1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Bristle Hound Nov 29, 2015

1. AndrewW

AndrewW Active Member Team Sprint Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group S tronic

Really like the look of the 6 product multi-pack, wish I had spotted this before I put an order in with Slims! I’ll give you a shout next time.

THQuattro and X3man like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. THQuattro

THQuattro Site Sponsor Site Sponsor Team Avus Silver Team Panther Team V8 Team V6 Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Team Silver S-line owners group Audi RS4 Audi S4 saloon Audi A4 quattro Audi Cabriolet Owner Group Manual

Ok
    No problem

4. A4A4

A4A4 Owner of a Shiny Daytona

Arrived today.

IMG_20190930_190029.jpg

AndrewW and THQuattro like this.
  5. Bulldog

Bulldog Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver S-line owners group TDi Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I watched a forensic detailing vid on this earlier today. Might get some to try on my van.

6. A4A4

A4A4 Owner of a Shiny Daytona

Yet to try it out , but do like the idea of using these type of products to aid the drying process of the wash. Worst part of the routine for me.

If it gives it a shine, a bonus!

Been using the Sonax Xtreme Spray & Protect which acts similar and had great results from it. But this TW dry & shine is a lot cheaper, so had to give it a bash.

7. SPIKE_S3

SPIKE_S3 Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Team Daytona

16AC79EA-D0D0-49B7-AE9A-9049AADBEEEF.jpeg

8. AndrewW

I've been told to try this by someone who watched the Forensic Detailing video on it too. £5 delivered on CarParts4Less (After discount code) if anyone's wanting to try, they're also pretty untouchable for Poorboys at the moment but you have to search via google as their website doesn't seem to search the car care products...

9. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

Got mine for less than a fiver just over a week ago. There’s an 18% discount code if you google it on top of the 50% sales prices they had. Bargain if you ask me and way cheaper than carpro hydro stuff which is what i normally use for spray on type wax/sealants. Will see how durable it is over time as I found the hydro stuff lasting a good few months.

10. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! S3 Saloon Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue

Av got this make sure you use a sponge applicator to apply evenly and a lint free cloth to buff off leaving no fluff

SPIKE_S3 likes this.
  11. SPIKE_S3

Thanks :icon thumright:. Got it on the back off your recommendation!

jassyo06 likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator X3 M-Sport Artic White

Got back from another break in the 'van to find these 2 thro' the letter box

[​IMG]

2 spare mesh thingys for the SF lance
    Cost? £1.34 delivered thro AliExpress
    I cleaned my current mesh with vinegar as per @Scotty75 info but haven't had a chance to use it yet as we have been away

Even managed to order a new car yesterday to replace the A4 Avant
    Give you all a clue -

[​IMG]

:D

Jcbmally, V6_Man, X3man and 1 other person like this.
  14. Bulldog

Bulldog Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver S-line owners group TDi Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Jcbmally, X3man and Bristle Hound like this.
  15. Bristle Hound

16. SPIKE_S3

It must be a drug dealer spec X3 then?

Jcbmally, X3man and Bristle Hound like this.
  17. Bristle Hound

Lol :D
    Closer ... :whistle2:

New Car post is now on ASN :D

X3man likes this.
  18. Adam14

Adam14 Well-Known Member Team Glacier Team V6 Audi S5 Coupe

How long you had the A4 then? 6 months? Quicker than me swapping

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

X3man and Bristle Hound like this.
  19. Bristle Hound

@Adam14 - Yup. Dead right 6 months
    'Hoping' to keep the new one for at least 5 years - we shall see lol

20. X3man

X3man Well known member Gold Supporter X3 M40i Carbon Black

New PW to replace expired K5, with 6 year warranty

[​IMG]

Jimbob76, Jcbmally, V6_Man and 6 others like this.
  21. jassyo06

Dont need nowt better for general use and cleaning yer car mate

Jcbmally and X3man like this.
  22. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group saloon Audi A4

Just had another 5l of citrus juice prewash delivered today, had to use my points up with in2detailing otherwise they would have expired tomorrow...

