Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

all I know is .... the LED lights on my car are spot on and thats all I'm concerned about :sunglasses:
visually they look ace and in use I am more than happy with their performance :yes:
compared to the LED lights on our TT, they are very comparable and both equally excellent !

Reactions: Bristle Hound, pburv, Simon L and 2 others
Not sure how Audi's design team missed this but I've finished things off for them............................................:whistle2:

clown%20face_zpsvlekz9cg.jpg

Reactions: richinsoton, glospete, S3 Turbo and 8 others
You forgot the eyelashes :p

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Blackwhite, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
the front end looks very 'plasticky' in this photo ? ...

Audi A3 Facelift 8V im Test Sitzprobe 1200x800 03626cbf8269788f

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Simon L
Not quite sure what makes the front look 'plasticky'. Looks the same as the rest of the car to me.
At least the colour looks better than the common black or white

The horizontal lines on the grille ... they look plasticky to me ... if you zoom in on it !

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
The rear wheel must be the same one photoshopped on all the cars with them alloys , it appears to have a wider than the rest set of spokes , and is on them all , looks stupid ! at 9 o'clock on this one ...

This how an Audi S3 should look from the front....forget what the front bumpers attached too...just concentrate on the headlamps and grill
Evil tts 2
Evil tts

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Dave-o, Pook and 4 others
Not sure how Audi's design team missed this but I've finished things off for them............................................:whistle2:

clown%20face_zpsvlekz9cg.jpg
@Simon L - Naughty, but very funny!
PMSL

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Front similar to TT would look much better.

Not a fan of the jagged lights at all although like the new indicators.

Hopefully some good new wheel options and more bits included as standard.

May have to push myself into a TT...

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Simon L
I wanna order now! When can we order new facelift?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
This how an Audi S3 should look from the front....forget what the front bumpers attached too...just concentrate on the headlamps and grillView attachment 88775 View attachment 88776

that looks great mate.

love the darkened alloys, mirrors, grill and roof ....... very cool !

& agree, the revised S3 should have had similar front end styling :yes:

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
that looks great mate.

love the darkened alloys, mirrors, grill and roof ....... very cool !

& agree, the revised S3 should have had similar front end styling :yes:

Stunning TTS is it not mate? But it has me slightly confused as it says,like it looks it's got a black styling package is it from Audi though? I will enquire lol

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and Rob2k68
Stunning TTS is it not mate? But it has me slightly confused as it says,like it looks it's got a black styling package is it from Audi though? I will enquire lol

I think the previous owner has done all the revisions himeself and then Audi have generalised these mods as BSP lol.

I would drop the black roof, but like all the other 'darkened' mods.

Reactions: Simon L, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
I think the previous owner has done all the revisions himeself and then Audi have generalised these mods as BSP lol.

I would drop the black roof, but like all the other 'darkened' mods.

It's a Audi demonstrator with just 95 miles on the clock no ex owner to speak of mate that's where it gets confusing lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Simon L, pburv and Rob2k68
It's a Audi demonstrator with just 95 miles on the clock no ex owner to speak of mate that's where it gets confusing lol

ah right, yeah that is VERY confusing then :blink:

yeah seen it now on the site and most unusual ???

Last edited:
Reactions: Simon L, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Reactions: Simon L, pburv and Snake Pliskin
Just waiting for the call from my contact at the dealer. Whenever there's anything new he gives me a courtesy call "to see how things are going - oh and you might be interested to know that this month we're running a new promotion on...." It'll be interesting to see whether the facelift merits a courtesy call.

As it happens, his call might not be wasted. We've just returned from a holiday in the States and 2 weeks driving around in automatics, plus the good things I've read about the S-tronic on here, has made me think quite seriously about an S-tronic next time. Plus I've had time to reflect on the options I wish I'd had on my current 8V, so the right deal on a facelift model might find a warm reception. But I won't be phoning him...

Reactions: pburv
It seems the A3 has gone on sale in Germany, albeit without the pricing information, brochures or configurator being online, so it's more of a blind pre-order. News is that the smaller engines are available to order immediately, larger engines (over 150ps) being available late may / June and the S3 being shipped in September...

Orders for smaller engines A3's to ship in July.

This is all from a German source so is relative to them, but we should only be a day or two behind. Problem is that the restrictions are factory set, so no S3 til September if this information is correct! Sorry.

Oh and there seems to be a delay on the S-Tronic models, so could be Manual only for the time being.

Reactions: Gazjs
Specs and prices are to be released next week.

If the S3 S-Tronic is delayed until the end of the year looks like I will have to go back to the Golf R :grumpy:

If the S3 S-Tronic is delayed until the end of the year looks like I will have to go back to the Golf R :grumpy:
Nooooo!... Just kidding. I,m sure the R is almost as good as the S3....:box:

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
Should get the S3 just in time for the winter then! I hope those rumours about the timelines are wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or a pfl s3 ?

No details yet on the Audi Germany website either.

It seems the A3 has gone on sale in Germany, albeit without the pricing information, brochures or configurator being online, so it's more of a blind pre-order. News is that the smaller engines are available to order immediately, larger engines (over 150ps) being available late may / June and the S3 being shipped in September...

Orders for smaller engines A3's to ship in July.

This is all from a German source so is relative to them, but we should only be a day or two behind. Problem is that the restrictions are factory set, so no S3 til September if this information is correct! Sorry.

Oh and there seems to be a delay on the S-Tronic models, so could be Manual only for the time being.

These incessant delays are becoming extremely irritating. I ordered this car in February, but there was a mistake in the configuration so the car I ordered (that is today being offloaded at port for shipment to my dealer) is the wrong spec. Because of the facelift, I have to wait until September (if I'm lucky) to get a new one?

A seven month lead time for a mass produced three door hatch is ****** preposterous.

Reactions: Soulboy, Scottyg and veeeight
These incessant delays are becoming extremely irritating. I ordered this car in February, but there was a mistake in the configuration so the car I ordered (that is today being offloaded at port for shipment to my dealer) is the wrong spec. Because of the facelift, I have to wait until September (if I'm lucky) to get a new one?

A seven month lead time for a mass produced three door hatch is ****** preposterous.

Totally agree. I tried ordering a new build VW last year and eventually gave up on the order after 5 months without even a build date. Their production planning and supply chain management is utterly appalling. I'll never again buy a car that doesn't already exist. Never.

Ill just leave this here. All in German, but seems to make some comparisons to the different levels of spec. May not even be relevant to us (UK Market), but i guess we will see very soon.

Attachments

• A3 stuff.pdf
    943.6 KB · Views: 313
All you peeps who are dying for a FL car... Just visit an Audi showroom sure they will sell one off the showroom floor or a in stock model far far quicker than a individual factory order that's what I would do

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
All you peeps who are dying for a FL car... Just visit an Audi showroom sure they will sell one off the showroom floor or a in stock model far far quicker than a individual factory order that's what I would do

Yer like an apex predator stalking those showrooms mate lol.......................come on give us a stock run down see ye can't tempt some of our newer members with itchy trigger fingers............ :whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Yer like an apex predator stalking those showrooms mate lol.......................come on give us a stock run down see ye can't tempt some of our newer members with itchy trigger fingers............ :whistle2:

It's a common knowledge the first facelift car's will land in a Audi showroom each showroom/dealerships will receive stock models and high spec demonstrators

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L