What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

And on drive next to Q5
Wish l had one these to pamper with my magic detailing hands lol
That's a Sexy looking Mini mate love the grey and red theme going and it makes your Q5 a tad dull lol

Reactions: Audib5fan and NevMan
@scotty76 is it the Q2M wheelstick? Which size do you use on the S4. I have to order few bits tomorrow, and planning on getting one this time.

Folks, I am also looking at getting some MF drying and polishing cloths (have been using BOA for the last few years), either Reload or Gyeon Cure and few spray bottles for BSD and Reload/Cure mixes. Oh, and a drying aid - throw in your some suggestions please. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chemical guys after wash and shine a great drying aid and a lot goes a long way
Drying towels l have 2 of these cracking towel
Auto finesse Aqua deluxe drying towel or go for the Liquid elements silverback drying towel
As for polishing cloths these are a bargain
Screenshot 20180609 050118

Reactions: Audib5fan and V6_Man
Not quite detailing products but latest addition to household

It's a JCW. .... Ah l see what yer up to now .... Lol l thought it was a Cooper S. ... Crafty very crafty come on.... .Own up you'll be scooting about in the JCW more than the Mrs will ...... .

Reactions: Scotty75, Audib5fan and NevMan
Reactions: Audib5fan
Mini looks fab @q5man and if SWAMBO likes it then who are we to argue! She gets what she wants we just pay

You got it

Reactions: Audib5fan, V6_Man and Jassyo06
Wish l had one these to pamper with my magic detailing hands lol
That's a Sexy looking Mini mate love the grey and red theme going and it makes your Q5 a tad dull lol

Haha, I am sure you would do wonders jassy with your DA. Luckily paintwork looks pretty good, have only spotted (so far) one minor light scratch on bonnet, but sure I will find more when I give decent wash. Funny you should say that (dull Q5) as my son came out (car was surprise for everyone) and said straight away “Wow, I can go to Prom in that” Definitely a little head turner the JCW.

Reactions: Audib5fan and Jassyo06
It's a JCW. .... Ah l see what yer up to now .... Lol l thought it was a Cooper S. ... Crafty very crafty come on.... .Own up you'll be scooting about in the JCW more than the Mrs will ...... .

That is the plan....**** me, this thing is quick (and not even pushing yet, as obv. running her in (the car)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Scotty75, Audib5fan and Jassyo06
That's a lot of kit for
the money mate, what the 3 bittles for?
Ps £60 .... Eh. ...! yer edging closer and closer to fireball fusion territory lol
£55 for the wax alone what special qualities does it have to warrant that price? that's UHD price point

Cure time is 3 days

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audib5fan and Jassyo06
@scotty76 is it the Q2M wheelstick? Which size do you use on the S4. I have to order few bits tomorrow, and planning on getting one this time.

Folks, I am also looking at getting some MF drying and polishing cloths (have been using BOA for the last few years), either Reload or Gyeon Cure and few spray bottles for BSD and Reload/Cure mixes. Oh, and a drying aid - throw in your some suggestions please. Thanks.

For drying towel it has to be the Klin Korea duo drying towels. It’s simply unbeatable, I’ve used a fair few and none match it.

https://www.cleanyourride.uk/KLINKOREA

As for good quality microfibres, the ones EZ car care do are great and are pretty good value for money at 10 for £20 and they’re 600 gsm so very plush and safe on paintwork

https://www.ezcarcare.co.uk/product...th-bundle-mixed-colours?variant=7802417545244

Back to your wheel stick bit though, I’d recommend wheel whoolies if you haven’t already got them or looked at them. 3 different sizes for Circa £40 but they’re really robust and make cleaning wheels a breeze

Reactions: V6_Man, Scotty75, Audib5fan and 1 other person
Haha, I am sure you would do wonders jassy with your DA. Luckily paintwork looks pretty good, have only spotted (so far) one minor light scratch on bonnet, but sure I will find more when I give decent wash. Funny you should say that (dull Q5) as my son came out (car was surprise for everyone) and said straight away “Wow, I can go to Prom in that” Definitely a little head turner the JCW.

