Service reset

Reaction score
Hey all!

Had my a3 2.0tdi serviced 2 weeks ago (Not by Audi). I asked if they can change it from longlife to fixed (10,000 miles) servicing
Now when i check the car for it's next service it come up with this ---- MI and ---- Days.
audisevice.jpg

I've done 209miles in it now thinking it would start counting down but it hasnt.

Is this right ??

Dan

around 500 mile till it shows up

not always the case , mine was serviced last week and it showed 365 days straight away, Audi tend to say it takes a few days driving.

I changed my servicing from fixed annual 10000m to Audi Variable Servicing. 2 years and upto 19000m. The dealer mistakenly reset the service indicator to fixed and it showed 365days and 9900m straight away (the next day). I had them reset it to the correct AVS and it showed nothing, as yours is, until I had done a number of miles. Maybe 500 plus. It now shows 12300m and 450odd days, which is about right.
I think yours may have been set back to AVS. You should easily tell when the number finally comes up.

So sounding like it's going to take the 500 miles odd before it starts counting down. Because i've changed from longlife to fixed servcing.
If it was reset to longlife to longlife or fixed to fixed would of done it more or less straight away.
:think: lol

Sounds to me like its been set to variable also, hence the '---' you are seeing and it taking a while to work out how many miles/days til next service.
If it was on fixed i'd imagine it'd show 365 days/10000miles pretty much straight away as it's set to that period and doesn't need to calculate anything.

Hi Aythreee

I reset my service counter yesterday at 39190, I am doing a thorough 40 K service over next few days.

Yesterday the service counter showed 365 days and 9100 miles. Drove it to work and it showed 366 and 9000 miles.

It looks like it is set to a fixed schedule even though the log book says otherwise.

Any thoughts on thsi would be much appreciated!!

Last edited: