Will this steering wheel fit my s line

bertiebasset

Reaction score
Hi all,

I been reading up on these for a while but I'm non the wiser and any help would be appreciated.

I've got a 2007 56 plate 2.0tdi s line with a 3 spoke none mf shield steering wheel. I've seen a mfsw flebay with part code 8P0419091eptna and wondered if this would fit my car and any other bits that I would need to do the swap.

Thanks in advance
Craig

Hi Craig,

Yes, that will fit your A3, but you are also going to need a new highline steering module 8P0 953 549 F (approx £160 new, but you can pick them up from eBay for around £80) also a new airbag harness, don't have the part number at the monent, costs approx £40.
And finally you will need VCDS to code it all and adapt the new steering module.

Plenty how to threads around mate, but if unsure then perhaps get a fellow member here to do it for you.

As said yes it will fit but if you have DSG then no need to buy steering module as it will be correct one so would just be Able to code with VCDS, also you don't have to buy a airbag harness you can adapt your current one its very simple and saves £40 as I have done this twice now with no issues as its only to get the horn work.

OK thanks for the info so far. Is there a mfsw out there which doesn't require me buying the module or harness?

Yes it will but you need the correct steering module for it to work - 8P0 953 549 F and correct airbag wiring harness - 8P0 971 589 Q

Edit: sorry guys, I've been out and didn't realise this had already been answered !!! :wub:

As said yes it will fit but if you have DSG then no need to buy steering module as it will be correct one so would just be Able to code with VCDS, also you don't have to buy a airbag harness you can adapt your current one its very simple and saves £40 as I have done this twice now with no issues as its only to get the horn work.

True in what you say, but I am guessing the OP does not have DSG as he is looking at a non DSG wheel. Unless he ain't bothered about DSG and for that price just want multi function options, lol.

But seriously, it is good to point out to let others know in a similar situation.

Ok the steering wheel has been brought and a module, anybody got the harness for sale? Also if there's anybody in the leicestershire/warwickshire area that can code or fit then please let me know.

Ok the steering wheel has been brought and a module, anybody got the harness for sale? Also if there's anybody in the leicestershire/warwickshire area that can code or fit then please let me know.

If in London, I could have done for you, but give NHN a shout, a forum sponsor who also travels all over.

Airbag wiring harness has now been superseded to 8P0 971 589 AB. Costs about £28 from Audi.

hÄ° mÄ°KE,

How do you re-wire it?

I have the same airbag, sitting on my lap right now :)) I wanna know about it! :)

Also I dont have mfsw module right know, still can I connect it correctly without making the buttons functioning? I'll have it later, coming months :)

hÄ° mÄ°KE,

How do you re-wire it?

I have the same airbag, sitting on my lap right now :)) I wanna know about it! :)

Also I dont have mfsw module right know, still can I connect it correctly without making the buttons functioning? I'll have it later, coming months :)

If you have a mfsw , and the airbag on your lap physically fits the wheel, then you can buy the wiring harness from Audi and connect it to the airbag. Then you can just fit the wheel without the proper module and only the horn will work.

Post pics of what you have and what you want and I'll try and help.

Don't leave the airbag on your lap for long as it has explosives in it !!

Hahah no airbag, only the wheel itself :)

AUDI A3 8P Black Leather S3 Steering Wheel Multifunction Non-DSG 2004 - 2011 | eBay

Click the little picture which has beendet sign on it..

This is what I bought, also its the same that the OP has now..

Audi a3 Sport Perforated Steering Wheel - Leder Lenkrad | eBay

This is what I have right now as stock..

I guess the OP has the same also :)

This is why I'm writing here, it will help both of us :)

Know let us know mate.. :)

Thnks'!

Hahah no airbag, only the wheel itself :)

AUDI A3 8P Black Leather S3 Steering Wheel Multifunction Non-DSG 2004 - 2011 | eBay

This is what I bought, also its the same that the OP has now..

Audi a3 Sport Perforated Steering Wheel - Leder Lenkrad | eBay

This is what I have right now as stock..

I guess the OP has the same also :)

This is why I'm writing here, it will help both of us :)

Know let us know mate.. :)

Thnks'!

If you already have the wheel in the second photo ( non-mfsw) then your airbag will not fit the wheel in the first photo (mfsw). Look carefully and you will see that the mfsw has two pegs just inside the fixing bolts and the non-mfsw does not. Also the angle that the fixing screws protrude is different.

However, are you sure your existing wheel is as shown in the picture ? Have you removed the airbag to check ? The reason I ask is that most (but not all) A3's do not have the wheel that you show in the picture as that is usually from an A4.