1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange knocking noise, on right hand down once reverse

Vex182 Sep 16, 2018

1. Vex182

Vex182 1x S3 and 3x Fiestas.

Good afternoon,

My S3 has developed a odd knock. Say you are reversing into a car park space, wheels pointing to the right, about 1/2 lock. Something then clunks and you can feel it just on the steering. All suspension is new OEM from TPS in the last 6 months. Checked that the ball joints, wishbones, arb, drop links, subframe, etc. is all tight, no issues I can find with the top mounts or bearings. Wondering if it’s possibly a issue with a lower ball joint or a track rod end? Car drivers really tight as you would expect having only done 1,200ish miles since all of this was replaced. Can’t replicate in normal driving or when the car is raised. Cheers.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. imz

imz Member

I have a very similar issue only happens on taking off and have had similar work done but issue not resolved.

Watching this closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Method

Method Member

Hi. I have the same problem long time ago. Somebody said me its should be the steering rack. So i take it out and they renew it. After i changed the whole swing arm and the stabilizer rod. New suspension and other things. There are only two things left. The anti-roll bar silents and the driveshaft. It is most likely the driveshaft causing the problem, but im still not sure about it. Everything else is new so there is a high chance.

Az én iPhone készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével