1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Tyres....

Bazgti Nov 5, 2019

1. Bazgti

Bazgti Registered User

Evening everyone,

This question has probably been asked a million times and id had a go at searching through previous posts but nothing recent or definitive.

Whats are you all using? Why? And how do you find them?

My RS3 8P has Kumho Ecsta Le sports on and are dreadful. Theyre really starting to struggle for traction in a straight line and particularly cornering. I had the Haldex pump and filter changed in March, so i assume it isnt that and must therefore be the tyre.

I believe theyre 235/35 front and 225/35 on the back. Conti Sport Contact 6 are held in high regard on evo magazine etc and £511 for 4 on Asda tyres. So im thinking maybe these.

Any support, opinions and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. 45bvtc

45bvtc The Older I Get The Better I Was Supporter Gold Supporter

19” x 8J ‘5-arm Rotor’ design titanium finish alloy wheels with 235/35 tyres front and 225/35 tyres rear like in the RS3 Pricing and Specification Guide I sent you.

BAZgti tyre sizes.JPG

The 8P RS3 was supplied with Continentals but I changed mine @ 7500 miles to Michelin Super Sports and 235/35 front and rear. The current Michelin equivalent is the Pilot Sport 4S and that has good reports/feedback.

PS next time post in the 8P RS3 section, James, as I missed your question and would have answered a lot earlier, maybe the 5th November even, lol... :readit:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  4. Gazwould

Gazwould Registered User

Contact 6 don't wear faster than most , look at Michelin .

5. Evil Derboy

Evil Derboy Registered User

Michelin PilotSport 4S. As good as PilotSuperSports in the dry but much better in the wet.

Leevr likes this.
  6. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Man Gold Supporter

Tyres are so subjective; what suits one driver won't suit another. My preference is Dunlop Sport Maxx RT.

7. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Moderator Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter

My preferred brand has generally always been Michelin but the S3 came with P Zero and I replaced them like for like a couple of months ago based on decent wear and great rim protection.

My dealership also price matches against Black Circles and Kwikfit for me.