some of my photo's

FranA3

FMDETAILING
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
here are some photo's I've taken recently I've been out practising a lot over xmas as I've had loads of time off
DSCF6250.jpg

DSCF6372-1.jpg

DSCF6378.jpg

DSCF6291.jpg

DSCF6274.jpg

DSCF6364.jpg

DSCF6182.jpg

DSCF6169.jpg

any tips for how to get my photo's better are greatly appreciated
fran

Reactions: Paullie
colours are a bit wishy washy, wider appature and longer exposure time needed. great effort though. what camera do you have?

your a bit stuck with compacts, slr is most definately the way forward. argos have slr nikons half price at the moment.

I agree with what's been said already and would like to add a little bit. Spend some time on composition,maybe line things up, or centre them maybe.

So good visions though, keep at it bud

your a bit stuck with compacts, slr is most definately the way forward. argos have slr nikons half price at the moment.
yeah i know i can do a bit of programming but only so much , will have to get one on the birthday list for march lol

I agree with what's been said already and would like to add a little bit. Spend some time on composition,maybe line things up, or centre them maybe.

So good visions though, keep at it bud
work in progress mark eh still learning at it but they do say practise makes perfect

Look out for nikons second hand, always see them on gumtree. Then you can mess about alot more with the settings and filters. Pictures look good though, get adobe lightroom and have a play with them

yeah thanks mate will keep my eye out for them , they were mildly edited on photobucket but I'm still learning at taking good photo's

Good stuff Fran, when you get a Dslr or Slr you'll be so happy, when i got my dslr i moved onto another level straight away, even with my point and shoot skills!

thanks mate i really want to get one its been on the list for ages just never had the money to get one more important things to spend my hard earned on lol

Fran, photos are awesome.

Just treat yourself Fran.

Some overtime required then young sir.

come march time I'm going to be £50 per week better off so i can save up in no time then can't wait , this year is going to be a dam good year most of my depts should be payed off and the best one my car will be payed off in december can't come soon enough believe me lol

Lol, roll on march then Fran. Its just weeks away now. Nice new camera for the summer.

fran, if you not got light a room drop me a PM.

read up on rules of third or something, I can't remember what its called correctly but its somethjng to do with rules and 3rd. Lol

fran, if you not got light a room drop me a PM.

read up on rules of third or something, I can't remember what its called correctly but its somethjng to do with rules and 3rd. Lol
whats light a room do you mean adobe lightroom

Get yourself a good second had CANON!! 400D, 350D, etc pick them up for round 200-300 with lens. next you need a tripod, I actually bought a manfrotto today from Argos for 50quid and i also got a wireless trigger thingy for it so i can do long exposures. after you got that what you have to do it get up before the sun rises, head to a nice spot (beach, landmark etc) and wait for that moment to capture. again this works with sunsets too. its ALL in the lighting. try to keep your iso to a low number like 100 or 200. for landscapes you want to have a wide aperture so set it to F.8 or higher then the shutter speed comes next. using the tripod will allow you to open the shutter for a lot longer than hand held which in return allows you to catch that silky effect when shooting beach shots or waterscapes. for action shots the slow shutter can also work as you can use it for panning when shooting drift cars etc

Panning
Panning your camera: Action and Sports Photography - YouTube

Slow shutter
Photography Tips, Essential Skills, Quickly Transform Your Photos, by Karl Taylor - YouTube

Ive got the 50D and the 550D (for video use) both are great. Ive been doing photography for maybe 3-4 years now and I've learned a lot in that time but still a lot more to learn.

heres one of my recent slow shutter speed beach shots.

1zm12tg.jpg

Reactions: FranA3
Lovely piccies, Fran! Keep up the good work, Sweetie. :wub: xx

Reactions: FranA3
Lovely piccies, Fran! Keep up the good work, Sweetie. :wub: xx
aww thank you paulie :wub: I'm still learning the whole getting good photo's but I'm getting there slowly just need to invest in a better camera when i can but this one will do for now i suppose it doesn't take bad photo's .xx

Lol, classy shot Fran. Nice to drink as well.

Fran - cmong along nice there - someone already mentioned it but you need a tripod - i picked one up from amazon with a hook attatched for a silly price. Also for good pics you need:-
Good light
Good composition
Dont be afraid to try random things but if your camera wont automatically adjust the shutter speed when you alter the aperture, then your going to have some fun lol!

Fran - cmong along nice there - someone already mentioned it but you need a tripod - i picked one up from amazon with a hook attatched for a silly price. Also for good pics you need:-
Good light
Good composition
Dont be afraid to try random things but if your camera wont automatically adjust the shutter speed when you alter the aperture, then your going to have some fun lol!
alright warren only just seen this lol , thanks buddy , i think I've come as far as poss with a compact need to upgrade soon i think been looking on ebay at canon 400D some cheap ones on there now as they are an old camera but still up to the job

Yeah i got my nikon d3100 off ebay - it was only a couple of months old and had a telephoto lens with it. I saved about 150 bucks just because it was second hand.
If you have a budget, email me and i will have a snoop for you?
Also if you require lightroom and cs5 ( photoshop ) i can post em to your door!

nice pics fran, i had a new camera for crimbo to, it is a fujifilm finepix s3280 bridge camera. had a play about when i was on holidays with it and found myself taking pics of loads of flowers, lol

Yeah i got my nikon d3100 off ebay - it was only a couple of months old and had a telephoto lens with it. I saved about 150 bucks just because it was second hand.
If you have a budget, email me and i will have a snoop for you?
Also if you require lightroom and cs5 ( photoshop ) i can post em to your door!
happy days then bud nice amount to save that is , I've already got lightroom so no worries there buddy ;)