Should of gone with sq5 instead then he would change his mind

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
For drying towel it has to be the Klin Korea duo drying towels. It’s simply unbeatable, I’ve used a fair few and none match it.

https://www.cleanyourride.uk/KLINKOREA

As for good quality microfibres, the ones EZ car care do are great and are pretty good value for money at 10 for £20 and they’re 600 gsm so very plush and safe on paintwork

https://www.ezcarcare.co.uk/product...th-bundle-mixed-colours?variant=7802417545244

Back to your wheel stick bit though, I’d recommend wheel whoolies if you haven’t already got them or looked at them. 3 different sizes for Circa £40 but they’re really robust and make cleaning wheels a breeze

Cheers for the links mate - much appreciated.

Reactions: Matty_

Sorry missed this. Just checked, I have:
Gyeon - Q²M Wheelstick Medium

Reactions: V6_Man
That's a lot of kit for
the money mate, what the 3 bittles for?
Ps £60 .... Eh. ...! yer edging closer and closer to fireball fusion territory lol
£55 for the wax alone what special qualities does it have to warrant that price? that's UHD price point
@jassyo06 - Bargain at that - should be £90 delivered
The 3 bottles are -
Nuba Glaze 500ml
Poly Gloss 500ml
Lava luxury shampoo 500ml

Haven't used the wax but this is the manufacturers blurb -
'Armageddon Synthetic Elegance is a full synthetic wax designed from the ground up to provide gloss, protection, beading and ease of use all in one product.

The water behaviour of this wax is fantastic with beading and sheeting giving fantastic protection

Apply a very thin coat to the panel and allow to cure, remove with a short pile buffing cloth and buff to a sublime gloss finish.'

Oh & in future read the ****** links ! lol

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Audib5fan
Reactions: NevMan, Matty_ and V6_Man
Another £20 spent. ..... Auto Finesse Iron Out spray and a wheel brush. Just a cheap one till I invest in a better one.

Got to give the A3 a quick spruce up before our trip to London next weekend. Was supposed to be having the car all day to give it the works but wifey had other ideas. .. . .

Reactions: Jassyo06
Used the Gyeon medium wheel brush for the first time and my first impression on removal from its bag where correct,its PANTS/GUFF/WASTE OF FRICKIN MONEY...................it's got virtually no pile to it,its comparable to a cob of corn on a stick....very similar indeed..............after washing virtually 4 clean wheels it looks ****** avoid like the plague
Gyeon Bathe is a exqusite shampoo....luvly jubbly bubbly,it's 3 years since l last used this awesome shampoo best l have ever used......but its not perfect....it's quite a strong shampoo very deep cleaning indeed,what ever coating you've got on yer paint wont last as long using this over other shampoo's Gtechniq Angelwax,Chemical Guys...etc etc

Reactions: Scotty75 and NevMan
Here you go, more after a decent clean

Ok, so proper alloy clean, decon, snow foam, rinse, citrus prewash, rinse, 2 x bucket with Gyeon Bathe+ (this stuff is lovely), rinse, CarPro hy2dro, rinse, 0ppm final rinse, dry, autosol on tips, and then topped off with BSD+V07, AngelWax window clean and polish, auto finesse interior...done

Will post pics soon, stupid app not playing ball ***

Reactions: Audib5fan, Scotty75 and Jassyo06
Here you go, more after a decent clean
A few pics after decent alloy clean, prewash, decon, snow foam, rinse, prewash, rinse, 2 bucket with gyeon bathe+ rinse, Carpro H2dro, rinse, 0ppm rinse, dry, BSD+V07 finish. Did glass, alusol on pipes, interior etc.

