Vinyl Stick on Number Plates for MOT - Where?

W55LSY

Reaction score
So i failed MOT as there's no gap on provate plate (yeah I know - I forgot). Anyway, they said just get some vinyl number plate 'stickers' , whack them on at the testing station and all good.

Where can buy something like this?? Obviously they need to be within DVLA regulation. I'm thinking i'll have to go to a sign writers / decal supplier??

eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah i've looked on there but 1) i don't have time and 2) I do not trust anything i've seen on there to actually provide me with what I need

If its only the ftont plate just buy 1 plate

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

For the sake of 33mm, I'd have just stuck with W5 5LSY, not worth the £100 fine (if a copper fancies it) or MOT failure history on the car, just because its more aesthetically pleasing. I mean, it is your car and you can do what you like but I just couldn't be *****. I'd just get plates made up, can always swap over etc.

Reactions: nluk100
For the sake of 33mm, I'd have just stuck with W5 5LSY, not worth the £100 fine (if a copper fancies it) or MOT failure history on the car, just because its more aesthetically pleasing. I mean, it is your car and you can do what you like but I just couldn't be *****. I'd just get plates made up, can always swap over etc.
In 8 years of having that plate I’ve never had a fail or police ever notice it / comment

Reactions: BIFCAIDS
If its only the ftont plate just buy 1 plate

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I’ve bought a basic set for £16. At least I have some spares now

Reactions: ch1z64 and BIFCAIDS
In 8 years of having that plate I’ve never had a fail or police ever notice it / comment
However, it has just failed. So, next week your driving along and get the old blues and twos and get done for the plate, you just never know do you. Seeing as I've recently just been looking to buy a car, the amount of cars that have had advisories due to there being an undertray on a car is unreal... its not the 90's anymore! 100% of cars on the road these days are sold with them, how can it been an advisory? blows my mind.

MOT tester is clearly more on the ball than the tester from the last 8 years, unfortunately enough for you.

Those advisories won’t be specifically for the under tray, but because what is above it can’t be inspected as parts cannot be removed during the test. It’s just poor wording on the testers part.

Reactions: BIFCAIDS
Those advisories won’t be specifically for the under tray, but because what is above it can’t be inspected as parts cannot be removed during the test. It’s just poor wording on the testers part.
Oh I know that it won't be for the actual undertray itself, as you say its the poor wording. Infuriates me.

Reactions: abmat