S3 8l dsg conversion

Tj 0785

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm playing around with ideas with what to do with my s3 I'm leaning to going the 3.2 route and a supercharger, if I'm gunna be investing a lot of money in to it I would like to be a bit different from all the others bt builds. I've seen a few 8l dsg on you tube but how hard it to actually do?

Not physically difficult to do as the TT and R32 have this engine (TT is the only Mk4 chassis DSG in the UK though)...

Biggest issue tends to be finding the info out for re-coding..

Did debate on this myself tbh, using the engine and box from the TT, adapting the loom from the TT etc...

Getting the gear lever stuff in neat may be interesting but its doable at the end of the day

<tuffty/>

I was thinking of getting a donor tt taking the engine,gearbox, loom, paddles and Ecu
And sell on what's left of the car
I'm just weighing up ideas at the min some stupid ones aswell I seen a rs4 b5 (I'd have to do the cheaper s4) engined s3 but it's bad enough worrying about one turbo going let alone 2

Dsg in 8l its great.
Its easy to do but expensive
You need need a controller between ecu and dsg (cost 1200€ in www.pparts.net)
Mechanical it's easy

Dsg dq250 can handle 800hp in 1.8t
With a good remap it's like an f1 car

i have seen a golf mk1 with an AGU running a dq200 box, had both aftermarket engine and dsg ecu, so anything is possible

If you're considering 3.2 and supercharging, wouldn't it be cheaper to get a r32 or a tt already with a dsg box and supercharging it? Or do you have a thing for the S3?

It would be a lot cheaper but the tt I've never been keen on and I already have a mk5 dsg r32 as a daily but would still rather be driving my s3 I think it's going to say 1.8t it was a thought as a damaged tt was going cheap

Ha I know no funds for it at the minute though there's a few popping up at the minute and ive just blew the money I had put a side for an engine on the house instead

Priorities wrong, you can live in a car but you can't drive a house ;) haha

Reactions: Tj 0785
due to stripping 4th gear I'm looking at the options for DSG, ive been advised Dq500 has been fitted before to a 1.8T, and so has mq500, has anyone had any experience of fitting either of these?