What have you done to your 8V today?

you mean to tried an RS3 and didn't buy it? WTF? lol

With a base price of over £113k here in Denmark? Think I can cope with my S3 :racer: (And to be honest, it didn’t felt that much faster below 100km/h)

Reactions: NevMan
Thanks for the advice :hi: Have already found a usefull youtube video and a tutorial so I think I'll be fine.

And I was able to get a pair for only £60 on eBay. Should be new and never used but let's see how they look when they arrive.
Wow, that is seriously cheap! Hope they are what you hope they are.

*Presses the dislike button*

Thats mental! How much is the S3 though as a comparison?

£79.502,74 but that is with 150% car tax. You can push the tax down to 50% if you get the rear seats removed and make it a "van". I got away with around £60.000 because it's a van where it would have costed £100-120.000 with the extras I got depending on the discount.

If you're curious you can take a look at these two threads I have made about it:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2018-s3-van-ordered.334617/
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2018-audi-s3-van-thread.344590/

Reactions: oli356
£79.502,74 but that is with 150% car tax. You can push the tax down to 50% if you get the rear seats removed and make it a "van". I got away with around £60.000 because it's a van where it would have costed £100-120.000 with the extras I got depending on the discount.

If you're curious you can take a look at these two threads I have made about it:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2018-s3-van-ordered.334617/
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2018-audi-s3-van-thread.344590/

And we thought we got it bad over here In the U.K.
That’s rs4/5/6 type money. Your rs3 is Aston Martin money:wtf:

And we thought we got it bad over here In the U.K.
That’s rs4/5/6 type money. Your rs3 is Aston Martin money:wtf:
But no doubt the Danes have a higher standard of living higher average wage etc etc.. And also a higher suicide rate where they all drive their RS3s into lakes

Reactions: AlS3BE
But no doubt the Danes have a higher standard of living higher average wage etc etc.. And also a higher suicide rate where they all drive their RS3s into lakes

There is less than 20 facelifted RS3s registered in Denmark which make it very unlikely to be the car you drive into a lake :boxing:

Reactions: NevMan and Tom.H
There is less than 20 facelifted RS3s registered in Denmark which make it very unlikely to be the car you drive into a lake :boxing:
I’m surprised there’s even 20 at £114k+
Just out of interest for £114k what other cool cars can be had? Aston? Bentley? Porsche?

I’m surprised there’s even 20 at £114k+
Just out of interest for £114k what other cool cars can be had? Aston? Bentley? Porsche?

I don't even think we're talking about that many. I recall my Audi salesman saying that theres registered 13 in Denmark whereas the 8 is at Audi :whistle2:

Haha you don't want to know!

Porsche Macan S, 2015, 36.000km, £119k
Bentley Continental GTC, 2008, 68.000km, £159k
Aston Martin V8 Vantage, 2009, 130.000km, £111k
Audi S7 4,0 TFSi SB, 2014, 71.000km, £107k

I don't even think we're talking about that many. I recall my Audi salesman saying that theres registered 13 in Denmark whereas the 8 is at Audi :whistle2:

Haha you don't want to know!

Porsche Macan S, 2015, 36.000km, £119k
Bentley Continental GTC, 2008, 68.000km, £159k
Aston Martin V8 Vantage, 2009, 130.000km, £111k
Audi S7 4,0 TFSi SB, 2014, 71.000km, £107k

Think it’s time I export cars to Denmark :icon thumright:

Reactions: oli356
Haha that's a poor business! Remember it's all taxes. Last year the taxes even went down from 180% to 150%. 180%!
That’s as bad as China. Used to be 300% on luxury German car. My in laws mate bought a run off the mill BMW X5 and I asked him how much it cost and he told me it was £150k. I told him it’s like a £50-60k car and for £150k I would have an Aston Martin. He wanted an m3 or m5 and I told him give me the money and I by him a holiday home over here and m3. I will of course look after it for him :welcoming:

Reactions: V6_Man
Singapore is the worst, S3 is about £100k already, Mine in Hong Kong was £63k and in China, it’s £40k...

