S3 + Rain = Clean Ear

PaulAr

S3 (8P)
Reaction score
Forgot how refreshing it was.

Not sure if my leccy windows still work.
My ear is clean though.

Every cloud:icon_thumright:

I make it do a few pops and bangs and baaaabaaaabaaaaababa before I put the windows down. :)

Good to see the same design was kept for the 8P from the 8L

Reactions: Danman1
My worst was...

It was hailing like crazy and there was a shed load of ice on the roof. Went to get fuel from Shell, open the door and Boooomf. Landed on my head much to most peoples enjoyment at the station. Classy...

Along with the window rattle that's just started up in mine now it's bedding in there are a few features they need to look at ironing out in the next gen model.

Window shower / window rattle / leather seat bolster wear / coil pack & plugs premature failure. Other than that, for a nine year old platform its a pretty good car.

As mine is garaged I don't get as many showers now, but it keeps you sharp!

Hahaha, this thread is wicked! I was F'ing at the car yesterday when I wanted the window open and got a ****** ear full. Classic.
I have had this in any car before. Opening the window was always 'safe', LOL

3 months, what you drive at the mo N8?
must be a lot of work your havin done, can you let on??

I think his Mrs uses it and he uses his VW van for work stuff, or perhaps he has been having the car converted to left hand drive for his euro trip, nothing would surprise me with N8 !

You would have thought with the roof rails it might have made some difference but no!! Still get a good shower post shower on the way into work!

Hahaha this is awesome, got my first A3 on saturday and have been on this forum for the last couple of weeks and had read about this thinking is it really so bad??? Didnt think anymore about it, got in the car yesterday, pulled out of my drive, wound down the window and wooosh! OCD kicked in ah ah ahhh! Made me laugh so much after thinking about some of the threads!

Reactions: OVRA3
Hahaha this is awesome, got my first A3 on saturday and have been on this forum for the last couple of weeks and had read about this thinking is it really so bad??? Didnt think anymore about it, got in the car yesterday, pulled out of my drive, wound down the window and wooosh! OCD kicked in ah ah ahhh! Made me laugh so much after thinking about some of the threads!

Its ridiculous, I still fall for everytime, take a few bends quickly see it pour off the back and think.. I can open my window now and then next think you know water down the door down my neck and down my arm lol