RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

In terms of performance tuning, what Brabus/Reintech are to ‘Mercedes, who would you guys say is the equivalent for RS?
Probably ABT I'd say?

Edit: I'll just add that their prices reflect it too. Tuning and parts are eye-wateringly expensive from them, but I think part of that is also down to being TUV approved.

Probably ABT I'd say?

Edit: I'll just add that their prices reflect it too. Tuning and parts are eye-wateringly expensive from them, but I think part of that is also down to being TUV approved.

Vastly overpriced rubbish that often doesn’t make the power advertised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LayZ_Pz and Daggerit
Vastly overpriced rubbish that often doesn’t make the power advertised.

No experience with the claimed versus actual powers, but definitely very expensive. I put it down to the TUV approval because most things that have that stamp are very expensive as a result, whether that's the process or just being able to sell it as road legal and jack up the cost I don't know. Not something I'd be itching to spend money on either way, personally.

Forgot about them!

ABT/MTM I don’t really follow what either do though probably because they aren’t UK based and a lot of their YouTube content seems to be in German.

I honestly think European tuners are more talented than the ones that are uk based, you also have BTM who know their stuff..

Take the 8Y rs3 as a good example still has not been cracked by uk tuners like QSTUNING, MRC etc.. whilst their German counterparts are well ahead.

ABT/MTM I don’t really follow what either do though probably because they aren’t UK based and a lot of their YouTube content seems to be in German.

I honestly think European tuners are more talented than the ones that are uk based, you also have BTM who know their stuff..

Take the 8Y rs3 as a good example still has not been cracked by uk tuners like QSTUNING, MRC etc.. whilst their German counterparts are well ahead.
I could be wrong but I don't think that they have cracked the ECU either? I think that there's only one or two places that have and they're sending the ECU to them to develop a tune so it's ready when mainstream cracking of the ECU happens. Could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure it's still something ridiculous like EUR4000 for the unlock and then you pay for the people's tuning cost on top of that.

Lol insane prices as ever

ec5c3e0dda9c1295925704a87b09a96b.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: kayemill, Terminator x, Tommm and 1 other person
I could be wrong but I don't think that they have cracked the ECU either? I think that there's only one or two places that have and they're sending the ECU to them to develop a tune so it's ready when mainstream cracking of the ECU happens. Could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure it's still something ridiculous like EUR4000 for the unlock and then you pay for the people's tuning cost on top of that.

sorry not very technical when it comes to tuning and everything that comes with it such as reading the graphs etc lol but my pal is German and he told me awhile ago HGP have cracked the software on the 8y and due to them being only one of the few who can do a proper tune on these cars you will have to pay a premium currently.

He says it’s fully custom rolling road, if that makes sense?

Reactions: Daggerit
Hi all,
Does anyone have any recommendations, apart from kitzUK or Ct carbon, where I can obtain the spoiler/diffuser add-on? TIA.

Hi all,
Does anyone have any recommendations, apart from kitzUK or Ct carbon, where I can obtain the spoiler/diffuser add-on? TIA.

Auto ID, R44, Maxton , the Urban kit looks very nice IMO, Automotive Passion.

Reactions: Snugsmann
Yes, its the thought of engine mods and bad rebuilds.
Made me wonder, if the engine plays up, check the oil first for shiny bits as the first step ?

Lol too late as you’ll have a window in the block by then.

Reactions: RS03???
Thought I post it in here rather than the tracker post that I am active in. Anyone know if we get the messaging seat function on our cars just watched a video on youtube and he mentioned it. Maybe its specific to the euro market but would be interesting to know if anyone here has any further info on it.

link to video

Thought I post it in here rather than the tracker post that I am active in. Anyone know if we get the messaging seat function on our cars just watched a video on youtube and he mentioned it. Maybe its specific to the euro market but would be interesting to know if anyone here has any further info on it.

link to video

The UK didn't get massage seats as an option - other markets do though.
Reg of the car in the video is South African I think (and the guy sounds it too :sweatsmile:)
Screenshot 20230616 211601 Drive

Anyone else have a water leak in the boot (saloon) after washing? I’m wondering if I’m a little aggressive with cleaning the snow foam from around the boot area! Only happens on the offside (drivers).

Attachments

• IMG_6039.jpeg
    IMG_6039.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6040.jpeg
    IMG_6040.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6037.jpeg
    IMG_6037.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 83
Anyone else have a water leak in the boot (saloon) after washing? I’m wondering if I’m a little aggressive with cleaning the snow foam from around the boot area! Only happens on the offside (drivers).