X3man and Bristle Hound like this.
  23. V6_Man

V6_Man Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Team Scuba Audi S4 Audi A3 quattro Black Edition

BH. How did I miss this post . Where is the new car post, I can fit it

Bristle Hound and X3man like this.
  24. X3man

Jcbmally, V6_Man and Bristle Hound like this.
  25. Bristle Hound

Another member to the 'ASN Karcher K4 Club' lol
    Good choice @X3man :thumbs up:
    @V6_Man - Nev beat me to it lol
    I'm the 3rd ASN member after Nev & @Jcbmally to jump ship to a X3

X3man, Jcbmally and V6_Man like this.
  26. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left. X3 M-Sport Glacier Silver

AND I have a karcher pressure washer too

V6_Man, X3man and Bristle Hound like this.
  27. AndrewW

Well it took a month and 5 days but my whole £5 worth of applicator pads finally arrived today!

F1B96E78-BAE6-4C7E-BF51-8FEF6E28489A.jpeg

24 foam applicator pads and 10 microfibre pads

Pook, V6_Man, AlS3BE and 5 others like this.
  28. Jimbob76

Jimbob76 Roof Rails Enthusiast Sportback Team Daytona Gold Supporter Team Thule Audi S3 Black Edition

Had my eye on these for a while, but they were too dear at RRP. Bored on the train back from London today I spotted they’re 25% off with 5 months interest free credit on Amazon, with free Prime delivery tomorrow.

With that deal I won’t notice I’ve bought ‘em. Slightly ridiculous luxury, but Sennheiser gear is top notch - the audio is always very well balanced and true (and doesn’t have artificially tweaked/boosted bass like you get with Bose or Beats gear). Had a small spot bonus from work today and a couple of beers this evening so pulled the trigger before I thought about it too much.

Looking forward to a bit of podcast action and music whilst getting settled into a decent 3 hour detailing session. And much easier to ignore ‘helpful’ passer-by comments such as “careful, you’ll wash the paint off”, or “you can do mine next if you like” :thumbs up: Don’t tell the missus :whistle2:

0048B338-3C28-474E-9DC7-D9B3BFFDE310.jpeg

THQuattro, V6_Man, AlS3BE and 2 others like this.
  29. Jimbob76

Jimbob76 Roof Rails Enthusiast Sportback Team Daytona Gold Supporter Team Thule Audi S3 Black Edition

Well done that man. That’s a quick flip on the A4 Avant though! The new X3 is about the only SUV out there that does interest me - tidy looking motor mate. Will check out your new car post.

The autumn detailing order went in today. I was proud of myself, only a couple of ‘chemicals’ in the order (must use up what’s on my shelf, so I resisted getting stuff I’d like but don’t need), the rest were ‘tools’...

92EC99E6-D1D4-4137-93E2-11B0CC2051D2.jpeg

- Kwazar spray bottle as it has a weighted ‘pendulum’ at the bottom on the tube that goes into the bottle, so if you hold it sideways it’ll still spray and not ‘stall’ - solves a frustration with the current bottle I use for Surfex HD (for cleaning tyres, engine bay etc).

- Rag company applicator sponge. For levelling off QD/paint sealant before buffing. Proper plush microfibre sponge, not terry cloth. Kinder to paint.

- MF Madness Incredipad - bought a cheaper copy of this 18 months ago, but it’s had its day now and this will be better. I already have their wheel brush (flat version is best for the S3), and their wheel mitt - both ace quality. Went for pad instead of mitt as prefer to be able to easily flip the pad and use the other side - fewer trips back to the buckets.

- Detail Factory Brush - for badges/emblems/window seals/grilles/door handles/all the fiddly bits etc - softest and best brush out there. Kinder to paint than a boars’ hair brush.

- Colourlock Leathershield. Top anti-friction coating for your leather. I’ve taken to using this a lot more frequently recently - a little bit on the drivers seat every week (takes seconds) - confident this will keep the drivers leather in tip-top shape for a LOT longer.

- Bilt Hamber Auto Foam. ‘Nuff said. The best pre-wash snow foam out there IMO. You get best results (by far), by mixing it with hot water (more foam this way). It’s not the snowiest of ‘show’ foams, but it does clean the best.

