your cover is invalid.

Good Luck

Hi everyone,

Many thanks

Grant

Those are great ET's mate, I think you can get away with fitting 245 35 19's in the rear and probably 235's on the front if not the 245's. I say this coz I'm running 235's on 19's all round with ET 43's. If I had your ET's I would have gone 245's. But before you shell out on new tyres, I would suggest you try used tyres to test the above. Fit the 52 ET's with 245 35 19's to the fronts and test with full lock over bumps etc then move them to the back and test again over bumps etc with some 'heavy set' passengers and check for rubbing. I must admit I had to file my rear liner screw a little bit to stop rubbing on mine but that's coz of my 43 ET. Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Surely the point of a forum member asking for advice is to give him a wide range of it for him to make his own informed decision as opposed to ramming one opinion down his throat?

Surely the point of a forum member asking for advice is to give him a wide range of it for him to make his own informed decision as opposed to ramming one opinion down his throat?

No offence mate but N8 probably knows better than you do.

No offence mate but N8 probably knows better than you do.

None taken mate! You are probably right but there's nothing wrong with thinking a little outside the box..

If it does not work he can always say he told him so..

Not ramming anything done anyones throat, giving the guy a solution, as he bought the wheels from me, and I know one or 2 things about wheels and tyre sizes.

22's will give you the least hassle otherwise youre looking at spacers etc to fit the different rubber

Don't get me wrong guys, I do not deny the fact that there are definitely members on here who know a lot more than others on here, granted you advised the member in question what tyres to fit as you sold him the alloys but the member still posted a thread about asking for advise anyway.

I was also told it was impossible to fit 235's on a SB running ET 43 19" alloys, was told to fit 215's.
I have not had a problem for the last 6 months of fitting them, and this was my own decision after trying different sizes myself, and this was before I knew this forum existed for things like these!

Lmao, nice one Phil!! :sly:

I was also told it was impossible to fit 235's on a SB running ET 43 19" alloys, was told to fit 215's. I have not had a problem for the last 6 months of fitting them

Of course 235s will fit, if you slammed it, they will rub like f**k, all depends on offsets/sizes etc, lots of factors come into play. But taking on board he wants to lower his car 40mm, 245s will rub like f**k, thats not an opinion Dean, thats coming from the school I attended:

The school of FACT.

:ninja::ninja::laugh::laugh:

Hi everyone,

Many thanks

Grant

So you discussed all that with this member, so begs the question, what's the above post all about??? :think:

Obviously something is being missed here!

Anyway I've had a hard weeks work and mods, off to get pi$$ed! :beerchug: :undwech:

Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated.

Just to give u and update, I went with N8's advice and bought myself 4 Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 225/35 R19. I'm offshore at the moment but got it booked it to get them fitted on Friday. I still have standard suspension but am mulling over the idea of coilovers of lowering-depending on how it's sits after the wheels are fitted. I'll let u know how I get on.

Thanks again lads for the help and cheers N8 for the rims. They arrived at my bros and he says they're mint!! Can't wait to get them on

Cheers

So what's the verdict. I've got a 54 plate. With -50mm kit. I'm planning on 18" with same stats.