brembos - esp & abs

Dane

Had an 8L S3, a B5 RS4 now I have a B8 S4
Reaction score
Mornin'!

As a bit of the spur of the moment impulse buy, I brought the brembos that Jojo had for sale, Baragin!:yes:

As it was an impulse buy I didnt have much cash left after to pay for them to be fitted so a friend and I went down to the garge where he works and borrowed a ramp for a few hours. All went ok with a few fiddily bits, but now the esp and abs lights are on with the brake pad orange warning and a single beep when starting up the car. I can't scan it till tomorrow evening (need to get my own vagcom I think) but does anyone have any ideas? Does it just the need the fault codes clearing or have I ******** it? We put the replacement loop for the pad wear sensor on the passanger side, so I must of missed something/damaged something! In a bit of an 'all the gear no idea' situation so if any one has any suggestions it would be brilliant!

Cheers chaps

To be clear, because occasionly posts get misinterpretted, I dont think there is a problem with anything of the kit that Jojo sold me, just my methods lol.

Cheers for the good deal Joe!:thumbsup:

Brake pad warning is pretty common. I see you put the loop in to replace this, but if the beep is coming on, it must not be completing the circuit correctly.

Normally, I use the wear sensor of the old pad and solder the wires together to make sure it has a good connection before heat shrinking over the top.

I would check the wires and/or the plug itself is on properly.

VAG COM is needed really to diagnose the lights....

Hey Dane, you managed to get it all fitted then?

Re: the brake pad sensor Dane, I would unplug it, spray some WD40 on the connector if you didn't do it, and push and pull the connector a few times before clipping it back in. Common problem with these.

Can't answer your esp/abs query though, hope it's nothing serious.

Cheers Welly, I will post the codes when i get them and whether they clear etc.

Is there just the one pad wear sensor? The loop looks to be just as you described, but would you expect the loop to throw up a code to begin with? Ill have a look at it never the less and see if its found its way loose.

Does the ABS light usually come on when the brake pad wear sensor is triggered?

sorry for the mountain of questions!

Hey Dane, you managed to get it all fitted then?

Re: the brake pad sensor Dane, I would unplug it, spray some WD40 on the connector if you didn't do it, and push and pull the connector a few times before clipping it back in. Common problem with these.

Can't answer your esp/abs query though, hope it's nothing serious.

Cheers Joe, yep we got there in the end I was just being a bit over cautious I think lol.

Ill have a play with the sensor and see if I can get it working. I have two ongoing lists now, Things to fix and things to mod lol!

Pad wear sensors shouldnt bring on the ABS light...

I didnt think so, Ill check the fuses maybe we some how shorted something out, wont know whats actually going on till it's scanned i guess.:(

Nope Pad wear sensors won't bring on the ABS light. Have a look at the ABS sensors and their wiring behind the brake discs on the back of the hub. Probably either knocked one of them askew, or maybe (hopefully not!) damaged the wiring to one of them.

Cheers,

LLlaaammeee, cheers chaps i shall look at that too. Is that likely to throw the esp light on too?

Every days a school day.:thumbsup:

I'll get it on a scanner and post the results. Cheers for your help

Last edited: