RS3 8Y Picture Gallery Thread

Lol should've paid a lot more and bought one from Ireland.......

Attachments

• green seats.png
    green seats.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 252
  • green interior design pack.png
    green interior design pack.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 221
Reactions: FBF01
Lol should've paid a lot more and bought one from Ireland.......
If only this option was available in the UK. I think Audi really missed a trick there, I would have picked that option.

Reactions: Terminator x
She's just been detailed. A couple of shots.

P1000661
P1000663
P1000667
P1000675

• Love
Reactions: Barmybobuk, Kevmoz, kormilo1950 and 15 others
I thought you enjoyed every minute of your stress free wait ;)
First adaptor waiting times where a walk in the park....in comparison to what it is now but maybe the longer waiting times are a good thing as slowly but surely owners are beginning to to get problematic gremlins and faults also l think the Hype has dwindled away now honeymoon period over

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
First adaptor waiting times where a walk in the park....in comparison to what it is now but maybe the longer waiting times are a good thing as slowly but surely owners are beginning to to get problematic gremlins and faults also l think the Hype has dwindled away now honeymoon period over

yeah it’s been a bit back to front this time round hasn’t it with shorter lead times and ironically lower prices for early adopters.

touch wood quality on mine has been rock solid so far with zero faults or niggles and even the brakes don’t squeal.
My 8v was in & out the shop countless times in the first 6 months of ownership for squeaking brakes and warped discs.

The 8y does feel solidly built even if some of the materials are lower grade.

Reactions: 8YARWY, Jassyo06, 3vans and 4 others
yeah it’s been a bit back to front this time round hasn’t it with shorter lead times and ironically lower prices for early adopters.

touch wood quality on mine has been rock solid so far with zero faults or niggles and even the brakes don’t squeal.
My 8v was in & out the shop countless times in the first 6 months of ownership for squeaking brakes and warped discs.

The 8y does feel solidly built even if some of the materials are lower grade.

my brakes squeal now and again when cold - I think they’ve just got an aggressive pad tbh… I’m not too fussed by it though.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Been trying hard to capture all the angles going on down the side of the car - really is my favourite view but so hard to get across in pics.

My latest effort to capture it though shows the distortion to the wife’s 1er - plus mythos black clean again and even dust free (for now )

Attachments

• F0247E58-73AB-4331-96F6-E48C684AA0DD.jpeg
    F0247E58-73AB-4331-96F6-E48C684AA0DD.jpeg
    511.1 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Stu-27
Porsche Chalk……

0850f359a4e9cae18985de7d5de8923c.png

036bf378bd7b0fa1f1fdd8d476603629.png

a4c08eb6f2c7110ef17f43a002a04ccf.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kormilo1950, FBF01, kayemill and 9 others
Now that looks great worth the extra £2k or £2600 over Kemora

i thought you didn’t like that colour mate ?
(crayon)
Or is chalk a different colour ?

first time I saw it on a Porsche I thought it looked good although it is common on Porsche’s now - problem of any nice colour when it becomes too popular

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
(crayon)

first time I saw it on a Porsche I thought it looked good although it is common on Porsche’s now - problem of any nice colour when it becomes too popular
Don't see many Porsche cars around my way if l do their either black or agate grey...YUCK ....l think most colours on a Porsche look great if you option the right exterior packs and the right alloys ie the most expensive ones lol the Macan gts Jordan had was a £100k l think Crayon is even lighter in tone to Chalk both separate colours here's one for ya that Chalk Macan had the coloured key option and it was Miami blue not Chalk and also Miami blue seat belts.....looked awesome just shows how much a Porsche can be configured and to a lesser extent so is the golf gti variants...even the R...model apart from 3 paint colours l mean how F@@KED up is that..only 3 colours? last but not least is most expensive Vag hatchback the RS3 8Y which is the least configurable performance car they make.....too many millenials employed by Vag me thinks...because it does make sense lol

Reactions: 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
Don't see many Porsche cars around my way if l do their either black or agate grey...YUCK ....l think most colours on a Porsche look great if you option the right exterior packs and the right alloys ie the most expensive ones lol the Macan gts Jordan had was a £100k l think Crayon is even lighter in tone to Chalk both separate colours here's one for ya that Chalk Macan had the coloured key option and it was Miami blue not Chalk and also Miami blue seat belts.....looked awesome just shows how much a Porsche can be configured and to a lesser extent so is the golf gti variants...even the R...model apart from 3 paint colours l mean how F@@KED up is that..only 3 colours? last but not least is most expensive Vag hatchback the RS3 8Y which is the least configurable performance car they make.....too many millenials employed by Vag me thinks...because it does make sense lol

yeah the Porsche configurator is huge isn’t it yet Audi & VW have imposed massive limitations.

Porsche does have some of the nicest shades of blue for sure

Reactions: Jassyo06
Chalk and crayon are the same colour mate I asked the sales guy in Porsche Bolton last month

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
(crayon)

I just cant get into this grey primer colour, maybe I have painted far too many cars in my past and seen them all 'primer grey' even thinking at the time they looked quite nice, but now, no, just cant like it, or understand it tbh?
Any other colour I can 'accept' and see why people might want it, I would (and nearly did) have my RS3 in Kyalami, I nearly swapped it to Daytona, the white looks ok, but Kemora/Nardo/Crayon, not for me!! good job we are all different eh?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
I just cant get into this grey primer colour, maybe I have painted far too many cars in my past and seen them all 'primer grey' even thinking at the time they looked quite nice, but now, no, just cant like it, or understand it tbh?
Any other colour I can 'accept' and see why people might want it, I would (and nearly did) have my RS3 in Kyalami, I nearly swapped it to Daytona, the white looks ok, but Kemora/Nardo/Crayon, not for me!! good job we are all different eh?
Chalk/Crayon...is the best out of a bad bunch ...I like the chalk but I wouldn't choose it for my own car...and l think skoda have used it on some their cars it's very similar or do l need my eyes test...lol

Attachments

• Skoda-Fabia_Monte_Carlo-2019-1600-03.jpg
    Skoda-Fabia_Monte_Carlo-2019-1600-03.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 125
What where you doing in a Porsche dealership ??????????
I went in about ordering a Macan S but was quoted next July which dampened my enthusiasm to order .
With nothing readily available I just don't know what to do other than keep my car for the time being .
Its 3 and half year old in September and now has done 29k so I want to get out of it while it still holds decent value .

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and Jassyo06
I want in about ordering a Macan S but was quoted next July which dampened my enthusiasm to order .
With nothing readily available I just don't know what to do other than keep my car for the time being .
Its 3 and half year old in September and now has done 29k so I want to get out of it while it still holds decent value .
The Macan gts Jordan had...is their new Demo for his dealership so they won't sell
Even in a £100k Porsche they use faux/plastic leather in the rear seats just like Audi's does shame on them

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
The Macan gts Jordan had...is their new Demo for his dealership so they won't sell
Even in a £100k Porsche they use faux/plastic leather in the rear seats just like Audi's does shame on them
Shocking that especially from a brand as big as Porsche does it surprise me no .
I thought the Macan cabin was lovely to be honest nothing stood out as looking or feeling cheap .

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and Jassyo06
Shocking that especially from a brand as big as Porsche does it surprise me no .
I thought the Macan cabin was lovely to be honest nothing stood out as looking or feeling cheap .
Solid build quality mate not a fan of microfiber everywhere ....in the gts loved the red on the chrono and on the speedo.....miami blue seat belts they just looked classy not tacky the Porsche just gets away with it for some reason

Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
Very nice. How are you finding the suspension and ride comfort now it's been changed for a bit?
Absolutely fine. I was quite apprehensive about how the car would feel as I don't have the adaptive dampers but with the Eibachs there's almost no difference to ride quality even on our rough roads in Scotland lol

Reactions: kayemill
Absolutely fine. I was quite apprehensive about how the car would feel as I don't have the adaptive dampers but with the Eibachs there's almost no difference to ride quality even on our rough roads in Scotland lol
That's really good. So you'd do it again then, and the spacers? What about tyre issues with the lowered set up?

That's really good. So you'd do it again then, and the spacers? What about tyre issues with the lowered set up?
No issues with tyres or rubbing on the pirellis with the springs or spacers.

Reactions: Deleted member 160894
Aye he f@@ked it up and asks for advice to a certain member on this forum concerning it plus a few other things then goes and bad mouths him and myself on the Fudbook members forum guys a moon man
Mate talk about living rent free in someone’s head what the hell are you actually on about? If lowering a car and it needing an alignment is fooking it up then crack on fella absolute mouthpiece.

Last edited:
Reactions: Add_Profile and billymc92
Guys please try to get along. This is a forum and we have some young members reading with their parents. Life is to short to fall out over a car.

Reactions: Charlie Farley, mb127, Audi Bairn and 1 other person