Attachments

• 53064A2A-322E-45FE-A8E8-0AC555337441.jpeg
    53064A2A-322E-45FE-A8E8-0AC555337441.jpeg
    852 KB · Views: 273
  • F1ABDB3D-C4E5-4CB3-9F26-11CD7628A953.jpeg
    F1ABDB3D-C4E5-4CB3-9F26-11CD7628A953.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 285
  • 185B85EE-7B1C-4A7A-BB7D-78332D3A9D53.jpeg
    185B85EE-7B1C-4A7A-BB7D-78332D3A9D53.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 278
Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audib5fan, V6_Man and 4 others
Overall paint looks in very good condition, could only spot one small scratch on bonnet, but I am sure @FranA3 will find more, staying away from polish for now

Attachments

• FEF0F802-3448-4F18-8B22-292A77B6704B.jpeg
    FEF0F802-3448-4F18-8B22-292A77B6704B.jpeg
    908.6 KB · Views: 274
  • 71B3F296-0228-43E7-A555-C1178F8F9782.jpeg
    71B3F296-0228-43E7-A555-C1178F8F9782.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 271
Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audib5fan, V6_Man and 2 others
Overall paint looks in very good condition, could only spot one small scratch on bonnet, but I am sure @FranA3 will find more, staying away from polish for now
You've done yer wife proud mate.....

Reactions: Audib5fan, Scotty75 and NevMan
A few pics after decent alloy clean, prewash, decon, snow foam, rinse, prewash, rinse, 2 bucket with gyeon bathe+ rinse, Carpro H2dro, rinse, 0ppm rinse, dry, BSD+V07 finish. Did glass, alusol on pipes, interior etc.
:sign wow:

Reactions: Audib5fan and NevMan

Just noticed you used bsd on a brand new car..... *** one, just one day you'll wake up out of that brain washing you've been subjected to by you know who lol

Reactions: NevMan
Just noticed you used bsd on a brand new car..... *** one, just one day you'll wake up out of that brain washing you've been subjected to by you know who lol

I did, stuff is magic Will be properly polished corrected and ceramic next month

Done a great job there mate, hey indoors is most pleased I imagine.

Reactions: NevMan
Done a great job there mate, hey indoors is most pleased I imagine.

She was pleased, but did punt out a smudge on black trim which I then promptly buffed off

You mean you missed a bit... .... Tut tut. ... ..Lol. They're always the harshest critics.

Reactions: Audib5fan, Jassyo06 and NevMan
Well the quick spruce up of the A3 turned into six hours of labour. Luckily i did the interior last week so concentrated on the exterior today although it was'nt the full works that i wanted to do but hey ho. Work carried out today.......

Wheels rinsed , then Auto Finesse Iron Out. Washed , dried and later waxed inner and outer wheels with Angel Wax Billberry Wax. Tyres dressed with Wonder wheels.

Chrome tail pipes soaked with WD40, washed and then smothered in Autosol and left for a good while. Then scrubbed gently with wire wool , wiped clean and another polish with Autosol and a microfibre cloth.

Bodywork rinsed then sprayed with Auto Finesse Iron Out and rinsed again. Shampoo'd using Demon Wax Snow Foam shampoo ,2 bucket - top down technique . Rinsed and then hand dried using microfibre towels. DA polished with a medium pad using Poorboy's Blackhole, followed with a microfibre buffing towel. Natty's paste wax applied and buffed out by hand.

All rubber seals and trims treated with Gummi Pledge. Unfortunately ran out of time and energy so the glass is getting done tomorrow with Angelwax H2go.
IMAG0145
IMAG0146

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audib5fan, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Well the quick spruce up of the A3 turned into six hours of labour. Luckily i did the interior last week so concentrated on the exterior today although it was'nt the full works that i wanted to do but hey ho. Work carried out today.......

Wheels rinsed , then Auto Finesse Iron Out. Washed , dried and later waxed inner and outer wheels with Angel Wax Billberry Wax. Tyres dressed with Wonder wheels.

Chrome tail pipes soaked with WD40, washed and then smothered in Autosol and left for a good while. Then scrubbed gently with wire wool , wiped clean and another polish with Autosol and a microfibre cloth.

