VCDS Fault Code Won't Clear

Martin Gallimore

Reaction score
Hi,
Don't know if this has been covered before but... I have a error code that I cannot shift it was on the car when I bought it and now want to clear it, I have read it may be due to the SRI Reset not been done correctly so I used the (usa only) as per the surgestion and I still can't clear it.

Attachments

• 20210730_201103~01.jpg
    20210730_201103~01.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 227
  • 20210730_195140~01.jpg
    20210730_195140~01.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 166
Hi,
Don't know if this has been covered before but... I have a error code that I cannot shift it was on the car when I bought it and now want to clear it, I have read it may be due to the SRI Reset not been done correctly so I used the (usa only) as per the surgestion and I still can't clear it.

Usually this fault comes in when someone has used a cheap obd mileage correction tool. Not saying this is the case here but it’s the only time I’ve come across it personally. If your unsure you can read out the mileage of the engine ecu with Vcds, I think it’s in functions of something on the main screen. It’s possible that the instrument cluster has developed this fault however I’ve also not known it to cause any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its possible a rewrite of the firmware will fix it, but the unit needs stripping down, needs to be on a bench, I have a colleague who does this for me when clients require, whatsapp if of interest.