That should do me for a while...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  30. jassyo06

The incredipad is Guff mate poor quality and it's a 70/30 mix not a 80/20 like their mitts so not so kind to paint,the stitching burst on mine's after a couple of months....ultimate finish give them away in their promotions otherwise some good products....you've got there although I still don't rate bilt hamber snow foam.....its cheap with average performance actually used it today coz l had nowt else to use.....

Jimbob76 likes this.
  31. Jimbob76

Love your comments mate :friends:Gonna disagree with ye on the snow foam review and will reserve judgement on the rest. Will be a pity if they’ve scrimped ont’ Incredipad quality vs their other products, which I rate...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    V6_Man and Bristle Hound like this.
  32. Jimbob76

Ok, let’s get to the bottom of this anti BH Auto Foam thing. I’m just curious as I really rate it. I’ve tried other snow foams - but this is the one I keep coming back to.

In my experience it does a great job as a pre-wash, without stripping your LSP. Other foams are either more caustic (so will clean well, but take your LSP with it), or crazily foamy (show foams) for 3x the price but entirely ineffectual.

BH Auto Foam just resets the base of what you’ve put down before it, without killing that base.

What are you not liking @jassyo06 ? Not trying to be a ****, just interested in your genuine opinion as to why you don’t like it pal...

What are you using and why exactly is it better?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019 at 12:06 AM
    V6_Man, Bristle Hound and X3man like this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. X3man

I agree with you mate, BH Autofoam it took top stuff. Just came back from a weekend down in Devon, X3 was filthy from rain, sand, grass and general crud.

Didn’t have time to do a whole wash, so S/F and rinse, car is pretty clean and no sign of crud . Incredipad- have had one for over 18 months, still working and looking as new

V6_Man, Jimbob76 and Bristle Hound like this.
  35. X3man

A little order, and thanks @Jimbob76 for the brush post, been meaning to get one for ages for exterior badges etc.
    Never tried Clarity before, but as I love other Angelwax stuff, thought I would give it a go.
    I have plenty autofoam and other stuff for winter, such as pre-wash, Korrosol etc:

upload_2019-10-14_11-0-57.png

Bristle Hound, Jimbob76 and jassyo06 like this.
  36. Adam14

Adam14 Well-Known Member Team Glacier Team V6 Audi S5 Coupe

Detail factory are the mutts nuts of brushes!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

X3man and Jimbob76 like this.
  37. Bristle Hound

@Jimbob76 - Thanks mate
    6 months ownership for the A4 Avant lol

Nice haul of detailing kit buddy. You’ve got me thinking ;)

X3man likes this.
  38. Bristle Hound

@Jimbob76 @X3man @jassyo06 - Which Colourlock Leathershield product(s) are you fella’s buying?
    There’s a kit on Amazon for £30
    Already got a Svissvax brush

Asking for a friend

39. Jimbob76

Colourlock is the brand, Leather shield is the product pal. It’s an anti-friction coating that helps to prevent wear and also acts as a barrier against dye transfer from jeans etc. It’s this one...
    https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/collections/colourlock/products/colourlock-leather-shield-150ml

To clean leather I use Valet Pro Leather Soap and the Valet Pro Leather Brush - both excellent.

Hope this helps mate.

V6_Man, Bristle Hound and X3man like this.
  40. X3man

+1 on this stuff, results below (keeps nice OEM look)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Jcbmally, Jimbob76 and Bristle Hound like this.
  41. Bristle Hound

@Jimbob76 @X3man - Thanks guys :thumbs up:

Jimbob76 and X3man like this.
  42. Jimbob76

No problem pal. I have rotor grey leather - less forgiving than black, but determined to keep on top of it!

6BE7764E-38F8-41AC-99AA-803BCE0A3777.jpeg

Attached Files:

Jcbmally, SPIKE_S3, V6_Man and 4 others like this.
  43. Jimbob76

Nice interior that mate - don't envy you that gloss piano black centre console though. Best products for a scratch free finish on that are Unicorn's Breath and Fairy Wings :blink:

Bristle Hound and X3man like this.