Bodywork rinsed then sprayed with Auto Finesse Iron Out and rinsed again. Shampoo'd using Demon Wax Snow Foam shampoo ,2 bucket - top down technique . Rinsed and then hand dried using microfibre towels. DA polished with a medium pad using Poorboy's Blackhole, followed with a microfibre buffing towel. Natty's paste wax applied and buffed out by hand.

All rubber seals and trims treated with Gummi Pledge. Unfortunately ran out of time and energy so the glass is getting done tomorrow with Angelwax H2go.
View attachment 157685 View attachment 157686

Nice work @Scotty75. A3 looks fab buddy and he shine and depth is top-class. Welldone you

Reactions: Audib5fan, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person

Welldone @q5man. Mini looks absolutely mint / let's hope missus keeps it that way

Reactions: Audib5fan, Jassyo06 and NevMan
@Tashfeen , thanks mate. Nice of you too say so. Still learning this detailing stuff , it's never ending. Seeing improvements though, been watching YouTube a lot..........

Reactions: Audib5fan, Jassyo06 and V6_Man
@Tashfeen , thanks mate. Nice of you too say so. Still learning this detailing stuff , it's never ending. Seeing improvements though, been watching YouTube a lot..........

It's addictive mate especially if you have a dark coloured car and trust me it gets worse . This is exactly why I didn't want to buy a darker car as I knew I'll end up washing it every week. Since I have bought the A3 I have washed it 4-5 times in the last 2 months. S4 on he other hand was washed almost 5 weeks ago and she still looks clean. Looking at getting a blow-dryer for the water from between sills, front rear lights and all the little nooks and crannies. Hate these water marks

Ah the water marks.. .. Yep feel your pain there. We're planning on going for either an S3 / RS3 in a couple of years, finance to finish etc. Will definitely be wiser on colour choice .... Lol

Very nice scotty, such a rewarding colour...when clean. That is some shift you put in there. Hope you had a few afterwards.

Reactions: Scotty75, Audib5fan and Jassyo06
Welldone @q5man. Mini looks absolutely mint / let's hope missus keeps it that way

Thanks. She drives and I keep clean ‍♂️. Much easier colour to keep clean / not show dirt, than my Mythos Black

Reactions: Audib5fan and Jassyo06

****** stunning mate.. .... @q5man that's how a black car should look lol

Reactions: NevMan, Scotty75 and Audib5fan
Used the Gyeon medium wheel brush for the first time and my first impression on removal from its bag where correct,its PANTS/GUFF/WASTE OF FRICKIN MONEY...................it's got virtually no pile to it,its comparable to a cob of corn on a stick....very similar indeed..............after washing virtually 4 clean wheels it looks ****** avoid like the plague
Gyeon Bathe is a exqusite shampoo....luvly jubbly bubbly,it's 3 years since l last used this awesome shampoo best l have ever used......but its not perfect....it's quite a strong shampoo very deep cleaning indeed,what ever coating you've got on yer paint wont last as long using this over other shampoo's Gtechniq Angelwax,Chemical Guys...etc etc

If you don’t want the brush I will take it as a gift

Reactions: Scotty75
Very nice scotty, such a rewarding colour...when clean. That is some shift you put in there. Hope you had a few afterwards.

Thanks @q5man, it was quite a shift and yes I certainly did tuck into a couple of well earned beers. Black may be a pain to keep clean but it's definitely worth it.
****** stunning mate.. .... @q5man that's how a black car should look lol
Thanks @jassyo06 . She does look nice I must admit..... Can't be going to London in a dirty Audi lol.

Tell you what though, the Bilberry Wax is rather ****** nice stuff. The Auto Finesse on the other hand... Good product but I paid £12 for a bottle yesterday and the fiddly spray trigger on the top of the bottle is broken already. Going to email them today, it's not good enough at that price.

Reactions: Audib5fan