Wipers moving when car is OFF!

will-i-a-m

Reaction score
Hi

I have had my car around 3 months now from new, and i keep coming back to my car and the wipers are half way up the wind screen, the first time i came back to this i thought some T**T had moved them a common thing in Cyprus, but it is becoming more and more regular, even when my car is in my garage.

Any ideas what this could be ?

How do i go about it, i can hardly see audi taking my car in and waiting for the wipers to move ?

Huh?

So you park the car up, turn the engine off and the wipers are in the normal position. Then you return to the car and the wipers have moved to the middle of the windscreen?!

Your car is haunted!!!

Thats exactly it everything is off i go out somewhere, come back and they are in the middle of the windscreen and i know they are not being moved by someone as it does it in my garage as well!!!!

What do you think is the best way to go about this with audi ?

I'm guessing by your sig and it being a 1.4T that it's a relatively new car?

Take it back and get them to sort it if that's the case! Just tell them the problem and they can investigate it

got to be haunted or got any ex girlfriend's that youve ****** off?

sounds like they are "un parking" like when you nudge the stalk down when u take the key out. (valet or cleaning position)
could something in car be falling onto the stalk after youve walked away. (sat nav holder??)

Nope nothing like that at all, car is brand new ( 3 months old ) and i dont have auto wipers either. Just really baffled as to what audi are going to say or do.

Nope nothing like that at all, car is brand new ( 3 months old ) and i dont have auto wipers either. Just really baffled as to what audi are going to say or do.

Take it back and find out. It's their problem to deal with if it's only 3 months old!

i would love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation... "It doing what??"

As pi quattro says, this is the "servicing" position. After you turn the ignition off, blipping the switch down (the wash/wipe action) will move the wipers half way up the screen so they can be lifted without fouling the bonnet.

I think you'd have noticed if you'd hit this by accident yourself so I sounds like there's a problem with the switch and it's effectively doing this itself. Out of interest, do they randomly wash/wipe whilst you're driving too?

Audi service desk - whispering on phone - "Code red, Code red, we have a nutter here, Call the men in white coats!"

hehe

HAHAHA - thats exactly what im thinking there gonna to look at me like what is this pleb on! - but i will take it back and see what they say. And nope they dont move when im driving only when the cars off.

Thanks for all the help guys :)

It seems your car is hinting that his wiper blades need changing! Have you checked them for wear?

It seems your car is hinting that his wiper blades need changing! Have you checked them for wear?

I thikn i have only used my wipers once or twice most as i picked up my car at the end of august and even tho it is November it is still 25 degrees here in cyprus so we have had no rain! :) so its definitely not the wear

Its supposed to do that, read your manual about parking the wipers so that when you wash the car you can lift them clear of the windscreen....As vertigo said.

Not when they're left in the park position, and stay in the park position once you've removed the key, got out, and locked it, paddy!