Jeeez, 60k+ and it leaks.

Audi have lost their way in my opinion.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Kevmoz

Mine does this but I don’t think it’s leaking, it’s more just a case of the water run off from the boot lit when opened.

Reactions: Tommm
I’ve run water with the hose and no leak, it’s got to be when I angle the pressure washer to clear the snow foam off and again when I wash to shampoo away. I’ll just go a little easier in future!

Reactions: garethdj
I’ve run water with the hose and no leak, it’s got to be when I angle the pressure washer to clear the snow foam off and again when I wash to shampoo away. I’ll just go a little easier in future!

Jeeez you’ll have the paint off it next time

Mine does this but I don’t think it’s leaking, it’s more just a case of the water run off from the boot lit when opened.

Jeeez you’ll have the paint off it next time

Got to keep it clean, it’s my OCD! I’ve even had a go a stripes in the floor mats.

Interested in returning back to an RS3, when are order books opening again? I would suspect a wait of 12 months after would be in order, which is fine, as I've a year to run on my current PCP

Looking to get rid of my 8Y Saloon in Kaylami Green, don’t have permission to post in the correct section so if an admin could give me that, would be appreciated.

7k on the clock, just serviced. Immaculate as you’d expect. Garaged overnight. Car pro ceramic coating applied prior to collection (inside and out). Fitted with a scorpion OPF back exhaust which will stay on the car. Also have a BlueSpark tuning box and Airtec intake which can be included for an additional amount.

All 4 tyres are have legal tread depth but really need replacing!

Had the car 12 months now so looking for a change, don’t hang onto my cars long (last one was an M2 comp for 4 months)!

Open to sensible offers!

Didn't you only just put the air intake on it? What's made you decide to sell?

Didn't you only just put the air intake on it? What's made you decide to sell?

Yes, that’ll be up for grabs soon.

Had it 12 months, which is long for me. I change my mind like the wind. Nearly part ex’d for an RS4 in Jan.

Want to get rid now while the money is strong. Will probably buy something cheaper and bide my time for a bit, but famous last words!

Looking to get rid of my 8Y Saloon in Kaylami Green, don’t have permission to post in the correct section so if an admin could give me that, would be appreciated.

7k on the clock, just serviced. Immaculate as you’d expect. Garaged overnight. Car pro ceramic coating applied prior to collection (inside and out). Fitted with a scorpion OPF back exhaust which will stay on the car. Also have a BlueSpark tuning box and Airtec intake which can be included for an additional amount.

All 4 tyres are have legal tread depth but really need replacing!

Had the car 12 months now so looking for a change, don’t hang onto my cars long (last one was an M2 comp for 4 months)!

Open to sensible offers!

There is no restriction to post in classified, can you expand on what problem you are experiencing.

Carwow

Did you get what they originally advised and if so how many offers did you get/turn down? I used motorway before for a Golf GTi PP and they were constantly calling low balling what they originally advised it was worth, however after 5 days I got that figure.

Did you get what they originally advised and if so how many offers did you get/turn down? I used motorway before for a Golf GTi PP and they were constantly calling low balling what they originally advised it was worth, however after 5 days I got that figure.

Carwow has changed how they work. It now goes into a daily auction and you set a reserve price. Then if it doesn’t hit the reserve you can choose to accept a lower offer or they’ll continue to advertise it for 2 days after the auction ends so you can get further offers.

I set the reserve at 500 below their valuation, based on their recommendation and it actually went for the reserve price. As it happens the reserve was 500 above what I said I’d be happy with so, all in bit of a winner.

Motorways valuation was mega low, 5k below carwow’s. I think they now operate in the same way, as again they wanted me to set a reserve. Of course they won’t let you put a reserve lower than their valuation.

Happy to share what I got once the money is in the bank and the car is out of my hands!

What's next for you after the RS3

As for what’s next it’ll be nothing special in the short term. I’m going to take the equity I’ve got and buy something outright.

At the moment I’m thinking something like a Mini JCW. Ticks multiple boxes, relatively cheap and cheerful to run, capable of going on track, a couple of isofix points in the back, design that hasn’t really aged (albeit it’s not my immediate cuppa) and something both me and my partner would be happy for her to be insured on / drive (unlike the RS3) so I can have the Q7 when I’ve got all 3 kids!

After that we’ll see, going to use the spare cash to get some things around the house finished off, then see how the mortgage situation pans out next year when it’s due for renewal… that’ll dictate whether it’s something like an R8/ 911 GTS… or an A45S, M240i or maybe a DAZA TTRS :)

Reactions: Joey Slats