Suggestions please! Remapping Audi A4 B7 2.0 Tdi - Max Torque Multitronic Gearbox (GYJ) can handle

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Need some suggestion / evidence, please!

My B7, which is a daily is a 2.0 Tdi (140bhp), with a BRE engine, has 68k on the clock and comes with a multitronic gearbox (code GYJ).

I want to stage 1 remap the car including egr deleted and mapped out. I have been googling for sometime now as well as looked here on the forum but couldn’t find any info on what is the max torque this gearbox can handle.

• Is there anyone on the forum who has a B7 with similar gearbox and if they have did they remap theirs.
  • Are their any issues they've come across.
  • What is the maximum torque this gearbox can handle
  • Is it safe to remap with this gearbox.

Any info/help/suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tash

Last edited:
I have a 2.0T FSI with multitronic box and wondered the same thing... emailed Revo about it and got the following reply:

Thank you for your enquiry.

We do offer a specific file for Multitronic cars which has a softer torque delivery to help ease the strain on the gearbox (they are a known weakness)

This software will give similar peak gains to what is shown on the website but changes the way the torque is delivered.

I imagine it'll be similar on the tdi, same peak power but less of a sudden kick up the **** as it comes on boost.

Reactions: V6_Man
I have a 2.0T FSI with multitronic box and wondered the same thing... emailed Revo about it and got the following reply:

I imagine it'll be similar on the tdi, same peak power but less of a sudden kick up the **** as it comes on boost.

Cheers @LawrenceH APR's website also suggest the max torque of 287nm on a 2.0 tdi 140 bhp however, I believe it is for manual boxes. I haven't actually called APR as I am not too sure if I want to go ahead with their map. I will call Revo though and find out their views for a diesel.