What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Sometimes you need to clear the airbag error with VCDS or similar, did the error go off at all or just stay on.

Sunday just gone, I decided to fit a new Gearknob with gaiter, changed the orignal alcantara one for a perforated leather one to match up with the flat bottom steering wheel in my Avant SLine TFSi. Not fully clamped the jubilee type clip item yet, as I found an Red LED item, when i removed the gaiter, if anyone can tell me what that is, i'd be grateful. So not clamping in the gearknob yet, till i know what that plastic LED part is.

Would not have given this a go without the help from trusty ole You Tube!! :thumbs up:

Pics supplied before and after.

Attachments

• Gearknob 0.jpg
    Gearknob 0.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Gearknob 1.jpg
    Gearknob 1.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Gearknob 2.jpg
    Gearknob 2.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Gearknob 3b.jpg
    Gearknob 3b.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 75
  • LEd 3.jpg
    LEd 3.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 53
  • LEd 2.jpg
    LEd 2.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 62
  • LEd 1.jpg
    LEd 1.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 50
Very possibly the centre arm rest illumination .
There was an option for it , a bit like the down lights in the overhead light console that beam down on the gear lever area.
Its all part of the ambient lighting pack.

well thats my thought.:icon thumright:

Typically b7 one job leads to an unexpected other
a3b2270e2a6d1bd52e89f08a95f2b245.jpg

.Biggest pita and the most time consuming of the rear axle removal for the cv boot replacement was the wheel speed sensor ,head sheared off the bolt and the sensor seemed welded in ,a can of duck oil and many choice words later it was out
Drilled ,tapped and a shiny new bolt and all is good ..be warned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very possibly the centre arm rest illumination .
There was an option for it , a bit like the down lights in the overhead light console that beam down on the gear lever area.
Its all part of the ambient lighting pack.

well thats my thought.:icon thumright:
just had a think about it a bit more, if that was inside the gearlever gaiter recess then it will more likely be the ashtray illumination,
light emitt.diode with bracket.

just had a think about it a bit more, if that was inside the gearlever gaiter recess then it will more likely be the ashtray illumination,
light emitt.diode with bracket.
Cheers Rob.
What was more puzzling there are no wiring or anything of the sorts when i removed the gearknob. Totally confused.
I've googled the part number, comes up with nothing.

I did wonder if it might be to illumiate the gearknob dials but again no wiring or pin connectors under the gaiter.

Gearknob and surround are illuminated from above, and two small LEDs in the overhead light consol shine down.

Typically b7 one job leads to an unexpected other
a3b2270e2a6d1bd52e89f08a95f2b245.jpg

.Biggest pita and the most time consuming of the rear axle removal for the cv boot replacement was the wheel speed sensor ,head sheared off the bolt and the sensor seemed welded in ,a can of duck oil and many choice words later it was out
Drilled ,tapped and a shiny new bolt and all is good ..be warned

Yep. Been There, done that..... When it happened to me, I sheared off the bolt flush with the sensor - just the head came off so couldn't get the sensor to move at all. Tried levering & prising (a lot) - eventually gave up, cut the wire & sensor head off & drilled out the whole thing! Strangest bit of all? ..... After drilling out the sensor & removing the resultant mess, what was left of the mounting screw just undid with my fingers! :rage:

Reactions: Jamsmoo and Charlie Farley
This weekend (just past) I replaced the Ballast resistor pack on the nearside/passenger headlight to cure the annoying flashing light syndrome.
See https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/headlamps-ballast-resistors.436164/ for original post.
This has been annoying me for about 8 months - so now I'm a happy bunny again. :smug: Till the next disaster that is. Shouldn't have to wait long for that.......

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Sold the old bus, thanks so Much for so many helpful posts and inspiration on here!

Farewell!

Reactions: tr7
Looks like were losing B7 owners all over the shop, shame really but things move on for whatever reason.

Trip to Darkside today for egr software delete ,gearbox remap and custom dyno tune..not cheap but big improvement

A slight tweak outwards is needed if I’m being picky but yes ,happy how it’s turned out for not much outlay
3372bba548e5be68604250184f21af37.jpg

Turns out whoever tuned it (badly) before just over fuelled it and turned off the exhaust gas temp sensor to stop it going into limp mode in turn risking meltdown

Trip to Darkside today for egr software delete ,gearbox remap and custom dyno tune..not cheap but big improvement

Did you get it on a rolling road?
If so what bhp/torque does it have now?

What engine and mods have you got again?