France is 55k euro, so over £50k sterling with only a few options based on current exchange rates.
The whole EU pricing/registration tax thing is nuts, UK has it sooooo good.

Singapore is the worst, S3 is about £100k already, Mine in Hong Kong was £63k and in China, it’s £40k...
China has a VAG assembly plant and cars coming off those production line don’t get taxed as much as one built and imported from Germany.

China has a VAG assembly plant and cars coming off those production line don’t get taxed as much as one built and imported from Germany.

Yeah, A3 is dirt cheap there, but S3 are all Hungary, but still, £40k and you can get one for pretty good discount it's one of the cheapest S3 available anywhere I guess...

Yeah, A3 is dirt cheap there, but S3 are all Hungary, but still, £40k and you can get one for pretty good discount it's one of the cheapest S3 available anywhere I guess...
Maybe some sneak through and get built in China :welcoming: build an s line and sneak an s3 engine in.

Oil change and inspection service including new wiper blades carried out today at Stirling Audi.

Still don’t understand the service intervals though.

Car new Dec 2016

Dec 2017 - 10,000 miles 1st inspection and oil change.

Sept 2018 - 18,700 miles 2nd inspection and oil change.

Mmi was showing inspection due 99 days or 900 miles and oil change due 92 days or 400 miles before today’s service.

Next oil change now due in 427 days or 11900miles.

Next inspection now due in 720 days or 19,900 miles

Who knows!

All I know is whoever buys this from the lease company after it goes back in December won’t have much to worry about. Well looked after and new tyres all round recently too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Jassyo06
Oil change and inspection service including new wiper blades carried out today at Stirling Audi.

Still don’t understand the service intervals though.

Car new Dec 2016

Dec 2017 - 10,000 miles 1st inspection and oil change.

Sept 2018 - 18,700 miles 2nd inspection and oil change.

Mmi was showing inspection due 99 days or 900 miles and oil change due 92 days or 400 miles before today’s service.

Next oil change now due in 427 days or 11900miles.

Next inspection now due in 720 days or 19,900 miles

Who knows!

All I know is whoever buys this from the lease company after it goes back in December won’t have much to worry about. Well looked after and new tyres all round recently too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was fixed servicing it should have been every 9k. First is just oil change and have a poke around.
Second is oil change and filters,air con and sunroof service is optional, and have a poke around.

Most if not all lease cars are set to variable and services is close to 18k.
When set to variable the inspection(air filter and poke around) is still fixed at 18k but the oil can vary as it’s depending on how you drive and how dirty the oil is as sensors and logs pick this up.
Or at pdi someone cocked it up.

Dealer is probably milking that lease cow for all it’s worth. Most company/lease cars include full maintenance and I’ve seen some change tyres when there was still a good 4mm left on them.

Reactions: BarryG79
Joined many others on here. Got my exhaust tips powder coated gloss black by a local(ish) company. £60 and was done in 24 hours.

Attachments

• IMG-20180913-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20180913-WA0006.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
  • 20180913_194823-min.jpg
    20180913_194823-min.jpg
    744.9 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan, Tom.H and 3 others
Joined many others on here. Got my exhaust tips powder coated gloss black by a local(ish) company. £60 and was done in 24 hours.

Looks nice.
I’m thinking of a more Matt black so I won’t see the dirt on them :welcoming:

Haha, quick polish with autosol and does the job .

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Getting too lazy in my old age. Used to spend hours/days detailing cars. Now got no time and can’t be bothered even getting the hose out:wink:

DTUK TCU flash box arrived, time to install run in and report
6b235359f5e64edc47ea992a81c6a0b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Primolak, NevMan, Kondax and 3 others
Fitted some Audi ring puddle lights - the want got too much after seeing some for real in a showroom!
IMG 0959

Reactions: Gavy, NevMan, BarryG79 and 3 others
Well today i stupidly redlined it from a cold start whilst showing it off to a mate, I’ve always been so careful making sure everything up to temp before I get sporty. Fingers crossed no long term damage, slap on the wrist for me today!

Well today i stupidly redlined it from a cold start whilst showing it off to a mate, I’ve always been so careful making sure everything up to temp before I get sporty. Fingers crossed no long term damage, slap on the wrist for me today!

Seriously, don't worry! This was only a real problem on older engines when the tolerances weren't as good as they are today. Of course you shouldn't do this on a daily basis but do yourself a favour and don't worry :icon thumright:

Reactions: Pook
Seriously, don't worry! This was only a real problem on older engines when the tolerances weren't as good as they are today. Of course you shouldn't do this on a daily basis but do yourself a favour and don't worry :icon thumright:
Thanks mate, I feel slightly better for hearing that. I’ve redlined it plenty before and drove the car in well for the first 2k miles, just today it was literally from a cold start I drove off the drive and floored it and now paranoid haha, I’m terrible. I suppose it’s not exactly winter yet lol but you know lol.

Wasn't today, but last set of days off I did a CTS Turbo catted DP, upgraded from Unitronic 1+ ecu tune to Uni Stage 2 ECU and TCU, CTS Turbo torque arm insert.

Annnnnd then my haldex sh!t the bed, and my car is pretty much full time fwd right now. didn't even have a chance to launch with the new tune

:/

Neighbours opposite are having a loft extension, and the builder popped across yesterday and spent half an hour talking to me about my car. Then today he left his van at home and brought round his 1998 B5 RS4 Avant. These are rare as freakin’ hens teeth! One year of production only, and think they only sold c.200 in the UK in total.

V6 2.7 bi-turbo - pushed out 380bhp originally. Was in good shape for a 20 year old RS - needed a ruddy good detail though. Good fun talking to a fellow Audi nut and discussing how the technology has changed over the last 2 decades!

2087AF63 D2F0 420C A85C 115BAAE63F4A

5B760B54 C794 49C5 9866 AE352DB25544

Last edited:
Reactions: oli356, Scotty75, BarryG79 and 5 others
Neighbours opposite are having a loft extension, and the builder popped across yesterday and spent half an hour talking to me about my car. Then today he left his van at home and brought round his 1998 B5 RS4 Avant. These are rare as freakin’ hens teeth! One year of production only, and think they only sold c.200 in the UK in total.

V6 2.7 bi-turbo - pushed out 380bhp originally. Was in good shape for a 20 year old RS - needed a ruddy good detail though. Good fun taking to a fellow Audi nut and discussing how the technology has changed over the last 2 decades!

View attachment 165439

View attachment 165440
That's a big extension.. our neighbours wouldn't even let us get a double extension.

Reactions: Jimbob76

V6 2.7 bi-turbo - pushed out 380bhp originally. Was in good shape for a 20 year old RS - needed a ruddy good detail though. Good fun taking to a fellow Audi nut and discussing how the technology has changed over the last 2 decades!

View attachment 165439

View attachment 165440
They are a cracking car....still look amazing. A noggy blue one would be a garage queen for me! I see it is a Northern Irish car too.

That's a big extension.. our neighbours wouldn't even let us get a double extension.

Lol - they’re not going that high mate - that’s just the canopy to keep the house dry and for the builders to work under rain or shine. Original roof line will be the same - they’re just having a dormer extension out the back, but whole roof off and new timber and steel to bring it up to modern building regs standards.

Reactions: MattSedg and Kondax
Lol - they’re not going that high mate - that’s just the canopy to keep the house dry and for the builders to work under rain or shine. Original roof line will be the same - they’re just having a dormer extension out the back, but whole roof off and new timber and steel to bring it up to modern building regs standards.

Ah, yeah that makes more sense haha.