what size wheels............

I have some 17" for sale if anyone wants them. They are the ones in my gallery that i have now on my AUDI. in great condition and with 225/45/17 yokohama tires.

I run 14" black BBS on my Polo ! I just had to 'upgrade' from my 13" steels !!!!

Any opinion on my question about tires?

When i was hard up i bought some Acclera for mine, £55 for 215/55/16 - they are plenty good enough to be honest and still going strong! They are a budget brand of another make, can't remember which, might even have been falken or someone similar.

so i reckon falken are a good choice for cheap tire?

Have had no problems with any Falkens I've had on my Focus or Octavia. Hey even the GRB451s lasted well round the Nurburgring on my Otcy !!!!

well i got 19s and i know mine dont look cheap thank you very much lol.here a pic of 19s on mine, maybe you can compare them to bubstars 18s and make your own judgement

dscf1934qh1.jpg
off topic but your car looks superb......is that liquid blue?

18's are not always to small, depends if your going to lower it

if your worried about arch gap get 20's, if not small and low is the way forward :)

I'm also unsure whether to go for 18's or 19's. Lets see some more pics to help all of us with the same dilema. Cheers guys!

Goes to show both the 18's and 19's look great. I do really like the way the 19's are filling the arches. Are people using spaces to push the wheels out more or is that just how the 19's will look straight on?

Also goes to show that ride height can play a bigger part than wheel size. I prefer the look of bubstar's 18s to PW-Motorsport's & andyccr's 19s because bubstar's car is sitting lower.

I'm also a fan of genuine Audi alloys although some of the non-Audi ones posted have been pretty nice.

Goes to show both the 18's and 19's look great. I do really like the way the 19's are filling the arches. Are people using spaces to push the wheels out more or is that just how the 19's will look straight on?

offset determines how far the alloys sit in the arches, standard alloys are et42 i think, i have et35 which being a lower offset makes the wheels fill the arches better. the lower the offset the more they stick out

Also goes to show that ride height can play a bigger part than wheel size. I prefer the look of bubstar's 18s to PW-Motorsport's & andyccr's 19s because bubstar's car is sitting lower.

I'm also a fan of genuine Audi alloys although some of the non-Audi ones posted have been pretty nice.

It does indeed, so I've still no idea whgich to go for!!!! lol!

And Bub's car does look really, really nice.

haha ! with £1300 wheels i can clearly afford tires. but i take your post with a pinch of salt as a few people that are not familiar with the stretched look have commented before. especially when my tires were actually more expensive then ones that are a usual fitment !

Its a style called Euro. big on the VW scene especially on the older dubs, like mk1+2 golfs. mainly stretching is used to be able to bring the wheels flush or protruding the arch but not have no scrubbing on the arch.

Some argue that stretched tires are safer because they're rock-solid hard, others say they pop easy

either way its a look that will suit the rest of the car when finished.

some extreme stretching
DSC_0051-1.jpg

iQXcv9wwyul2UrQ_.jpg

I know what it is I just don't like the look. But if we all liked the same thing, the world would be a dull place . . .

especially when my tires were actually more expensive then ones that are a usual fitment !

some extreme stretching
DSC_0051-1.jpg

Sorry if this is a dumb question :sadlike: Are they special tyres you use?

That pic above looks downright dangerous!!

that golf looks ridiculous, it looks like the wheel has come of the hub and is sat in the arch, bet the ride quality is comfy

ima get me a set o them bad boys. They will look effin sweet on my silver car I reckon!

19" for me also. I think it just improves the look of the car.

craig2.jpg

@ Roy. Some wonderous photos there, and yes, its all about the stretch!!

No special tyres used, just need a decent fitter!

cheers mate, im pritty crap with a camera to be honest, it does it all itself !

Those wheels you have are the dogs ****** Rocko :)

Roy, the idea of the stretched tyres to avoid arch contact is genious! I just think personally I would want it to be the minimum possible step, what size would that be on say 235/45/17's as the standard fit?

Would you fit / stretch 215's?

19" for me also. I think it just improves the look of the car.

craig2.jpg

@ Roy. Some wonderous photos there, and yes, its all about the stretch!!

No special tyres used, just need a decent fitter!

Looking good mate - what wheels are they and do you have any more pics you could post up? What size tyres and spacers are you running?