Stage 2+ Should I?

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Right guys, I love my car and its performance is mind blowing, however I can't decide if I should go to Stage 2+ as I already have the required HPFP, so just need the software and DP.

I'm wondering that the car might lose some everyday drivability, and if the jump from S1 to S2+ is as big as standard to S1? Can anyone offer advice? I don't want to spend the money and then be dissapointed. So, just how good is S2+ and what are the downsides?

Comments please...

:)

YES

I can't tell you how good S2+ is.

It's almost like the difference between OEM and S1.

I was chatting to Revo's sales manager and we both agreed S2+ is what the 2.0T was made for. It's just monumental.

If only the clutch could stand up to it the whole proposition would be a match made in heaven, but you must budget for a clutch upgrade at some point, and consider doing DMF and thrust bearing whilst you are there to be belt & braces.

I was hoping you would say that mate! I wont have any clutch issues as well :):)

ahhhh, DSG.

Then it is your destiny.....

darthvader.jpg

Reactions: Paullie
Stage 2+ is a must for any S3 IMO mine is so quiet when driving under 2500 rpm round town then it turns in to a monster when I boot it .

O no, more money! :racer:

Cheers guys

Reactions: Kelza
You came here asking if going Stage 2+ was a good idea. So what other answers were you expecting just out of interest? lol

Yes from me too. Yes I know I haven't got it, and yes I can't comment on what the drivability is like.... but Yes.

You came here asking if going Stage 2+ was a good idea. So what other answers were you expecting just out of interest? lol

Yes from me too. Yes I know I haven't got it, and yes I can't comment on what the drivability is like.... but Yes.

lol, good point. Maybe no, its crap and moves all the power up the rev range and leave a big flat spot? But I didn't think so!! :)

Ive just had the Revo Stg 2+ on my S3. I fitted the Revo Cooler, ITG Intake, APR FP and Full Miltek decat system.
Its night and day a better car, pretty quick and still returned 35 mpg on a recent trip to Scotland.
I run a tuning company specializing in Mitsubishi Evos so i have a good feel for a quick car and its quick ;)

...clutch upgrade at some point, and consider doing DMF and thrust bearing whilst you are there to be belt & braces.

I am probably getting my clutch + DMF done soon. What is the benefit of a new thrust bearing and how much does it cost?

I have the dual mass sachs cheese not sure if i will fit it may go single mass route...

Stg2+ is definitely worthwhile and gets the maximum out of the car without going to big turbos and all the associated parts.

Do make sure you've sorted the brakes,suspension and other areas as well before doing this.

I am probably getting my clutch + DMF done soon. What is the benefit of a new thrust bearing and how much does it cost?

It's not that expensive, but whilst the gearbox is off and the work is being done I have been told it's worth doing as with age they do deteriorate. Not sure on price off the top of my head, but I'll look into it. Now I've scratched my head for a minute I mean clutch release bearing, not thrust bearing.... doh.

Part #: 0A5141671F about £60+VAT

Foolish not to do it if you have 90% of the bits. Sorts the engine out nicely....

How is your clutch doing with the S2+?

firstly doing the clutch without the thrust bearing would be very false economy full stop.

What is the most miles anyone here has done on stg2+ ??

firstly doing the clutch without the thrust bearing would be very false economy full stop.

What is the most miles anyone here has done on stg2+ ??

Guy with a Mk5 GTi (on forum MkVGolfGTi) had got to 100k and car was still going (Steve I think his name was). Worth putting a catch can on when you do it as any excess build up of **** is better off out than in!

How is your clutch doing with the S2+?

Funny you should say that... It's started to slip! lol
Originally, I put 7K on the OEM clutch (2K was stage2+) Swapped it out for a Sachs and OEM flywheel that's been going for between 6-7K.
My car is a bit different to others, mine is used 95% at weekends, and it has a hard life. I have use of other cars for shopping, long distance etc so it's probably not a fair example. The S3 gets driven hard!
I'm going to stick another clutch and flywheel in when I pull my finger out and book it in. Although, I'm probably going to go down the Loba route and see how long it lasts.
I know of others at 15K on the Sachs with no issues, I've not heard of anyone with issues on the s-tronic box and S2+.

Funny you should say that... It's started to slip! lol
Originally, I put 7K on the OEM clutch (2K was stage2+) Swapped it out for a Sachs and OEM flywheel that's been going for between 6-7K.
My car is a bit different to others, mine is used 95% at weekends, and it has a hard life. I have use of other cars for shopping, long distance etc so it's probably not a fair example. The S3 gets driven hard!
I'm going to stick another clutch and flywheel in when I pull my finger out and book it in. Although, I'm probably going to go down the Loba route and see how long it lasts.
I know of others at 15K on the Sachs with no issues, I've not heard of anyone with issues on the s-tronic box and S2+.

Interesting. Revo are suggesting I go for a Spec clutch, but never heard of them and don't know what to expect with respect to day to day drivability.

Mine is a daily driver and gets driven mostly carefully on motorways other than if I find a good stretch of open road (or going looking for one).

If I paid that kind of cash I'd expect more than 7k, so even if it means the pedal is slightly heavier I may have to choose something else.Beginning to wish I'd specced DSG now!

Thanks for the feedback.