Special Offer, Unicorn Personal Flasher Android based self tune system

Ok I'll try and do some logs later and send you a file.

That would be really useful, thanks :)

Ok thanks. Could you let me know how your stage 2+ mapping compares with revo in terms of power/torque.

Ultimately no real difference as we are all working with the same hardware and want to get as much out of the car as possible on this spec, without running too hot etc. Last one I had did 355bhp on a dyno dynamics dyno. A car I mapped also hold the B7 TFSI 1/4 mile record for a K04 powered car too :)

Rick

Currently, gearbox maps aren't supported sadly. Gearbox torque limiters aren't a problem, but we can't change shift points etc without having access to the car. CEL for cat deletes etc isn't an issue - it will be coded out as needed :)

Rick
Ok rick I got my Bcs turbo back sport exhaust with 200 cel sport cat, today fitting Thursday I have a revo cai fitted could these be taking into account when doing a stage1 map for me, also cel mapped out and set up for shell v power would be great. I be looking for a good strong power stage1 map, how aggressive is your compared to a revo stage1

Have you got your cable, how far down the line are now to getting the map ?

Dave
I'll have the cable on me by tomorrow. As it was stuck in customs for 2 days!

Rick did you receive my email?

I'll have the cable on me by tomorrow. As it was stuck in customs for 2 days!

Rick did you receive my email?
Sounds good I'm just waiting for rick to get back to me and I think I will be placing an order.

Ok rick I got my Bcs turbo back sport exhaust with 200 cel sport cat, today fitting Thursday I have a revo cai fitted could these be taking into account when doing a stage1 map for me, also cel mapped out and set up for shell v power would be great. I be looking for a good strong power stage1 map, how aggressive is your compared to a revo stage1

You will get two maps, one aggressive and one more linear. CEL is no problem. The spec you have isn't really stage 1 anymore, but I can map to suit.

Rick

You will get two maps, one aggressive and one more linear. CEL is no problem. The spec you have isn't really stage 1 anymore, but I can map to suit.

Rick
Ok Will call you tomorrow to arrange , what bhp you think I would have.

What's best time to call

Sorry for the delay guys.
First of all I would like to thank Rick@Unicorn for providing me with everything I needed to get my S3 moving!

The Android flasher cable is very handy and is tiny! You can fit it in any place. The android application is very straight forward. You first have to input your information (name, email,etc) then register your car to the cable, after registering the car it pulls your stock map and automatically sends to Rick. By the time Rick receive it you'll be notified by an email that the stock file has been delivered to your tuner and you'll be notified by an email when the modified file is ready to download and flash.
The application shows 5 different file setups. One would be the stock tune, and others Rick will upload them.
When Rick finish doing his magic to the stock tune and it's ready to be flashed. You simply receive an email saying that your (file name) is ready for download and flashing.
As soon as you connect your android mobile to the android flasher cable it will automatically sync the file database with Rick and download the modified tune. Then all you have to do is choose the file you want to flash and wait till the ECU writing/flashing is complete.

Secondly Rick is a great guy to deal with, and his tuning skills are outstanding. I am amazed of the difference how the car drives/pulls compared to my previous custom tune (different tuner) while running same fuel and hardware.

The car now pulls really hard in 1st, 2nd and 3rd! And it keeps pulling till redline!

The amount of logging he data he asks for makes me feel really confident in my car tune! As he keeps modifying the tune till he can get as much power while retaining all the safe limits of the engine.
Each night he almost sent me 3-4 files after modifying each and every one!

I am a very very satisfied customer, and will be looking forward to see how my car will end up after I get all my parts/upgrades sorted out.

Forgot to note that Rick also suggests/recommends what will be needed to be installed/upgraded to gain more constant power.

Rick BIG THUMBS up to you my man!

And a big thanks goes to all of the guy's that recommended Rick to me!

Edit: Sorry for the long post

Reactions: desertstorm, Bramley, leshkin and 1 other person
If you need to do a VCDS run in the future, I'm not too far away and happy to help to do a few logging runs using my cable.
Where abouts are you ? Could help me right out.

Dave

So, Rick has got me the initial stg1 map sorted and I have to say, I like.... Very much! Very noticeable difference in mid-range when compared to the previous map from Superchips that came with the car when I bought it.

The cable and app are extremely easy to use and effectively give you the option of switching between a maximum of 5 different maps, with one option being reserved for your original software.

Now, those extra mods can't come soon enough, after which more software tunnage is sure to follow!

Thanks Rick!

Reactions: Mario8P
So, Rick has got me the initial stg1 map sorted and I have to say, I like.... Very much! Very noticeable difference in mid-range when compared to the previous map from Superchips that came with the car when I bought it.

The cable and app are extremely easy to use and effectively give you the option of switching between a maximum of 5 different maps, with one option being reserved for your original software.

Now, those extra mods can't come soon enough, after which more software tunnage is sure to follow!

Thanks Rick!
Isn't he a great man to deal with?

Drive safe buddy keep the mods coming

Thanks Rick!
So what data did you supply rick with for your map

None for now. I just told him that a sport cat will be going in later this week, so my map has that addressed already. Once the full system is in, then I'll do a logging run to get the most off what i have.

The plan is to eventually get all outstanding bits added to get to stage 2+, which will need another map and logging.

Rick, I tried logging on Torque Pro and it just logs speed, rpm, distance etc. Not what I thought at all. I'm sure there is an app that logs similar to vcds/vagcom. Maybe not bit that's the only reason I bought torque pro. Oh well will try and get hold of someone with vcds/vagcom.

Rick, I tried logging on Torque Pro and it just logs speed, rpm, distance etc. Not what I thought at all. I'm sure there is an app that logs similar to vcds/vagcom. Maybe not bit that's the only reason I bought torque pro. Oh well will try and get hold of someone with vcds/vagcom.
Checkout the vcds users map section of the forum. There are plenty of people here that can help.

I do like Torque Pro, especially after getting phone screen mirroring working on my stereo, so can have all of the dials displayed on a large screen as I'm driving.

Reactions: JudderMan
Finally got the Revo CAI fitted to go with the full BCS powervalve system and one of Rick's maps. Took it for a spin last night and boy was that fun! My 4yo daughter normally loves getting picked up from her after-school club, but this time she was asking me to not go home and spend some time to drive her around for a bit... I swear, there were times when we were both giggling like two little girls!... Oh, wait... One actual little girl and a grown man :)

Rick, you might be seeing some VCDS logs from me in the next few days!

Reactions: JudderMan and Mario8P
Finally got the Revo CAI fitted to go with the full BCS powervalve system and one of Rick's maps. Took it for a spin last night and boy was that fun! My 4yo daughter normally loves getting picked up from her after-school club, but this time she was asking me to not go home and spend some time to drive her around for a bit... I swear, there were times when we were both giggling like two little girls!... Oh, wait... One actual little girl and a grown man :)

Rick, you might be seeing some VCDS logs from me in the next few days!
Hahahaha I know the feeling trust me!
I always take the long route on my way back home from work.

Rick you rock man!

Reactions: JudderMan
Does anyone know if Unicorn are still selling this ?