What have you done today?

#brazzers

In all seriousness, what the ...

What Tuffty said :)
Haven't used the car in over 6 months, I'm surprised the fuel hasn't turned to jelly.

Before the wash.

Dirty Engine Medium

What Tuffty said :)
Haven't used the car in over 6 months, I'm surprised the fuel hasn't turned to jelly.

Before the wash.

View attachment 105750

Holy jesus! You cruel man! Saying that bill almost contracted h5N1 virus from all the mound spores etc from mine hsha. Dyno'ing the car with a full on mask until I cleaned it!

I replaced the n/s door window clips that failed the other week with the updated clip so i thought i would change the o/s clips before they broke.

Also the o/s door glass was marked from years of going up and down on some grit that had been under the rubber strip.I got a new glass from TPS and checked the Audi markings matched the n/s door glass which they did (ocd:blush:)

While the door trims were off i gave the insides of the doors a good clean and also fitted some new door lock buttons as i am just trying to get the car as mint as i can.Also greased all the window cable pulleys while fitting the new clips.

I took my time and adjusted the door frames and now my doors close a lot better than before.

Picked this v5 up today as engine in my s3 is goosed. So have now parked it up to start fixing her up and new engine. I think these wheels will look good on my silver s3

Last edited:
Reactions: IPG
IMG 4325
IMG 4326
Gave the car a much needed detail, along with new plugs and camshaft sensor. Driveshafts and ARB links done last week, car feels great now and is code free. Should see me through winter!

Reactions: SamHendry
When you see it, really hurts your heart to know you haven't driven it in a long while!
I wish that was the case! If it was my black car, then yes! Unfortunately, the replacement is just an ongoing POS! Lol

It is however, back as of today! Not even time to prep it for ADI though, unfortunately.

Did a few things lately to get it ready to go to Bill but what i really fell good about was changing the steering fluid today. Pump started to make some noise couple of days ago and didnt want to just top up since i didnt know was it ever changed or not. So i got 2 liters from Audi and boy am i glad i did. You can see on the picture what came out. And for those that dont know fresh fluid has light green color. :)

14696885 10207242234286728 1531633840 n

Yesterday my car did this at R-Tech.

They put a stage 1 on it 2 years ago at 260BHP, 267ft/lbs.

My upgrades -
  • Wagner intercooler
  • Pipewerx 3" DP
  • Pipewerx de-cat
  • Badger 5 TIP
  • S2000 filter
  • New OEM fuel pump and filter
These mods alone with no mapping netted me 12BHP, 22ft/lbs.

Final result after mapping - 282BHP, 304ft/lbs, and a much nicer torque curve. Car feels much better to drive in general.

Pretty happy with that.

Reactions: vanilla_ice
Went to ADI... took a few pics... of my car and other animals ;)

20161015-IMG_4494.jpg

20161015-IMG_4504.jpg

20161015-IMG_4505.jpg

20161015-IMG_4509.jpg

20161015-IMG_4510.jpg

20161015-IMG_4518.jpg

20161015-IMG_4521.jpg

20161015-IMG_4525.jpg

<tuffty/>

Reactions: IPG, Alex C, jojo and 3 others
Yesterday my car did this at R-Tech.

They put a stage 1 on it 2 years ago at 260BHP, 267ft/lbs.

My upgrades -
  • Wagner intercooler
  • Pipewerx 3" DP
  • Pipewerx de-cat
  • Badger 5 TIP
  • S2000 filter
  • New OEM fuel pump and filter
These mods alone with no mapping netted me 12BHP, 22ft/lbs.

Final result after mapping - 282BHP, 304ft/lbs, and a much nicer torque curve. Car feels much better to drive in general.

Pretty happy with that.

Nice work. Was anything holding you back from more power - rods, injectors,actuator?

Nice work. Was anything holding you back from more power - rods, injectors,actuator?

The car is on standard rods, so that certainly was a consideration.

I understand and can read BHP and Torque curves on a dynograph, but I'm not fully sure what the bottom line is representing. He did say something along the line of the turbo is pretty much maxed out with the hardware I have.

He did also say it was capable of ever so slightly more but due to the rods he kept it there. Kinda contradictory to what he said about the turbo being maxed out? I don't know.

Either way, I'm very happy with the finished package and the service they gave. Outright figures are never my goal. The car feels so much better to drive everywhere in the rev range.

Reactions: vanilla_ice
Got the daily ready for the winter dune sessions.

Jeep

Reactions: Alex C, StaceyS3 and jojo
the car really needs a good clean, been neglecting it quite a bit lately

anyway, whilst ive been on leave i have

installed a secondary usb and aux port

Auxport

painted the calipers, yes the rims are dirty, technically the whole car needs a proper clean

Painted caliper

tested the auto dip mirror

Auto dip

had a go at the headlights

Cloudy lights

a tiny bit less cloudy after 3 attempts with some 1200 grit

A tiny bit less cloudy

need to get some more sand paper to go further with that

Put the tent back up ready for winter developments

Then put the old girl in there for winter

Also got a new toy for my b day for me to learn and play with

Reactions: Alex C, superkarl, IPG and 2 others
This week i decided to fit the s3 skirts and door blades, essentially its a big headache of a mission the body shells vary quite a bit for cars from the same genepool and i've had to do quite a bit of cutting to get it to fit. the reason im doing this now is the paint is fairly knackered and i hope to have a full respray soon

The old door blades

Old

the amount of dirt that came out the back of those old blades, luckily no rust at all

Dirt

Thats how much the skirts are sticking out front and back, due to the lack of flared archwork

Rear arch

since im not going the easy route to also use the s3 front wings (simply because i dont want a replica s3, just a really unique a3) i had to strategically cut the skirts to get it to fit more or less perfectly, those cuts will be plastic welded and filled and sanded down again

Cuts

and the close to finish result

Side view

i would say all in a days work but this has taken me 3 and a half days and it still needs a bit of finishing work

Last edited:
IMG 2189
IMG 2191

Just finished off this... May look like a 103mm throttle body but its a bypass valve controlled by a S3 throttle body electronics..

More fabrication to come.. Anyone got a damaged 1.8T short block for my next but of fab work

Soooo, I got to weight my S3.

1480 KG that is! Holy shatt that is much for a little mouse of an audi...

This was with me in it (only 57kg lol) and some tools in the back, just some screwdrivers and ****, nothing heavy, say it was 60kg with me and tools so 1420kg without driver.

20161027 193218

Reactions: jojo
Took the daily out for a walk

X

Reactions: Alex C, jojo and Sam_
Found Audi list a Flare bracket in the parts list, found a LED flare to fit the bracket:sunglasses:

Reactions: snowy and jojo