3.0 tdi asb so no great leaps just stage 1 ,blanked egr at inlet and exhaust and had it mapped out ,thats it ,there was a tune on it that dark side described as “very poor”
They took it back to stock ,which got 231.9 bhp (not bad for 15 years old ) they came out factory with 233
I’ve had the gearbox remapped to eliminate 1st and 2 gear lag so it responds a lot better from stand still also torque limiter increase
Put their own custom dyno tune own which made 273.3
I’ve reached the limit really unless I go for hybrid turbos (not keen) and uprated injectors ,could maybe get around 320s 330s with these but it’s a lot of money for 50-60 bhp

Reactions: Fully
Sorry to see you go chap, off to another Audi or different brand?

Finally bit the bullet and bought a VW caddy - much more practical for work. And more fuel efficient… super unleaded was harsh day to day for a work vehicle.

Miss the old girl already - but she’s still in the family, my nephew bought it.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Jamsmoo
Finally bit the bullet and bought a VW caddy - much more practical for work. And more fuel efficient… super unleaded was harsh day to day for a work vehicle.

2.0tfsi Quattro sp Ed if I remember right ? Mind me asking what it went for ,I was on the look out for one of these in good nick for a good while ,couldn’t find one so ended up with 3.0tdi

Reactions: Bobbytea
2.0tfsi Quattro sp Ed if I remember right ? Mind me asking what it went for ,I was on the look out for one of these in good nick for a good while ,couldn’t find one so ended up with 3.0tdi

Correct! You’ve a good memory.

I sold it for £3k - but that was to family. I was gonna put it up on fleebay for £4.5k and see what happened.

Was on 126k, FSH, so many receipts, brand new meyle HD control arms, bilstien B12 kit, eibach rear ARB, stage 1 map from AMD (250bhp/300ibsft), ITG panel filter, ECS turbo inlet, ECS catch can.

I probably could’ve split it for parts for more than 3!

Glad its gone to a good home chap and don't be a stranger to the forum just because you have moved on, you are always welcome here chap . :icon thumright:

Reactions: Bobbytea
Correct! You’ve a good memory.

I sold it for £3k - but that was to family. I was gonna put it up on fleebay for £4.5k and see what happened.

Was on 126k, FSH, so many receipts, brand new meyle HD control arms, bilstien B12 kit, eibach rear ARB, stage 1 map from AMD (250bhp/300ibsft), ITG panel filter, ECS turbo inlet, ECS catch can.

I probably could’ve split it for parts for more than 3!

I've been watching the special eds in tfsi mode for a while and good ones are still changing hands for between £4k and £5k private sale.

Glad its gone to a good home chap and don't be a stranger to the forum just because you have moved on, you are always welcome here chap . :icon thumright:

Thanks matey! I will do!

I’ve just bought some A4 S-Line seats to put in the
caddy (does that make it an Audi?) as mine were super comfy and supportive.

Heated, electric and £150 for the pair… bargain!

This is the new dub - 78k, two previous owners and FSH. Put a set of wheels on her and she’s looking smart, just ordered the same sportline eibach springs and bilstien B6 dampeners to get her sitting right. Death to arch gaps!

e94381b9fbd835c8df24c3795819ea36.jpg

Fitted some nice new OE Audi matts, not had new ones for some time so a nice little touch .:icon thumright:

Reactions: Jamsmoo, Rob Avant, tr7 and 1 other person
58B75803 13A2 4940 AEBA 979B3E0390F9
D5959D0A 203B 470A 819C DDF4FC1FBAF1

The wagon is back home after a week away for a new drivers side front wing, paint on the drivers door and rear wheel arch. Had the body kit painted and fitted at the same time too. Very happy with the results, although I think I’m going to get both bumpers re sprayed next year, they are looking tired now compared with the rest of the car.

Reactions: quattrogone, Stu_b7 and Charlie Farley
60297387 E237 418E AB2B A36AD26119F7

Mk1 Cupra splitter has gone, what was left of it. Had the fog light grills sprayed too, still a bit too shiny for my liking.

The old wagon passed the year grief today... 034 sports cat causing trouble again, only just made it through. Seems to be standard now with these sports cats, proper waste of money, should’ve just fitted a test pipe.

good news on another mot pass Rob .:yahoo:

On the sports cat front , yes they are a bit of a liability to be honest as you take a potluck chance it will get through the emissions. I've given up on them for now but when I've found the permamant solution you will all be the first to know.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Reactions: Rob Avant
Fitted engine bay scuttle cover which makes it look a bit smarter.

View attachment 260358View attachment 260359
The wagon is back home after a week away for a new drivers side front wing, paint on the drivers door and rear wheel arch. Had the body kit painted and fitted at the same time too. Very happy with the results, although I think I’m going to get both bumpers re sprayed next year, they are looking tired now compared with the rest of the car.
just waiting to see those anthracite OZ alloys fitted Rob :thumbs up:

Reactions: Rob Avant
just waiting to see those anthracite OZ alloys fitted Rob :thumbs up:
Think I’m going to wait until next year now, keep the old wheels on as a winter set as they already have a few curb marks. Keeping the Oz’s fresh for when the good weather returns